It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Poorest president’ donates 90% of his salary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

‘Poorest president’ donates 90% of his salary

News.yahoo.com

The 77-year-old recently admitted to the Spanish newspaper El Mundo that he donates almost all of his presidential salary, making him the poorest, or, as Univision pointed out, most generous president, in the world.
El presidente explained he receives $12,500 a month but keeps only $1,250. The public servant told the newspaper, "I do fine with that amount; I have to do fine because there are many Uruguayans who live with much less."
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Way to go Mr. President. This is how you set up an example to the people.

The NWO doesn't affect South America as much as the rest of the world, and that is something to be pointed out. A president which gives away most of his salary simple cannot be corrupt, if he truly understands there is no use for having more money than what he actually needs. it takes an evolved understanding to stop accumulating and start sharing.

If the article is legit and there's no agenda behind it, it should really inspire some of our incompetent "free market" leaders. Like Terence Mckenna said, in our society "We are led by the least among us - the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary.", and hence the outcome of what's going on in our culture.

Leading from example:

Leading by example:

Peace everyone.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I would have a lot of respect for our prime minister if he made such a gesture. Considering he's a multi millionaire anyway. Just goes to show.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Couldn't agree more. It just goes to show the panic in our society that there is not enough for everyone, while the opposite is the truth.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Funnily enough, I was reading about this bloke the other day. I really admire him. If more of the people in power did this, the world would be a much more pleasant place.

S&F for posting such a great story.

Rev

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
thanks for share'ing this story. Put abit of faith back to humanity.
S&F

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That's a Real MAN right there.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nice to see something like this on ATS for a change.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

The world definitely needs more leaders like this one. It wouldn't hurt to have a few CEOs who were like minded as well.

F&S for the OP!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Even if he is a millionaire, still donating his presidential salary like that is pretty awesome.
Grim

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Juxtapose that story with Obama!
Odumbass has, on the Tax-payer dime mind you, had the most lavish dinner parties with his celebrity friends and sends his family on vacation like... what!? Every month??? AND Odumbass still collects his salary.

But remember folks... he REALLY is for the middle class and the little people!

Actions speak louder than words. This post proves that!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Brilliant! s/f

If only.....ah, well. If only George Carlin weren't spot on, as usual.

Like I said in a recent thread: "If Romney had said he would empty his personal off-shore accounts immediately and put them directly toward the debt of the USA, and said that he would see to it that EVERY JOB HE HAS OUTSOURCED (whether directly or indirectly) IS RETURNED TO AMERICA, I'd have voted for him."

But, I'm told that would be idiotic and absolutely stupid.
In my mind, it would be leadership by example. Amends need to be made, all across the board. You took advantage, and you got rich. Now, pay the fiddler. It won't hurt you to do so!!

Viva Espana!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That's awesome. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That is a nice president and this part gets me the most "El presidente explained he receives $12,500 a month but keeps only $1,250. The public servant told the newspaper, "I do fine with that amount" That last bit is what seems to really drive it home.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The former premier of Newfoundland (Danny Williams) gave all of his salary to charity. He's a self-made millionaire that ran for provincial government and the way he put it was that he had already made his money so why would he need more. These are the type of leaders I can respect.
edit on 14-11-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

As I become more and more cynical with every passing day, this bit of news warms my heart. Good to see there are some leaders out there who aren't in it for themselves.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Being Wealthy is a crime
This is basically what I'm going to do with my life. Try to set up income that flows back into society.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Superb, A fellow human in a position to potentially take advantage and they chose instead to give back

Perhaps this wise and Generous man knows wealth can't always be measured in dollars?

Thank you for sharing

xD
edit on 14-11-2012 by HumanoidX because: tiny letters

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I watched this vid of him the other week....

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I was just going to post that.

It's awesome to see something like this. That's the type of person that I would like to see more of in politics, the ones that aren't in it to line their pockets

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join