It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did we become a nation of 'Chicken Littles'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hi, this is just a really long rant. A catharsis.

Seriously! How long has America had both Democratic and Republican presidents? How many of those presidents have been perfect? Name me a president and I will list their faults. And do you seriously believe that the current state of American laws and regulations only came to pass in the last four years? Oh, right, when a new president is elected anything any other president did in the past is wiped from history. I understand, the deregulation of the banking industry, the war in Iraq, the current president did all that. How blind can I be.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Obama but all this doom and gloom and we are all gunna die rhetoric needs to stop. Just. Stop. I fully believe that the Republicans are out to destroy this country with just as much vigor as the Democrats. So you got your feelings hurt that 'your' guy didn't make it. I hate to tell you this, but neither candidates should have even been up for election.

You do realize that you are told who you can vote for. You do realize you DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get to pick the best man for the job. You are presented two choices and you had no say in which two choices you get. It's like going to a restaurant that boasts the finest array of desserts and then only offered vanilla ice cream or french vanilla ice cream.

And for those who can't get past everyone in America being laid off, gas going to $50 a gallon, cats and dogs living together or any other doomsday scenario, I hereby confer upon you the title of 'Trumper'.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We became Chicken Little when we elected a turkey to the White House.
All cluck. No feathers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Which turkey? There have been so many.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
All cluck. No feathers.

Roudn round, round we go. Continues circles of "wrong president, wrong party" Yet, you're voting, and you're voting for the same two partiers every term. So the chiken littles didnt arrive from the president(s) - they we're already there, so it seems it arrived from the publics inability to see the choice of illusion, which occured decades ago.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Presidents have no real power to do the things people think they can!

Power to create laws is within Congress, the president is a balance of that power as are the courts yet people are stupid YES STUPID! To believe a President can create jobs (other then the cabinet) or create laws. When in fact they only limited powers and act as a bully pulpit...

I blame modern education for not having a decent Political Science course for kids to learn about what their country really is. Most of those people don't know the United States is a Republic either!

But whatever!

edit on 8-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe the American people have been screwed long enough that they are starting to feel it.

That could be why we are 'chicken littles'. Maybe it is too late anyway. The 'sky' is around our ankles at this point.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by Nite_wing
All cluck. No feathers.

Roudn round, round we go. Continues circles of "wrong president, wrong party" Yet, you're voting, and you're voting for the same two partiers every term. So the chiken littles didnt arrive from the president(s) - they we're already there, so it seems it arrived from the publics inability to see the choice of illusion, which occured decades ago.

Perhaps you would understand my position if you read my next thread.
Libertarians, Start Building Your House.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

I think we bacame this way when Our God-Given Rights, and Constitutional Freedoms came under attack by this, and previous Government entities, Controlled by THEIR Superiors.
Since we seem to be confronted by negative consequences for trying to exercise our Rights, it has prob given us the 'Scared of EveryThing' attitude. If 'They' can just De-Criminalize our Want of a Fair, and Just Government, getting us back to our Previous 'Sense' of Freedom, I think our Attitudes will return to a Positive State.
Alas, seems to be merely A Dream ...... Syx.

new topics

top topics

join