It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just saw this and I did a search, I can't find anyone talking about it on ATS.
If so, please shred.

Can this work?
Will this work?

If so, wow, right?

LINK

Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.

As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."

edit on 10-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can it work?

Can you breathe in space without a containment suit?

+4 more 
link   
reply to post by DrGod

This is the "real" America: If you don't like diversity, throw everything down and resign. If necessary, disband the US altogether

Those dumbos don't even know how UN-AMERICAN they actually are....hilarious since this country was founded based on diversity, free speech, free opinion etc... And then they cite the founding fathers...what a disgrace...

link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Yeah, for a little bit.
But not for long I guess

link   
Not a chance. But it might get a bit of publicity for the Conservatives in the that region. And will make the petitioner, Michael E Slidell a bit more locally famous I'd imagine.

According to the Google he's a restaurant owner.

However... No. There are federal laws to prevent secession from the Union.

~Heff

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Seeing as they consume a whole lot of federal funds, well good luck to them.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

They still need 20K signatures to the petition.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

That's what I was just about to say.

Let them go.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Who's behind this petition?

It just looks like something any disgruntled person could post. They only have around 4,000 signatures. I don't see this gathering any steam.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by DrGod

Who's behind this petition?

It just looks like something any disgruntled person could post. They only have around 4,000 signatures. I don't see this gathering any steam.

Fair enough but how long do they have?
I wonder if there is a deadline.
If not, they could easily fill up the signatures.

And then what, they go to court? Or war?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

LOL!

It looks like they have until Dec 7th to gather 25,000 signatures. Then I suppose it goes to ballot? Or legislative vote?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You do realize anyone can start a Petetion.

I might Start a Petition where everyone will have to Walk Backwards.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Cool.
Looks like Mardi Gras is going to get even better.
I hope they bring back the brothels and stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The population of Louisiana was 4,574,836 at the last census. 25,000 people would represent less than 1% of the voters in that state.

Restaurant Spartacus might want to Google the name "Custer" because he's a bit outnumbered.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes, it can -- Louisana - can tariff the Mississipi (one of the largest trading cooridors in the world. it has a very large seafood industry, it has tons of petrolium processing factories,. Salt, Tabasco, gators and rice.... so, it is strategically located. and produce more food than they consume.... so yea, they could do it and so could Texas.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i hate this seperatist BS

buy an island in asia...

tut tut

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
dbl post

should really say something....

The chicken and the egg are laying in bed...... The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a satisfied smile on its face while the egg is frowning and looking slightly annoyed.
The egg mutters ...."Well I guess that answers that riddle".

hehe

edit on 10-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

It looks like a petition by some random people. That will never work. If it was signed by the Governor or Attorney General, then I would sit up and take notice! This is nothing.

And the answer is, NO, the Federal Govt would never allow a peaceful secession, they've proven that. We are no longer a Republic of States.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Just curious. You are saying that laws passed by the Federal Government are higher then the Constitution upon which that very same Federal Government is based? For those laws to be legal would require a Constitutional Amendment? I find it very enlightening that so many people say the Constitution is outdated and must be ignored when it was set up with a means to keep it current. Changing the Constitution with an Amendment may be hard but it was made that way for a reason.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

I am saying that the Constitution itself prevents the concept of secession.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join