It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all live in a big... Pyramid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
We all know that pyramid schemes are illegal in most countries, correct? Right. How about the pyramid scheme we all take part in on an everyday basis?!

As a reminder, a pyramid is a structure in which you have a large base which, as it grows taller, reduces to a tip.

If you picture this structure and translate it to most everything around us, things might make more sense.

Corporations:

Base of this pyramid are the low-skilled workers which grows into supervisors, managers, senior managers to end with a CEO who's at the top of the pyramid.

Government:

Base of this pyramid are the paid and unpaid political supporters of a party which grows into different levels of political representatives to get to the top of the pyramid represented by the President.

Non-government organizations:

Base of this pyramid are the paid and unpaid volunteers/workers which grows into levels of management to end up with a general manager or administrator.

Movie studio production:

Base of this pyramid are the paid/unpaid helpers and grows to actors, producers, screenwriter and finishes with the director of the movie.

Military:

Base of this pyramid are the 'regular' soldiers, it grows in rank and shrinks down to a general.

Bank:

Base of this pyramid are the tellers, it grows again in rank and 'responsibility' to end up with a head of the bank.

Religion:

Base of this pyramid are the church-goers, priests follow suit and grow to end with the pope as the head of the pyramid.

With this notion in mind, does the pyramid on the dollar bill make more sense? For those who do not understand the concept, since everything around us has been built in a pyramid structure... how can we provoke "change" if we continue in the same pattern.

It is easy for a powerful, read wealthy, elite to set-up this giant pyramid scheme and have only a few 'all seeing eyes' to worry about per sector (government, religion, corporations, banks, etc...). Don't forget that people are groomed to become obedient the higher up in the pyramid they wish to grow. To do so, they have to put in more effort/time and soul crunching.

Any structure in which one person oversees the actions of thousands (corporate) or even millions (government) of people cannot be called a democracy. The false perception we have to live in a democracy is just that, false. A real democracy would be one where every single individual would have a way to voice his or her opinion without being subject to having to choose one individual to 'represent' them as representation in itself means that you are functioning at reduced mental/legal faculties.

Voting for one or another political candidate, understanding this structure, is really pointless as not only are we supporting a 'legal' pyramid scheme but we are also supporting to be represented which indicates our lack of understanding of the word representation.

Does this make sense?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

We all know that pyramid schemes are illegal in most countries, correct?

no. why illegal ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Simply put " Chain of Command" Everyone below is answerable to the one at the top. It is much the same in the animal kingdom, with the alpha male usually being the dominant one.
There is probably no more organised creature than the bee, whose hive simply exists to support the dominant one at the top "The Queen".
So yes you are correct. Makes you think that we may have the most workable system unfortunately in the hands of a tyranical group who's only purpose is to subjugate and control our every action.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Mind extrapolating a bit, what is your question exactly?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

why are "pyramid schemes" illegal ? i don't get it. what pyramid schemes are you talking about, that are illegal ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'd like to see all that in a pyramid style graphic. I feel it would present your idea in a more easily understandable and accurate manner. Plus it would make your thread really "pop".

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i dont know about living in one but there sure as hell is one on top of us! we have been holding it up for years
OUR $$$ OUR PLANET!

SOO out numbered!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I agree with you and pardon my lack of talent in the drawing area haha, but here goes:

Now the bill:

edit on 5-11-2012 by UFCG2012AFHS because: Pyramids not Triangles as pointed out by another user.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
i see triangles not pyramids. this society is screwed. pray for solar flare direct hit and a asteroid blast back to hell.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

Hahaha, my bad! I totally didn't realize I had put triangles and not pyramids. My bad! I'm on no sleep which 'kind of' allows my DUH moment

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Great post. I wonder if it would be better if we had "good" people at the tops of these pyramids... But then, would having that power change that person? Something about absolute power...corrupts absolutely. I think that's how it goes. Could it be that humans cannot handle power?

Think about the power you have, no matter how small... Do you ever abuse it? I wish i could go on, but my android is so laggish lately, especially with typing... Like 2mins of thought takes 20 mins or more to type. I hate it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

why are "pyramid schemes" illegal ? i don't get it. what pyramid schemes are you talking about, that are illegal ?

I don't get it either OP _javascript:icon('
')

Have you mistaken Ponzi scheme with Pyramid if not why are Pyramid schemes illegal?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Perhaps OP means chain of command, and yes a physical chain can also be illegal if used as a weapon
However this is not relevant, neither is a pyramid being illegal, neither is destruction of said groups effective leadership models. I do agree however that in government this chain needs to be inverted so the needs of the masses are fairly represented by those higher up the chain rather than the greed of the few dictating said masses. This is what a fair government should be.
edit on 7-11-2012 by killerworm51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Only a dumb ass can't understand the concept of pyramid.
IT'S A PONZI SCHEME!
THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS A PONZI SCHEME!
Bravo to the original poster.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well let me tell you. I don't understand all to much of this, but the only pyramid i plan to live by is the food pyramid

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You only just now figured out about hierarchy??

Is this really news worthy? I mean if people find this information mind blowing then what will they think of things that are NOT blatantly obvious??

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I like what you point out by the pyramid structures of society. But I dare to question your definition of 'democracy'.
Most western countries live in a in-direct democracy, where you pick people te vote for the laws in your place, you give them a mandate.
Even in the ancient hellinistic world (athens,greece) some people at the top would createthe laws. All the men could cheer for the law they would favour.. In modern times that would be impossible, so that's why we have the in-direct structure. But is is still a democracy... The demos(thepeople) have the power (in a way)...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Goedhardt

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Most I am sure know about the pyramids we build today. The ones laid out in streets such as Washington and San Francisco. The structures you are describing are basically the same in these cities.

The reason I joined this site was to bring peoples attention to a very well laid out pyramid in Stratford Ontario. It shows the structure of society in that city - complete with it's own Sphinx at the top in the form of a building dedicated to ROMEo and Juliet. No typo back there for Romeo.

Type in Stratford Ontario map in Google and as you zoom in a triangle with a corner missing will appear. Since the pyramid is laying down and is intended to be standing as a normal pyramid; we can see clearly that the designers knew what they were doing when they named the streets Downie and Erie for the light and dark side of the pyramid since sun rises in the east casting a shadow.

The dark side contains thinks like the welfare offices, jail, thrift stores, hospital etc. The light side contains all the bright shops and candy stores that every Queen Pharaoh would need.

The pyramid itself contains from the top down:

City Hall
Courts / Police
University
etc ..

To drive home the fact that it is indeed a modern day Pyramid - there is even a little shop called "Eye Talk"

Go have a look ... It's a creepy place!

top topics

join