It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Fish / Bird Death Finally Explained ? Crustacean PARASITES !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Remember these pictures ? (these crustaceans parasites could be the cause)

I took this video at the beach in Freeport, Texas, in 2009. The fish we caught had this creature wiggling around it its mouth. At first, I thought it was the fish's tongue, but I looked it up when I got home because it was just so weird.

In fact, it is not a FISH TONGUE but a Cymothoa exigua, a small parasitic crustacean. This creature enters through the fish's gills, latches on to the base of the tongue, and slowly feeds by sucking the host's blood until the tongue atrophies and falls off. The parasite then replaces the fish's tongue by attaching its own body to the muscles of the tongue stub. This is the only case in nature where a parasite replaces a host organ.

Apparently water in certain area is infected with some creepy bugs that kills the fishs
and eat their tongues then lay many larva inside
that eventualy kill the fish after eating it from the inside
taking a ride with the mother parasite after replacing the tongue
like the pilot seat to control the fish
when the fish dies .. all the mature parasites go in the water searching for more fish to infect ..
each infected fish contains hundreds of larvas .. then its another cycle, they enter by the gills
and it mature inside the fish laying hundreds of larva

Fish eat tiny parasite or penetrate by gills
then birds eat fish .. it can affect the entire food chain

This would explain the mass fish death happening in many places and also the bird dead
imagine a storm that could push all those things to infect humans

There is a movie that explain and show what could potential happen to humans
is it true or a bit exagerated ? :

From wiki :

From Wikipedia: This parasite enters fish through the gills, and then attaches itself at the base of the fish's tongue. It extracts blood through the claws on its front, causing the tongue to atrophy from lack of blood. The parasite then replaces the fish's tongue by attaching its own body to the muscles of the tongue stub. The fish is able to use the parasite just like a normal tongue. Once C. exigua replaces the tongue, some feed on the host's blood and many others feed on fish mucus.

The fish is a Moi, which is a Hawaiian delicacy. This one was found in the waters off Kapalua, Maui.

Interesting parasite I removed from the gills of a perch I caught in the Chesapeake. I believe it is in the family Cymothoidae and is a parasitic crustacean.

Another vid in spanish:

for your sake STAY OUT OF THE WATER
dont take any chances ..

Where could these things come from ..i though it was an hoax at first
those crustaceans are millions of yrs old .. probably traped in undersea rivers or in ice
just need an earthquake to crack the door wide open for them
they are extremely adaptable and very tough sob .. can survive anywhere
edit on 11/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
yuuuuuuuuuuuuk!
lets hope they don't morph together & become the new alien from the alien movie

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
yuuuuuuuuuuuuk!
lets hope they don't morph together & become the new alien from the alien movie

no more Red Lobster for me

and be carefull that unsafe water is filtered and boiled before you drink
because you dont want that small thing to enter in your mouth
and replace your own tongue after sucking it dry

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I remember hearing about them in a National Geographic show earlier this year about bizarre natural things.

This was one of them, and it was served like this:

" Imagine going to a local market, purchasing a fresh and expensive fish, only to find this * Zooms in on one of the parasites* in the fishes mouth "

I distinctly remember thinking it was bizzare and first time i had seen the parasite, however, i was not under the impression that this is new? I thought it was just a fairly rare parasite, that can sometime be found in caught fish.

What gave you the impression this is a new phenomenon ?

Namaste

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Since the massive fish kill .. been happening since 2010
a massive storm could move in those things in the water
the larva at first are so tiny that it apparently make blisters when it touch human skin
then infect the pores .. (skin flesh decease ?)

Found some weird video that someone did

creepy has hell if one day you wake up with no more tongue
never seen that before happening to fish
maybe if we could examine all the dead fish we would have an answer in the mouth

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Very interesting and kind of creepy.

However, this does not explain the similar amount of bird deaths also witnessed.

Also, it would make sense that fish would become infected with this parasite at different rates, thus die at different rates, not die all at once.

So, while interesting, to me this does not explain the multitude of mass fish, bird or mammal deaths we have seen over the past couple of years.

Let's keep up the investigation!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yes i know there has been massive animal deaths since 2010,

However, im quite sure, these things were found on fish before 2010.

What im asking, is how you and/or why you connected Cymothoa exigua ( a species which existed well before 2010) to the Animal Deaths? When Cymothoa exigua has been present in our eco system for millions of years without causing animals deaths.

I cant find the actuall date of its discovery, but in the 80's it was a known species:
"R. C. Brusca & M. R. Gilligan (1983). Tongue replacement in a marine fish (Lutjanus guttatus) by a parasitic isopod"

Not trying to disagree with your OP, just trying to find out how you made the connections you did.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Okay, that is going to kill my seafood appetite for awhile. That is pretty disturbing to see. There is a series on Animal Planet called 'The Monsters Inside Me' and alot of people ingest parasites that almost destroy them.

I can see how that would explain the mass fish deaths, but what about the birds? Something else is going on here...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Since the massive fish kill .. been happening since 2010
a massive storm could move in those things in the water
the larva at first are so tiny that it apparently make blisters when it touch human skin
then infect the pores .. (skin flesh decease ?)

Do you remember what else happened in 2010? The Gulf oil spill!

Looking at the photo's it reminds me of the creature in Alien, doesn't it?

edit on 7-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I saw the movie the bay it is dumb. Its like a "lost footage" movie..

In the end they kill them all off with get this CHLORINE!!!

So obviously since chlorine kills them, chlorinated drinking water would be safe to drink.

In the movie these crustaceans "multiply" from larvae to full size (small dog) in 8 hours
from get this steroidal chicken crap being dumped into the Chesapeake bay.

edit on 7-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Birds swallow most fish .. those crustacean are really though sob's
it then infect the bird who ate infected fish
it would explain why they are all messed up having some hemoragy
the birds like the fishs dies after a few days i think
lose their focus to fly and drop down like a rock
then cats and dogs eating those fish and birds could also get infected
or any animals coming in contact with them (especially if they ingest it)

reply to post by WiseThinker

Watch the movie "The Bay" for that
i know its hard to believe at first but im pretty sure that im right on this
people need to be warned about those nasty crustacean
near the end of the parasite cycle is when the tongue goes missing
after that it doesnt take long before the fish of the bird dies
they are like mini vampires

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

grr spoiler alert .. thanks you for ruining the end of the movie
didnt even finish it yet lol

i think this is true .. because there is many people that did catch those little parasite
before the fish dies

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Birds swallow most fish .. those crustacean are really though sob's
it then infect the bird who ate infected fish
it would explain why they are all messed up having some hemoragy
the birds like the fishs dies after a few days i think
lose their focus to fly and drop down like a rock
then cats and dogs eating those fish and birds could also get infected
or any animals coming in contact with them (especially if they ingest it)

Yes, I understand what is meant by a food chain. However think about it, with these mass bird and fish deaths people have seen hundreds of birds die simultaneously over a small area, or tens of thousands of fish likewise. In any kind of infection or with any kind of parasite people/animals die at different rates, think of plague, malaria, anthrax etc. With any sickness it's at different rates. When it's some kind of poisonous chemical then you see masses of organisms dying all at once - think toxic gas or liquid leak, like Bhopal India.

edit on 7-11-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That movie is one of the movies that have scared the crap out of me. It seems like a totally realistic scenario, they did a great job on it. It's not really a gorefest or anything, some gore. Not like most "horror movies", that are just expensive special effect gore shots and boob shots, with a cheap filler plot tossed in between

edit on Wed, 07 Nov 2012 07:54:33 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Interesting. I did some reading about these little guys curiously while I was researching for a "xenomorph alien paint scheme"
the relation was the "living tongue" I guess...

Btw... the last video is italian not spanish

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

grr spoiler alert .. thanks you for ruining the end of the movie
didnt even finish it yet lol

i think this is true .. because there is many people that did catch those little parasite
before the fish dies

They killed them with chlorine and people were dying from drinking
chlorinated water... Does not make sense. Chlorine kills them so drinking tap water
would not get you infected.. Swimming in the ocean could or diving but not drinking tap water.
Which in the movie, this one girl only drank one glass of tap water and died..
edit on 7-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Interesting. I did some reading about these little guys curiously while I was researching for a "xenomorph alien paint scheme"

oups lol
thanks for the correction !

those things can apparently grow up to 2 foot
could it be those huge shrimp that eats everything ?
i have read that someone had a farm of those shrimp
and a storm release all the buggers in the gulf
i think that the coreexit was meant to kill them .. the oil spill was maybe a cover up
in reality they were hoping to kill all those parasites .. it would explain a lot

Mature Parasite ? .. enormous and creepy

you mean COREEXIT !

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
In the first video, the mass fish die off in ozark ark. was in fresh water, it could not
of been the crustacean parasite because those live in salt water, and found in salt water fish..

Not freshwater, there is no correlation.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

oups lol
thanks for the correction !

those things can apparently grow up to 2 foot
could it be those huge shrimp that eats everything ?
i have read that someone had a farm of those shrimp
and a storm release all the buggers in the gulf
i think that the coreexit was meant to kill them .. the oil spill was maybe a cover up
in reality they were hoping to kill all those parasites .. it would explain a lot

Mature Parasite ? .. enormous and creepy

you mean COREEXIT !

Ben those things are some type of invasive japanese shrimp, let me get the name of them.
They are invasive because they eat the other what we would call good eating shrimp. How they are invading
the gulf waters is the more mystery.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ok heres this.

Giant Asian tiger prawn invade Gulf waters

Shrimping season opened Monday off Louisiana and fishermen can't get over what they're now finding in their nets. Some say the coastline is under invasion. The giant invaders are valuable, but may be destroying the Gulf ecosystem.

From Texas to North Carolina, fishermen have been catching giant shrimp, big enough to stretch across a 12-inch dinner plate.

Shrimp captain James Mason has fished Louisiana's coast for 44 years.

But he had never caught one of these until last April, when he netted seven in one month.

"I didn't know what to think," Mason said. "We dumped the net and that popped out on top and I said, 'My god what a big old shrimp.'"

Mason has sold a few for top dollar.

"That's the most expensive shrimp I've ever sold in my life," he said. "Eight dollars apiece."

If Mason could sell every shrimp for eight bucks he wouldn't be shrimping for very long

"No, you could retire real quick, real quick," he said.

The Asian tiger prawn, native to the western Pacific, is edible but worrisome -- an invasive species in waters off the southeastern United States.

The U.S. Geological Survey says they may have escaped from Caribbean aqua-culture farms, or from the water tanks of passing ships.

The first few were spotted in 2005, but between 2010 and 2011, the number caught off the Gulf and Atlantic coasts spiked from 32 to 569.

Kim Chauvin, a fourth-generation seafood wholesaler, weighed one that was three-quarters of a pound.

The size is astounding, but the arrival of the creatures gives even a seafood seller pause.

"That's the worrisome part," Chauvin said, "because you're wondering what the feeding part is. You're going, 'Wow, how much does it eat in one day?'"

Asian tiger prawns have voracious appetites, and feed on crabs, mollusks and smaller shrimp. They reproduce at three times the rate of native Gulf shrimp. Each female can produce 1.5 million eggs a year.

Chauvin and some marine ecologists worry that they could eat through native habitats.

"It's the unknown, the fear of the unknown. Cause in our industry you need to know what's going on all the time just for the ecosystem," Chauvin said.

Fishermen have collected another 50 Asian tiger prawn caught this year for federal researchers to study. They're all trying to decide whether these giant shrimp are a new threat, or a new market.

www.cbsnews.com...
I stand corrected they are worth a lot of money.....
Maybe the put these guys in their on purpose..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join