It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something moving on my bed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Ha! Similar thing used to happen to me. Let me give you the full story:

When I was a little kid my brother and I used to share a room. Well, I wanted my own room and we had a guest bedroom. It always gave me the creeps, but that was probably because I was little and no one lived in that room. Anyways, I moved into said room. Nothing really significant of note, except that one day my friend and I were looking at this huge old bible we had. In the bible we found a picture of what is likely a great grandmother or great great grandmother of mine. Meanwhile, the TV was on. Once we got tired of that, we put the picture back into the bible, and shut the bible. The moment the bible shut, the TV inexplicably turned off. The remote was not by either of us. The plug did not come off. The TV just turned itself off.

Now, on to what you said about your experience. When I lived with my parents, in this room, I would feel the bed ever so slightly shake. Not while I was asleep. When I had laid down. I would be wide awake, sometimes watching TV. I chalked it up to muscle spasms or my imagination since the movements were so little. However, it did not feel like any one was laying next to me, but like someone had grabbed the bed and ever so slightly was shaking it. Anyways, eventually it started to get to me, so I wanted to see if it was my muscles. So, when it began happening, and I mostly felt it with my legs, I lifted my legs up to see if the bed still felt like it was moving. I put my hand on different parts of the bed to see if it still felt like it was moving. Every time, it was. The only time it would stop shaking was when I got out of bed to feel if it shaking.

Eventually, it happened more and more often, until my brother moved out -- at which time I switched bedrooms back to my old bedroom because it was much bigger. I have never once felt the bed shake since then. I've since moved out of my house, got married, etc. I'm now 28. This was happening when I was 24 (I moved into my brothers room at that age). It creeped me out, but whatever it was (if it was anything) it didn't feel malicious. Although, it did seem to happen more and more often, especially after I started trying to feel for it and recognized it being there.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This exact thing started happening to me in January. Was totally freaky, as soon as I laid down something would jump onto the end of the bed, if I yelled at it, it would jump off the foot of the bed and you could feel it and hear t jump. There would be a thud like a large cat or a small puppy. Now it just started again 2 weeks ago, and it is pretty consistent. I've seen a shadow moving around my room maybe 3-4 ft tall. I can always hear the tall entertainment centre crack as though something of weight jumped up on it. It never comes up past my knees, always moves around there and just as you say, feels like a pet trying to settle in. Although, I can tell when it's just leaning over looking at me and that is annoying. You can't see the blankets move, or see the bed move but you can feel the movement Just now I was in bed getting ready for sleep and it jumped on the bed, really annoying when you're tired.

I don't feel in danger but it is very annoying. I have had my Priest come in and Bless my home and everything in it but it continues. I don't believe it's anything demonic or it would be bothered by my Religious Icons, Blessed Salt and Holy Water. Nothing bothers it, my curiousity is ... if so many of us experiencing this why is it not being explained? Why is it not public? Why are we not dealing with it? I'm a little confused about why it's being ignored?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
My mother has felt that,an invisible cat walking on her-i grew up in a genuine haunted house on an old graveyard(not Indian thank God,this being South Africa) and there were always creepy things happening.
Another cat-thing that my youngest daughter is still creeped out by,although it happened about 10 years ago-was the red-glowing eyed spectre of my beloved cat Spacey who just went missing one day,never to return,

When I was really sick one day,that cat(while still alive) stayed by me on the bed all day long,sniffing at me,acting concerned,not leaving my side.It was a strange 24hour bug,I was half unconscious most of the day-but a friend who was living with us at the time witnessed this cat's devotion-i still get teary ten years later thinking of how much that cat loved me,my precious Spacey.When he disappeared I was inconsolable,I cried till I could hardly see through puffy eyes-it completely broke my heart.

Then one day I was feeling sick again+went to bed earlier than the rest of the family-so when my youngest gal wanted to come say goodnight-she was stopped by a sight that scared her so badly she did'nt want to approach my bed.Spacey was on my bed,laying next to me,with red glowing eyes.She actually mentioned this episode yesterday afternoon,she never will forget this,she mentions it a few times every year.I just am always hoping that however he passed,he did'nt suffer-this will haunt me forever.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have a cat, and sometimes she doesn't sleep with me, most of the time she sleeps under the table but sometimes every now and then it feels like she is jumping up on our bed and is trying to sleep with me .......... Don't know who or what it is that is trying to sleep with me.... but usually I just think it's my cat!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You guys don't know how awesome it is to read all these post, this has been going on for 8 years (since we moved into our new house) Started out feeling like someone bumped into the end of the bed for many years. Then it started to progress to the pet like feeling jumping up (we have had no bets) making it comfortable kind of just lived with it. But same as others have said the feeling like someone is laying by you, in most years if I woke up it would go away. But last night had a not so comfortable feeling (enough it made me move to the couch) This really strong pressure feeling on the mattress right in between me and my husband, now weird thing is if I move or act awake it stops, but last night even if I pretended to be asleep it kept going. Also like others have said, it has never really totally crept me out in the past, it was just always annoying because you are trying to sleep but last night I was on the couch. Not sure if my hubby (who is not a major believer in this, such as I am) is feeling this and not saying anything, or he thinks its me doing it. We will see how tonight goes.

Thanks for listening to my 1st time rant of a post

Carol

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Not much I can tell you except I've had the same thing happen to me . I've even had a black cat walk up to me while sitting in the bathroom as to rub against my leg . It never bothered or worried me at all .

We've not had a cat in years since when my daughter was young none in the last 20 years .

I've even had the rabies tag from my last Alaskan Spitz wake me up a few times as if he's walking in the bedroom & he's been gone about 10 yrs now . It brings a smile to my face to think that they cared enough for us to stop back in .
John

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

1,The building you are in has movement, are there cracks on the wall?

2,Large trucks go by relatively close to your house, specifically speed bumps in the road

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have felt the invisible cat hopping on the bed as well. My mother feels it quite often while she is trying to sleep and swears it is the ghost of one of her cats. I personally don't have any answers as I've always wondered what it could be. I much prefer the invisible cat feeling to having my feet pulled on - which used to happen quite often at an old, very haunted home I lived in as a teen.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

My cat died a 1,5 years ago. Sometimes when Im in bed at night I can feel something soft kind of leaning against my side.

He used to lay beside me in bed for a little while before I fell asleep, just for a few minutes. Avery time that happens now I get a happy feeling inside. Sometimes I say "it's okay, you can stay with me for a while". And a few minutes later it fades away.

One morning when I woke up I turned my eyes to the night stand to see what time it was, and there he sat. On the night stand looking straight at me, for just a split second, and then he was gone. The only thing I could say was "thank you".

God I loved that guy.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Okay so I am having this problem now as we speak. It used to be really light. A light vibration. I would feel this slight tug on my sheets at first. Then I moved across states. I remember in the motels on the way to the east coast this thing followed me. Now that I'm here. It's here. It has gotten worse. The way to describe is like a cat is walking around my pillow. I would feel it move. Then now its happens when I lay my head on something like a pillow or against the couch. It sits there and touches my head. It's like a heaviness. I thick air surrounds me. I hate it. At first it was like whatever now it's like every time, everyday, every pillow or thing I lay my head across. I can feel my hair shift so lightly. I've tried everything. Smudging, praying, holy water. It's there ALWAYS. It's just annoying. I've asked my mom if she can feel it when I lay next to her and she says no. That is annoying. I just want it to leave me alone. It moves when I'm in bed laying on my side while I watch tv. I can feel it on my back. Sometimes it feels like it lands on the bed near my head and I can feel the bed dip slightly. Sometimes I wear a eye mask when I sleep and I can feel it pulling it slightly.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by womanoffaith

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one. It doesn't feel threating. I've tried everything as well. Holy water smudging and praying and it's still here. It's always with me. I'm sitting one my bed as we speak and i feel it. It doesn't feel threating, but it is definitely annoying. That's why i've been trying everything. It's hard to sleep when you feel something moving and you know you are not crazy.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hello there,

What a relief to learn that I'm not alone!

I've had this sensation almost every night for about 6 months. I hate it. It feels like ghosts or demons pressing on my mattress and tugging on my skin and clothes. It happens when I'm fully awake too. It's subtle but distracting. I never feel an evil presence, but I do lose sleep over it.

Has there been any change in the situation for any of you? Is there any chance it's just the result of anxiety, or are we really experiencing some kind of metaphysical phenomenon? I don't think something like a demon would behave in such a subtle way, but I don't know. I would love to think that it's something physical but I'm baffled. Any help or information would be excellent.

Someone recommended magnesium to cure this. Has anyone tried that?

Could any of you give me an update please? (personal contact info removed).

Thank you!

edit on 12/15/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: personal contact info removed

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
this may sound silly but try to pray for your cat, maybe he cant crossover and his spirit is stuck in this realm.

or it could be sleep paralysis.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by crummysleeper

No, you're not alone. I've had this every now and then for most of my life. Most often when I was young, however I had the sensation of someone bumping against my computer chair while I was at the computer a while back and it was hard enough to make me stop and look around the room. That's the only time it happened while not in bed. When I was a kid I felt what seemed to be someone sitting on the edge of the bed many times and heard many footsteps coming toward me but never going away. There was much more than that, but not applicable to this thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Hello,
I wanted to confirm the "cat on bed" stories, as this is happening to me as well. It began around 6 months ago and just like many of the other's stories has been increasing gradually in occurrence and duration. I can feel a light cat-like presence gently walking around my legs and up to my head practically every night now beginning as soon as i lay down and often keeping me up late. I am more annoyed than frightened, but curious if anyone else has been able to make any sort of meaningful contact or communication with what could possibly be an intelligent being. I've tried asking yes/no questions with a certain side of the bed being assigned a corresponding yes or no response and have often been excited to feel footsteps moving opposite side of the bed or an increase in pressure on the side i can already feel it on. Mixed thoughts on whether the responses are intellectually based or random movements, but there is definitely movement after a question is posed. I dont feel threatened most times, but this hovering over me without any other communicative attempts is creepy and confusing. I wonder if we all may be sharing a similar thread, ie; age, general location, increased stress, spiritual affiliation or likely medical sleep disorder that could cause such a bizarre shared experience in so many seemingly unrelated people.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I feel movement in my bed. After laying in bed for a few minutes it feels like someone gently gets in bed beside me. There is then slight movement like someone is slowly shifting in the bed. When I turn toward where the movement is occuring, it stops. Has anyone had this happen? Any explanation as to what is happening?
a reply to: Hijinx

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I had similar experience to the point that I wouldn't sleep in the bed but on the couch to get a good nights rest. In the end I realized that sometimes my heart would jolt to a lower beat cycle and my muscles would spasm as a result which felt when I was half asleep as something foreign moving the bed. Because I was concerned, my senses became much more alert of a night, to the point that I could feel the bed shaking from my heart beat. After realization I just relaxed about it and slowly any sensation of bed movement, dissipated.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I had a similar experience a month ago but this one was rather powerful one it made my bed jump a bit i felt as it was like an earthquake was not a pleasant experience.
I usual sleep with the lights turned and the bed shakes usual do happen but not as often as they did once in the past.

Last week i touched my bed and i felt my bed shake it almost felt like a heartbeat. Gives me the impression i need to change my bed or open it to see whats causing this.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I had this many times my cat had to be put down in 88/89 and for weeks after I used to feel her on my feet at night I was around 13 at the time. Even the cat before her was hanging around when I was 6-7 she was old and got put down and I used to chase the fleeting glimpses out of the corner of my eye trying to find her but obviously never did.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Same thing here.... happened in a house where I used to live, both in the master bedroom upstairs and the guest bedroom downstairs.

I have three cats and sometimes I would feel one jump on the bed and walk across it....but when you looked... no cat...nothing.

I finally asked my wife if she had ever felt it... her reply was...OMG you have been feeling that too?

My mom stayed with us a few weeks and stayed downstairs... she made the comment that she swore she thought one of the cats was jumping on the bed and walking around, but there were no cats on the bed.

It was one of those weird things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join