It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto war memorial defaced in ‘hate crime’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

"Canada will burn, praise Allah"

www.torontosun.com

TORONTO - A vandal defaced a west-end war memorial shortly after Remembrance Day ceremonies wrapped on Sunday.

“Canada will burn praise Allah," was written with permanent marker across the monument in Coronation Park, near Lake Shore Blvd. W and Strachan Ave., Toronto Police said.

Cops were alerted to the damage by a passerby.

Mayor Rob Ford said he was sickened by the news of the war memorial being defaced.

"It really, really bothers me," Ford said at City Hall on Monday.

"For someone to stoop to that level … people have sacrificed their lives for us to be here. It
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon Nov 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit to use source title

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Absolutely despicable. It seems that Islamic extremists that committed such atrocities as burning poppies in the UK recently in defiance of Remembrance Day have now reared their ugly heads in Canada.

If these cowardly individuals are apprehended by police, I hope they are dealt with as terrorists as opposed to simply being charged with vandalism.

In my opinion, immigrants that move to western countries with no respect for the values that cultivated the very freedom that they exploit deserve to be deported, no questions asked.

www.torontosun.com

edit on 12-11-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Do we know who did this?

How do you know it was a Muslim extremist?

Let your bias and the media cause you to jump to be conclusions. Many of these "hate crimes" are usually done by a different group trying to cause friction.

For all we know it could have been some drunk kids like the ones in Ottawa a few years ago.

ETA:

I hope they catch who did this but they should not be tried as terrorists as you mentioned, they should be charged with vandalism and perhaps a hate related crime.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This act screams of rebellious teenager or ironic 20-something, not an Islamic extremist. But we can rest assured that it will be spun as the latter.

So silly.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i just dont think that was a muslim

to put burn...and praise allah...in the same sentance
shows either ignorance or...as i fear it could be...an obvious attempt to implicate. isolate and create hate

peace

+9 more 
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Good circumstantial evidence suggests that they who use Allah are Muslims. Oh look, muslims can't even be guilty even if they seem most likely group and sign their alliance, so say the apologists.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   
Despicable behaviour.

Keep in perspective that not all Muslims believe in this kind of message or defacement. I'm not jumping to conclusions that Al Qaida is here waiting to attack.

link   
Was probably done by a zionist to incite hatred
they always do that and they have been caught many times

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Do we know who did this?

Let your bias and the media cause you to jump to be conclusions. Many of these "hate crimes" are usually done by a different group trying to cause friction.

For all we know it could have been some drunk kids like the ones in Ottawa a few years ago.

Hmmm, let me see, how many religious groups refer to God as Allah?

I know you're a renowned Islamic extremist apologist, but give me a break.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you would resort to laying the blame on other groups "trying to cause friction".

You could choose to believe whatever you want champ, but I think the answer is quite obvious.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Of course it was...

I'm glad you are are outwardly revealing the extent of your bias. It says a lot about your credibility. Then again, you have to keep up your image around here, right?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Interesting how people are so quick to blame anyone but a Muslim.

link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Absolutely despicable. It seems that Islamic extremists that committed such atrocities as burning poppies in the UK recently in defiance of Remembrance Day have now reared their ugly heads in Canada.

If these cowardly individuals are apprehended by police, I hope they are dealt with as terrorists as opposed to simply being charged with vandalism.

In my opinion, immigrants that move to western countries with no respect for the values that cultivated the very freedom that they exploit deserve to be deported, no questions asked.

www.torontosun.com

you have no proof that it was done by "immigrants"

you like pushing propaganda around don't ya?

link   
Bring it!

Many have tried...Many have died.

Canada is stronger than you think.

Peace

link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

I tend to think an Islamic extremist is someone who straps a bomb to themselves and blows up a shopping mall.. Not some public nuisance who has most likely been given citizenship in the very country he is offending.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Do we know who did this?

Hmmm, let me see, how many religious groups refer to God as Allah?

I know you're a renowned Islamic extremist apologist, but give me a break.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you would resort to laying the blame on other groups "trying to cause friction".

You could choose to believe whatever you want champ, but I think the answer is quite obvious.

Once again you are jumping to unverified conclusions. I asked a simple question, do we know who did this? The answer is no. I t could have been a Muslim, but there are plenty of people who hoax these kinds of things. By the way I am not a Muslim or an apologist, and please don't act like these things aren't hoaxed all the time because they do.

You say the answer is quite obvious without a shred of evidence. I haven't exactly said that it wasn't a Muslim that defaced the monument as it could have been, we just don't know. But you are letting your bias against "Islamics" lead you to unjust conclusions without a proper investigation.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Really .... who attacks Canada ..

If you mess with Canada you mess with the United States. Hopefully, drone strikes are picked up, so they know who is really going to burn .. wait .. vaporize.
edit on 12-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Even if it was done by a Muslim that one person is not a fair representation or sample of an entire faith or people.

link   

www.torontosun.com

It's vandalism, it might be incredibly offensive to some, but there is not law other than that of vandalism to treat these people "like terrorists".

I wish people would get some perspective here! We live in democratic nations where we have laws to live by. We don't need trial by public opinion. We don't need people being treated like mass murderers because they scribble on something.

Yes, it's offensive, but as I said in another thread on the whole poppy issue, we cannot arbitrarily create laws to appease the public outrage as and when it suits! If that is the case, would you accept people being locked up for expressing an opinion on ATS that enough don't agree with? Would you think it's okay to imprison a racist for ten years because there was enough public outrage about it?

Law doesn't work that way, thankfully! I think people need to grow up, stop being so reactionary, and understand that people died in those wars so that we would be free and have a society based on justice - not mob rule!

link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Despicable behaviour.

Keep in perspective that not all Muslims believe in this kind of message or defacement. I'm not jumping to conclusions that Al Qaida is here waiting to attack.

I agree that not all Muslims support that despicable message. I have friends and colleagues that are Muslims.

I'm referring to the extremists that have no respect for our culture.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

OR

Muslims pretending to be Zionists pretending to be Muslims pretending to be Zionists pretending to be Muslim so people would think it was the Zionist trying to blame Muslims.....

Could happen.

And many here would believe it too......

edit on 12-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join