It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Riot Over Obama Reelection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

A disturbance broke out on the University of Mississippi's campus early Wednesday, after students angry at the reelection of president Barack Obama took to the streets to vent their displeasure.

WMCTV reports that students interacted initially on social media, which resulted in 300-400 young people participating in the disturbance.

Pictures posted on Twitter showed people burning Obama campaign signs. The Clarion Ledger reports that some students were heard shouting racial epithets about Obama and African Americans in general.

Police were called to the scene and the crowd broke up around 12:30 a.m. It's unclear exactly who was there to protest and who came outside to watch.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is just sort of ironic since Fox/Breibart ran a fear campaign preaching that black people would riot if Obama lost. I have a feeling that this event won't be mentioned on their networks.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

I am confused at how you obtained "Republicans Riot".....or are you projecting to fit your world-view?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Use the search bar. This happened election night and has already been covered.

The media covered it from the moment it began. You're wrong about that one

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

This is a riot?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
That isn't a riot. It looks like a "protest", what is wrong with protesting and burning a few signs? Where are the broken shop windows? the over turned, burning cars? the masked hooligans? Doesn't look like a riot at all imo.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense

This is because the poster is trying to incite and invoke. It is punk-ass'd kids. Same as if punk-ass'd kids found a reason if Romney won. I only take issue that the poster labeled. ATS (for the most part) thrives in the partisan aspects of American politics.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Oh yea they were all over "it". They are beside themselves with grief that america didnt burn with hostle protests that night. And this is all they got.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Logarock because: y

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

This is because the poster is trying to incite and invoke. It is punk-ass'd kids. Same as if punk-ass'd kids found a reason if Romney won. I only take issue that the poster labeled. ATS (for the most part) thrives in the partisan aspects of American politics.

You realize the OP didn't label it a riot right? That it was the Huffington Post, the liberal rag of note that called it a riot; and that it's a rule here on ATS that when posing a news story you use the article headline and not your own.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

And?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

He's getting all uppity at the poster, the wrong target for his indignation about partisan tripe.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ha,
They call that a riot...people walking in small to medium groups walking across a cross walk chanting? The first image showing a few people burning a Obama sign...this is not a riot this is people leaving the poll results upset but to me none of these pictures resemble a riot...we should be so lucky that riots would look like this from this point foward..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by Logarock

He's getting all uppity at the poster, the wrong target for his indignation about partisan tripe.

Your use of pronouns is generous. I am not "all uppity". It is a point to be made. Since we are in the U.S. Political Madness forum and not any of the "news" forums, the use of article titles is not concrete.

ETA: The poster didn't mimic or repeat Huffington Post's title. "University Of Mississippi Students 'Riot' Over Obama Reelection " Do you see "Republicans" there? You want to take back what you said eNumbra with all your indignation?

But while we are at it.

Posters will not post items that are known to be "false, misleading, or inaccurate". Check, check and check. It isn't a "riot", it is misleading and inaccurate.

edit on 8-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Meh, as someone who wasn't p!ssed about Obama winning, I'm gonna say that they have just as much of a right to protest as the Occupy group does. It's not like either of them are going to get off their collective lazy butts and get anything done anyway. I do have to wonder just how many people who protest or support their right to do so b!tch*d and whined about the Occupy group though...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Protests against Bush were common place when he was president. Why do you think it's different now?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If this was Occupy Wallstreet burning something, the cries of lazy communist loving entitled kids would be endless. The same pictures would be repeatedly showed in multiple threads to emphasize the un-American behavior of the protesters.

Personally, I don't condone destruction of property by any group. They don't own the signs they are burning and therefore in my opinion should be charged with at least vandalism. As should any group destroying property they don't own.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
If this was Occupy Wallstreet burning something, the cries of lazy communist loving entitled kids would be endless. The same pictures would be repeatedly showed in multiple threads to emphasize the un-American behavior of the protesters.

Personally, I don't condone destruction of property by any group. They don't own the signs they are burning and therefore in my opinion should be charged with at least vandalism. As should any group destroying property they don't own.

How you do you know the don't own the signs? I am with you 100% on the destruction of private property that isn't their own, but if they own the signs, they can burn them all they want....

To your post, it depends on where they obtained the signs. If they stole them or took them from someone, I am with you on this. If they themselves bought them or were in possession, than it is all within their right to burn them, trample them, spit on them, etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

This is a riot?

My thoughts exactly.

Many Americans seem to be unable to recognize what a riot is and what a protest is. The same happens on both sides though, it has to be said.

Here we have a left-leaning individual claiming that this is a riot, when it clearly isn't. But we regularly had right-wing members claiming that Occupy protests and marches were riots too, when they most definitely were not.

In both cases, all we had is a bunch of people with signs giving their opinion and exercising their right to protest. I don't see what the big deal is.

You all have the right to protest, and as long as it's peaceful there should be no reason for anyone to complain. Let the radicals on the right have their little feet stomping fit, it doesn't hurt anyone and they are just expressing their opinion.

Oh, and edited to add - I am a proud liberal. If I were American and chose to vote I would have voted for Obama. I support the Occupy movement too.
edit on 8-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The article has Riot in quotes. It's meant to be snarky in regards to paranoid wing nuts predictions that blacks would riot if Obama lost.

This definitely wasn't a riot, just some young people blowing off steam... they should probably do so without using the N word (oops I played the race card)... that mentality is after all, a big contributor to why they lost (damn, did it again).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Republicans Riot Over Obama Reelection

To see old white men with bellies riot would be a funny sight. But I doubt it...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Mississippi.. well, that's expected.

2nd line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join