It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Lytham St Annes, Sep 13th 2012 (with pic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A friend of mine works in a print shop and he's just had someone come in with this picture, it's not the greatest pic but thought some of you skilled ATS peeps might be able to do some enhancing of the object.

The pic was taken in Lytham St Annes (North West UK) on Thursday the 13th September at 8:16pm. I've had a browse for other sightings around this time but a google search came back with nothing.

The original pic

Zoomed version

edit on 8-11-2012 by Jimbowsk because: ETA a zoomed portion showing the object

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

is the UFO cloaking
because I'm not sure
what I should be looking @

perhaps you can circle
the object in question...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
where

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

It took me a second too but scroll the pic to the right........you'll see it it's a triangle.
To the right of the lamp post.
edit on 8-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just added a zoomed crop of the pic so it's easier to see

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It looks like a blue disposable bag blowing in the wind to me .

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like a blue disposable bag blowing in the wind to me .

I hate to admit it but I think he's right.

Now that it's zoomed in it does look like a bag or something mundane.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
i'm going with kite, shape is likely, altitude and time of day as well, and i bet that there's wind based on the flag way on the back.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A kite's definitely possible, but there doesn't seem to be anyone on the ground that the kite is attached to!

Also, looking at the pic on my phone you can see a slight trail coming from the object, but it's hard to spot lookin at the pic on a monitor - hence why I was hoping someone could do some sort of enhancements to see if it shows up. I'd do it, but the only photo editing i'm good at is sticking my friends faces on daft pictures

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Just ran it through photoshop and there does not apear to be any wires or any other things attached to it. Also there seems to be a much lighter part of its "belly"

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So this friend just took a copy of someones personal picture and made it public?
edit on 8-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The guy that brought the pic in wanted someone to analyse it for him apparently as he's no good with computers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk

The guy that brought the pic in wanted someone to analyse it for him apparently as he's no good with computers.

So by analyze he meant put it on the internet for strangers to look at? When he could have sent it to newspapers etc instead. Sounds a bit fishy to me lol

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

So by analyze he meant put it on the internet for strangers to look at? When he could have sent it to newspapers etc instead. Sounds a bit fishy to me lol

Um, no, he meant by putting it on a UFO website such as this for people who know what they're doing and to take a closer look at it. Why would he send it to newspapers if for all he knows it's just a kite/bag blowing in the wind, hence why he wanted further scrutiny of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Because that's the sort of thing that printing shops do right? They run a free picture analyzing publicity service that includes distributing photographs to various UFO websites on behalf of other people. So then he chose you for this job.

No offense but Its not sounding any less fishy at this point in time

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

They do when they're friends of the owner of the shop. I didn't think I'd have to describe this level of detail seeing as all I posted was a picture asking people if they could enhance it to see if it brought anything to light.

Thanks for the helpful feedback though.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

They do when they're friends of the owner of the shop. I didn't think I'd have to describe this level of detail seeing as all I posted was a picture asking people if they could enhance it to see if it brought anything to light.

Thanks for the helpful feedback though.

Any time
, when someone asks for analysis of a sighting and presents a back story, that has to be looked into as well as its often the weakest link. Forgive me for thinking its strange but know if i walked into a printing shop and asked them to analyze a photograph for me and distribute it on the internet looking for answers like this they would just look at me funny and explain that they just make prints.

So this friend of a friend has entrusted you with the job of trying to distribute and collect credible analysis by asking for help at UFO websites. So what other websites has this been distributed to for 'analysis' and what have they said or are we the lucky first to see this?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

My friend runs a small local print shop.
Someone he knows came in with a picture on a memory stick.
He shows the owner (my friend) the pic and asks if he could enhance it in any way.
My friend (the print shop owner) knows I'm an active member of this website.
Therefore he thought I would be a good person to pass this on to the ATS fellows for proper scrutiny.

That clear things up? That's all the back story I have. So either help out like the decent ATS folks do (and have done for the past 7 years I've been an active member here), or don't bother trying to derail this thread any further and refrain from posting any more waste-of-time accusations or questions.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

At no point have i attempted to derail this thread, im just attempting to make sense of the story you have presented to us.

I on the other hand find it strange how this person has now switched from just being 'someone who came into the shop' showing something to someone who worked there to a friend of the manager who is asking a favor in the analysis and distribution of a suspected UFO image.

I think you are getting rather defensive.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It looks like it could be a kite.

Based on the wind direction the flags show, it could be this shadowy figure flying the kite.

<<   2 >>

join