It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Kerry get french & german troops in Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Kerry has said that if he is president he will built a true coalition of the willing. Im not a Bush supporter , but how is Kerry going to convince France,Russia and Germany to send a tokin force to Iraq ?
It seems pretty far fecthed to me that Kerry will be able to change the minds of leaders who want nothing to do with Iraq.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That is simple...he will not. France , Germany, and Russia do not have the resources to commit troops to Iraq, furthermore; they all had numerous contracts with the former government--concerning OIL.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is only a ploy, they will never join it. There is no way they can , it admitts defeat? Kerry is FOS if he thinks he can.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
There are other countries in the world. Kerry has never said he would get those 3 countries to send troops. He said he'd actually attempt to convince other nations to help side by side with us in order to stabalize Iraq. The idea being that both Europe and Asia have a stake in iraq becoming a secure nation. The risks of it falling into even more chaos than it's in now would hurt oil production even more. China for example as their oil imports are growing every day. If a hostile rogue flimsy govn't takes shape there harboring malicious groups then the whole region falls into question. His plan is to pose possibilities like this with other nations, show them that they arn't going to be pawns of the US, they'll be side by side with us and most importantly that a stable iraq is in their best interests. If they actually feel like it's important to them they'll send more than 50 non combat soldiers like morst of the countries in our grand coalition right now.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Open up the Halliburton contracts to other countries, if they send troops. That's what I would do.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Open up the Halliburton contracts to other countries, if they send troops. That's what I would do.

Giving countries that didnt take part in the war the chance to rebuilt Iraq would speed up the rebuliting process and give those countries a reason to send troops to Iraq of course Bush went against common sense and didnt do this. Still there must be plently of rebuilding left that hasnt been contracted out alreadly.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's unfortunate, France and Germany has already stated that even if Kerry were elected, they won't send troops in. Kerry is all talk and Rhetoric. He has no substance and the simple facts are we do have a coalition now. Does Kerry really believe that France or Germany would send their vast militaries in? He complains that we have 90% of the burden with 90% of the casualties. This will not change even with France or Germany. three French soliders carrying a white flag does not count as being a coalition partner.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter.. Need I say more??? The whole world respects the man and his first duty once Kerry is elected is to visit Germany and France. In fact both have agreed to talk with him about this very topic already. The republicans can say what they want but they don't have Carter in their corner, a man the whole world respects.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is more to joining the effort than sending troops you know..

Giving countries that didnt take part in the war the chance to rebuilt Iraq would speed up the rebuliting process and give those countries a reason to send troops to Iraq of course Bush went against common sense and didnt do this. Still there must be plently of rebuilding left that hasnt been contracted out alreadly.

Bing Bing Bing!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A kerry win will not necessarily get France and Germany to send troops, but he can get diplomatic support.

Dominique Moisi, deputy director of the French Institute for International Relations states:

"Words do matter. Style does matter," Moisi said. "Bush's style has unnecessarily antagonized France and the rest of the world. Kerry's style would be much more acceptable."

Portions of the rest of the article:

While a Kerry victory would meet with public approval across Europe, it would not necessarily make life easier for European leaders, according to Olivier Roy, an expert on political Islam who lives in France.

"If Bush is re-elected, OK, we know he's not going to ask us for anything," Roy said. "But if Kerry wins, he will ask, and we will have to deliver - not in Iraq, but in Afghanistan, in Iran. A Kerry victory will be more costly for France."

kansascity.com

Bush's wonderful style of words has insulted countries. Kerry is a leader that can bring countries together.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

There are only 2 other companies in the world that offer the same service as Halliburton. So you want to give the contracts to the other two?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How about America gets its arse out of Iraq, gain the UN support to send peace keepers, let them elect a real president/prime minister and stop meddling in middle east affairs.

How would Americans feel if China started setting up bases in Mexico?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Kerry speaks fluent French. All he has to do is go to France, and give a speech in French. Do you think they will be able to turn him down? Watch Kerry do it.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
It's unfortunate, France and Germany has already stated that even if Kerry were elected, they won't send troops in. Kerry is all talk and Rhetoric. He has no substance and the simple facts are we do have a coalition now. Does Kerry really believe that France or Germany would send their vast militaries in? He complains that we have 90% of the burden with 90% of the casualties. This will not change even with France or Germany. three French soliders carrying a white flag does not count as being a coalition partner.

but seriously - how many troops from France and Germany are we really talking here? If I were looking for a real coalition - I'd be holding talks with the only other nation in the world that needs oil more than the US...and troops to spare....China

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
three French soliders carrying a white flag does not count as being a coalition partner.

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Unfortunately, it's also very true. After the inspector that is investigation the "Food for Bribes" program releases the list of those who profited from the illegal oil vouchers doled out by Saddam, there will be great shame heaped upon some of those countries who refused to do the right thing and join the coalition. I think there may even be a few leadership changes in Eastern Europe....and at the UN as well....

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

Bush's wonderful style of words has insulted countries. Kerry is a leader that can bring countries together.

Ahhh yes....the "great communicator" Kerry. Let's see...

"The coalition of the coerced"

"The coalition of the bribed"

Called the Iraqi Prime Minister a liar....

Yup...that's the way to "bring countries together"....

Yeah....right.....

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
if Kerry want's France, Germany, Russia etc to help out in Iraq he should change Iraq into a UN controlled matter, and admit that America and the UK (I know there are other countries in Iraq as well) need help to stem the tide of extremists and rebuild Iraq

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

There are only 2 other companies in the world that offer the same service as Halliburton. So you want to give the contracts to the other two?

I think you misunderstood. Instead of one company doing everything, have multiple companies. One to serve food, one for laundry, one for the showers, etc. The countries could even cover their own needs. French companies feed the French, German companies wash the Germans clothes, etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I think you misunderstood. Instead of one company doing everything, have multiple companies. One to serve food, one for laundry, one for the showers, etc. The countries could even cover their own needs. French companies feed the French, German companies wash the Germans clothes, etc.

Now there's a common sense idea

A good none greedy capitalist method.... if there is such a thing

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If we are talking about France and Germany like was stated before It just wont happen. They have both been very clear that even if Kerry is elected they would not send troops.

Any leader that did would commit political suicide in their respective countries. The people of those countries dont want to send troops.

I doubt Kerry will able to keep the allies we already have let alone make new ones the way he is treating them. If I was Poland I would pull out the second Kerry got into office.

As for UN troops
You want to see a mess wait till the UN gets its hands on it. A few hundred Mercs have proven more effective then thousands of UN troops while only costing a fraction of the price. UN troops in control I would say civil war within a month or two.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join