It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer # 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you haven't seen it yet here it is. It was released today. As for what you'll see, nothing looks disappointing in my mind. Take a....take a look.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Is that Tommy????!?!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

No, it's Michael, that's all that's known. Dan Houser has stated that only characters from the "HD era" could potentially show up in this game, so that means any character from GTA 4 and the expansions for it. GTA SA, VC, and 3 fall under a different era. Different eras have their own universe according to him.
edit on 14-11-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wonder how many GTA'S will be made before people stop buying.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I wonder how many GTAs will be made before they actually make one that is as realistic as real life. Right now the CGI looks just like GTA4....boring, nothing new.....When you get caught sleeping once, youre toast.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This game is gonna put the GTA franchise in the top 5 franchises of all time, without a doubt. I've been following news on it for months now. My fellow GTA fans are with me on this long wait.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Well now I'm a little sad, if it were the return of tommy people would flip.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Gonna be preordering this one... oh yeah.

Hah! Check out their link to Epsilon! KIFFLOM!

If you don't remember, it was like the GTA universe's version of Scientology.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Cuervo because: Added link

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
I wonder how many GTAs will be made before they actually make one that is as realistic as real life. Right now the CGI looks just like GTA4....boring, nothing new.....When you get caught sleeping once, youre toast.

Its not the game makers fault, I blame Microsoft and Sony PS3 and XBOX 360 wear out of date in 2010. But at least they got the chance to utilize the full potential of the xbox and ps3 if you look at a game from 2007 and look at a similar game in 2010 the performance and the graphics have risen. This is because they have had no choice. So at least some advancements have been maid.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Can't wait for this!

I did notice one thing from the trailer that hasn't been in any of the other GTA's A Dog

Wonder if that means we will be able to set dogs on people, I hope so.

Release the Hounds

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i'm just happy to have jets and pushbikes back in gta.

what about lazlo, the radio dj that was in the old era and hd. because of this, the different universe thing can't make sense.

reply to post by davespanners

police dogs chasing you when on foot would be fun.
______

i cant wait.
edit on 16/11/2012 by listerofsmeg because: because: because:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

The universe idea only affects characters whom you see. Brands, cars, anything associate with radio, guns, companies, etc. all can cross over which is why these are the things which you find in game after game. I believe the idea is when you see a character the way they look based on the current graphics is the way they stay. You couldn't have a character from one of the PS2 GTAs on a current generation system because either they would have their look drastically changed or they'd have to look exactly the same. If their appearance is updated then suddenly it's almost like two different people and no longer do you remember them as a single entity. If their graphical look remains the same then you'd have a goofy looking game to say the least. You could say the same for cars, but to me it seems completely acceptable because the cars are not meant to remain with such meaning in your mind as a character should.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

i understand this but the characters would look different anyway as they would have aged a decade or two so remodeling lets say love fist or cj wouldn't be so bad as they shouldnt look the same anyway.

i don't really care too much either way but its a shame to see some awesome crazy characters just disappear.

based on their characters though i'd expect to see tommy vercetti dead or as the next main bad guy, he was a psychopath with many enemies. i can't really imagine cj and his brother staying away from los santos.

oh well, no bad news or even that there's 3 main characters will stop me getting this game and loving it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Can't wait to get my hands on that game.
The second trailer is awesome!!!
I'm not a hardcore gamer and I'm very picky. The only games I've played the last couple of years are GTA IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony, the Lost and the Damned and Red Dead Redemption.

It's great to see several features from GTA San Andreas are back like the bicycles, the trucks with trailers and the planes.

What the characters concerns, I like the new concept of being able to switch to another character during a mission. I also don't mind that there are new characters, I think GTA would get a little boring if you would play always the same character.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm stoked, but I still can't figure out who the protagonist is.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaymp

The three standing together in the trailer are the main protagonists.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The game looks incredible.

I saw the option to pre order at a Target last week. Was a little disappointed when I found out it's not coming until Spring. Can't wait for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Cool and all but the problem with all the GTA games was that it becomes boring fast, that and there so dam easy and reach a point of pointlessness that they literally lose there fun in a few day or a week at most. This new one looks like the same old stuff with new graphics, even the charters are getting a bit annoying and quite frankly just plain boring, and there clicheness which used to be at least amusing is now just getting retarded and its quite pathetic.

Hopefully this one will keep my attention for a day or two but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

a million.

GTA V looks like its going to blow all the other GTA's out of the water, San Andreas, GTA IV, all will become irrellevant. The only people who will be playing those games are those who cant afford, or for some reason, cannot obtain GTA V.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I dont know about that, San Andreas was terribly long, but terribly entertaining, and seriously challenging, even though i cheated my ass off

It was the most in depth GTA thus far.

In my opinion, GTA IV was just eye candy, something to show off in the new era of gaming, but theyve had years to perfect this game

top topics

<<   2 >>

join