It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Obama done for the Middle Class?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Obama has simply destroyed the Middle Class.

POVERTY UP

UNEMPLOYMENT UP

GAP BETWEEN RICH AND POOR HAS WIDENED

THE 1% HAS GOTTEN RICHER

MIDDLE CLASS INCOME DOWN

FLOODING THE MARKETS WITH CHEAP DOLLARS

Here's more:

Since Obama claims that he is the champion of the middle class, what does his record actually show? Quite simply that middle-class household incomes have declined by $4,500, while the wealth of his billionaire friends has increased.

None of those billionaire buddies has done more for the president than George Soros, a major contributor to Obama's 2008 campaign and funder of a host of liberal organizations, most importantly Moveon.org. According to Forbes magazine, Soros is the 15th-wealthiest person in America. In mid-2008, his wealth was $9 billion, but that was before the election of his protégé. By mid-2012, it had increased to $19 billion. So while the average Joe saw his family income decline by 10%, billionaires like Soros saw theirs more than double.

So while Obama campaigns as an enemy of the rich, he has done nothing to slow their accumulation of wealth. It's not the super-rich that Obama has in his sights -- it's the middle class who aspire to wealth. Under Obama's rules, they will never get there.

www.americanthinker.com...

Obama has killed the American Dream. He doesn't want you to grow into the Middle Class. He wants the Middle Class to grow in to the lower class and become more dependent on Government.

Obama has done nothing for the Middle Class while enriching the wealthiest in America.

The Stock Market is up 67.9% since Obama took office and the rich has gotten richer and the gap between the rich and the poor has increased as the Fed pumps the market with cheap dollars that many investors park overseas.

Here's more:

The destruction of the middle class has been methodical and systematic. The top 10% of earners had a median net worth of $1.19 million, or 192 times as much as the median wealth of $6,200 of those in the bottom 20% in 2010. In 2007, the top 10% had 138 times as much wealth as the bottom 20%. In 2001, it was 106 times as much. With the continued rise in the stock market, declining real wages for the middle class, and further home price declines, the gap between the top 10% and the bottom 20% has continued to widen. The level of pain being experienced by the middle class has reached an unprecedented extreme. A few data points from David Rosenberg make that clear:

Forty-six million Americans (one in seven) are on food stamps.
One in seven is unemployed or underemployed.
The percentage of those out of work defined as long-term unemployed is the highest (42%) since the Great Depression.
54% of college graduates younger than 25 are unemployed or underemployed.
47% of Americans receive some form of government assistance.

Under Obama, the Fed has run amok with funneling cheap dollars to multinational's through quantitative easing and has crushed the middle class as the rich get richer!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Another Whiny Thread dude....
Obama at least realizes Middle Class is not 250k and up.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You should really point your outrage towards the people in congress that are the ones hurting the middle class.

They are the ones that we put into office to represent our best interests, yet they cow-tow to the very people you described in the OP.

Without congress, Obama is nothing but a powerful celebrity.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If Obama is this class warfare warrior, what has he done for the Middle Class??

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Like I told you in the other thread, where you posted this garbage.

America crumbled specifically in October 2008, after 8 years of mismanagement and chop-shoppin the nation.

Obama entered his current role in Jan 2009.

Get your story straight.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but he has a refinance program for people who ended up on the ass end of the housing bubble and we took advantage of it.

Saved us $300 bucks a month. Lower interest rate and broke even on fees/escrow.

I can't speak for everyone in the middle class but - dang, $300! - my family could use that much extra each month and I don't know many who couldn't.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

We did this for our home too.

Guess we could have done it the Romney way; filed bankrupt and came back stronger but that did not feel right. I bought this house and have no issue paying that loan back.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The day after elections the market dropped , cant remember how much but it was pretty big . And I make more money now than I ever have so you must live on a different planet than me .

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

We are in the process of this ourselves they are saying we will have $400 less a month. It makes a difference.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

check this out
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You got $300 but Middle Class income fell by $4500

You got $300 while unemployment went over 8%

You got $300 while the debt increased to 16 trillion

You got $300 while the gap between the rich and the poor increased

You got $300 while the Fed flooded the markets with cheap dollars that enriched the 1%

You got $300 dollars while those on Food Stamps increased and young kids graduating from college can't find a job

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Obama just won the election

consider this for a moment.

Look where your starting. you are committing to having 4 straight years of anger, angst, etc.

Is Obama sooo important to you that every day, several times a day, you will be seeking out the most raw sewage to find and twist in order to blame for your personal issues?

As far as your ops. Its all twisted nonsense and snapshot tellings. You think this nation was a utopia the second before he took office? Look at history already.
You know what a middle class person can do now that they couldn't before? get insurance with a pre-existing condition, or not fear for their job as a soldier should he mention he is more into his/her own sex. Ask a person in the auto industry what the potus has done for them. I could go on..but why bother...pointless hate from a pointless hate website depending on keeping you angry, divided, and blind.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Obama has simply destroyed the Middle Class.

POVERTY UP

UNEMPLOYMENT UP

GAP BETWEEN RICH AND POOR HAS WIDENED

THE 1% HAS GOTTEN RICHER

MIDDLE CLASS INCOME DOWN

FLOODING THE MARKETS WITH CHEAP DOLLARS

Look I'm no Obama fan either.. but let's get real. None of the above was done by Obama. I still don't get why people believe the "President" is the be all, end all in this country.

Poverty Up: Big Banks screwing people over with sub prime lending schemes.
Unemployment Up: NAFTA, Outsourcing by private companies, etc.
Gap Between Rich and Poor: Wall Street and big banks screwing everyone accept the 1%
The 1% has gotten richer: See above
Middle Class Income Down: Again.. Wall Street and corporations squeezing everyone for an undervalued dollar
Flooding The Market with Cheap Dollars: You can blame good ol' Ben and the Fed for that one.

Again.. I'm not saying Obama is great. He's not. No politician is. But let's point fingers where they should be pointed. I'd say the very first thing this country needs is to audit the Fed. And while were at it, a very close eye should be placed on the Senate and Congress. Not a single American ever cast a vote for Harry Reid, yet this prick is making policy and stopping bills left and right. Republicans and Democrats... the whole system should be abolished. Their loyalty should be to the people.. not to a color. It's like the friggin crips and bloods on Capital Hill.

edit on 8-11-2012 by DerekJR321 because: added info

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Look I'm no Obama fan either.. but let's get real. None of the above was done by Obama. I still don't get why people believe the "President" is the be all, end all in this country.

The "President" is a huge factor.

Modern economics are governed by consumer confidence. The current partisan hackery in the US guarantees that a major portion of the population has no confidence in the future.

Obama, Romney, Bo-Bo the Clown, makes no difference.

Until the polarization in the US ends, the game continues.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Yes, all of it happened under Obama.

Just like Bush was horrible for the economy.

All of this nonsense that Obama has nothing to do with anything is just silly talk.

All of a sudden Obama gets into office and people say he's a god that walks on water and in the next breath you say he can't do anything so anything bad that happens has nothing to do with king Obama.

Give me a Break!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think bad propaganda Obama threads are cheap and lacking in good taste....i for one think this is a rant and give it a hearty thumb's down mate cheers to ya

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The middle class offers the large tax base so naturally it will be taxed into oblivion.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Yes, all of it happened under Obama.

Just like Bush was horrible for the economy.

All of this nonsense that Obama has nothing to do with anything is just silly talk.

All of a sudden Obama gets into office and people say he's a god that walks on water and in the next breath you say he can't do anything so anything bad that happens has nothing to do with king Obama.

Give me a Break!!

Ok first and foremost, when did I ever say he was a "god that walks on water". What I did say, quite clearly, is that all the points mentioned were not done only by Obama's hand. Obama doesn't have the power to say "Hey.. throw another trillion out into circulation." Obama doesn't have the power to tell big banks to manipulate Wall Street, or to foreclose on 85-year old grandma's who are a week over due on their mortgages. All politicians are scum bags. Not a single one of them give a damn about the middle class, unless its election year. To think that Obama is where the buck stops is ridiculous. The only good thing about the President is that the MAX they can mess things up is 8 years (unless they are a Bush). What do we do with these old farts on the hill who've been there for 20+ years and are lining their pockets with Corporate favors? The ones who vote against bills simply because of vengeance, or that it goes against the will of their investors?

The country is much bigger then Obama. 4 years ago were you better off? Do you think you'll be better off 4 years from now? How about 8? The # has been rolling down hill for decades and its gonna keep on rolling, no matter who sits in the Oval Office.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
this is what he's done for the middle class!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Not so.

I made a ton of money under Clinton. A lot of people I know made a ton of money under Clinton. This talk that the President has no power is just silly. Are there people who run things behind the scene, yes but that doesn't mean the President has no power.

Obama policies have contributed to the destruction of the middle class. That's exactly what he wants. When people move out of the middle class to the lower class, they're more dependent on Govt.

When Obama talked about Collective Salvation or changing and transforming America, he wasn't talking about enriching the Middle Class. The corruption of Obama is that he talks about helping the middle class when he has helped to destroy it.

He says nothing as the Fed floods his friends and donors and the 1% with cheap dollars and this crushes the middle class.

At least Romney talked against Bernanke and Quanitative easing.

In the aftermath of President Barack Obama's successful re-election bid Tuesday, market experts prepared for an accelerated push of easy Federal Reserve monetary policy.

That likely will clash against even more uncertainty in Washington as en election that produced little more than the status quo failed to resolve the burgeoning fiscal issues that threaten the U.S. economy. (Read More: Next Up for Markets? The Fiscal Cliff)

The central bank during Obama's presidency has expanded its balance sheet from about $800 billion to approaching $3 trillion, with even more growth to come as the Fed cranks up the third round of its quantitative easing debt purchasing program.

"With Obama getting re-elected it's sort of the status quo and the QE carries on," said Lee Ferridge, head of macro strategy for North America at State Street Global Markets. "The result is positive for risk generally — negative for the dollar but positive for risk. We know the extremely loose monetary policy we've been used to so far will continue."

"It might be good for Mr. Obama's friends, but it's not good for the world," widely followed investor Jim Rogers complained on CNBC in reference to the cheap-money policies of the past four years.

His strategy: "Today I'm going to short more bonds, more U.S. government bonds. I'm going to buy more commodities, both base metals and precious metals. It looks to me like money printing is going to run amok now, spending is going to run amok."

www.cnbc.com...

Obama isn't some innocent bystander and that's just silly. Obama acts like he's a hero of the middle class and he's destroying it. He's a crooked politician but people act like he walks on water so nothing that goes wrong can be his fault.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join