It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law Officially Declared in Parts of New Jersey.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I SAID, "there are pictures from the NIGHT of the storm," do you not know what happens when a house gets knocked off its' foundation? There is no martial law there...but I guess that's a good a conspiracy as any other!
It's obvious you are not from this part of the country nor the state, or you wouldn't say what you did. I do not have to defend why people are being dealt with this way, for it's plain to see why as I posted enough links to give a clear enough message. I'll (tongue-in-cheek) assume that YOU would be one of the intelligent ones who would stay behind!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by jude11

Every time the words "martial law" are mentioned everyone on ATS starts going mad.....have you ever considered that martial law might be a good thing? Especially in this scenario, where looters are filing the streets and the rule of law has slipped.

Jesus man. You've lost your head.

"Have you ever considered that martial law might be a good thing?"

They did a number on you, real good. I never thought I'd see those words in a sentence on ATS, but I guess there's a first time for everything. Why is martial law the solution? Is there no other way to maintain a sense of order without shooting at civilians? Have you ever considered that an alternative might be worthy of thought?

This isn't the 90s anymore. Martial Law in 2012 is a very, very volatile situation, especially for a nation which has been on edge since 2001. There is nothing good about martial law being declared, not at this stage of american presidential politics and not at such a height of social tension. If troops start shooting at citizens for any reason whatsoever - you're in for one hell of a ride my friend, and the chaos of a natural disaster will be the least of your worries

Be careful what you wish for brother

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

These are two shots of the gas fires that were burning the night of the storm

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So they were burning the next day and non-stop until the gas main was shut off?
Where is this?
You'd see that for miles day or night, then huh?

Why would you have to force evacuations from homeowners then, if this was the case?
Can you post daytime pics also?
Looters traipsing around in that?
That's why they needed to have the alleged Martial Law declared to keep people out of dozens of those
kinds of fires with potential for more with a spark?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You're very welcome!
This is and HAS been standard operating procedure here along the shore following storm flooding..and gas leaks are one of many reasons people were made to leave. The roads are impassable with wires, pieces of what were once houses, boats and other assorted items strewn all over. The sewerage system collapsed also. There's sand as high as six feet on roads. No one is looting because they were made to leave. There are many businesses, hotels, motels, average homes as well as multi-million dolllar homes on the barrier islands which include Seaside Heights, and I'm sure that is one reason as to keep undesirables away from such a vulnerable area. The picture was taken at Normandy beach which is next to Seaside Heights. Please stop trying to minimalize the reality and magnitude of this disaster, as authorities in this case are doing what is in the best interests of everyone.
edit on 5-11-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)
When can I check on my house? (as of Monday, November 5th 2:30 pm)
The Jersey Shore · 16,657 like this24 minutes ago · ..From Toms River Township:

Mayor Kelaher and Chief Mastronardy attended a meeting this morning with the NJ Department of Transportation, Lavallette, Brick and Seaside Heights authorities. The DOT has declared that the roadways on the barrier island North of Seaside Heights are unsafe. They have found over 22 sink holes some being as much as 8 feet deep. The DOT is aggressively attempting to stabilize the situation. The pending Nor'Easter is of great concern and it is unsure how it may affect their progress. This situation will directly impact the development of any type of public access to the Island.

Until the DOT gives us permission, we can't allow access onto the barrier island. No timetable has been set. The most up to date information will be posted on our website.

Ortley Beach is known as Ground Zero. This area was affected by the storm more than the neighboring towns.

Disaster Assistance Available from FEMA

Well...I think I would understand a tad.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

You're very welcome!
This is and HAS been standard operating procedure here along the shore following storm flooding..and gas leaks are one of many reasons people were made to leave. The roads are impassable with wires, pieces of what were once houses, boats and other assorted items strewn all over. The sewerage system collapsed also. There's sand as high as six feet on roads. No one is looting because they were made to leave. There are many businesses, hotels, motels, average homes as well as multi-million dolllar homes on the barrier islands which include Seaside Heights, and I'm sure that is one reason as to keep undesirables away from such a vulnerable area. The picture was taken at Normandy beach which is next to Seaside Heights. Please stop trying to minimalize the reality and magnitude of this disaster, as authorities in this case are doing what is in the best interests of everyone.

I am not trying to minimalize anything. There are either fires burning at Normandy Beach or there aren't.
Can people see fires over there from the mainland? In the daytime?
The most unreasonable assertion is this business about sand being 6 feet high over the road ways!
That's like ignorant Al Roker. Talking about the sand all over the roads at Pleasant Point. Then I happened to come across a post by a native who said the roads were always sand and never have been paved where he was!!
This may be the case where you are talking about for all I know and so it's no surprise if there is 6ft of sand (and more), on some of them.

You are not going to see the type of damage you are seeing from an alleged Tropical Storm, alleged Hurricane which TWC could not even be sure when or if it had come ashore because they were having a hard time finding the eye! If you watched it last Monday. So no eye, no eyewall. No strongly formed eyewall, no storm surge.
No storm surge, then you have to determine where did all the water that rose up AWAY from beaches and down streets like a tsunami and cut new drainage channels to the ocean and bay.
I think from all I am reading that there was a large aquaduct or water mains that burst in strategic locations.

Just read the addition to your post about the 22 sinkholes 8 feet deep. Again, this is in keeping with my thinking about the source.
edit on 5-11-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This may be the case where you are talking about for all I know and so it's no surprise if there is 6ft of sand (and more), on some of them.

You are not going to see the type of damage you are seeing from an alleged Tropical Storm, alleged Hurricane which TWC could not even be sure when or if it had come ashore because they were having a hard time finding the eye! If you watched it last Monday. So no eye, no eyewall. No strongly formed eyewall, no storm surge.
No storm surge, then you have to determine where did all the water that rose up AWAY from beaches and down streets like a tsunami and cut new drainage channels to the ocean and bay.
I think from all I am reading that there was a large aquaduct or water mains that burst in strategic locations.

signature:
I only use cursives.

I would like to believe you jest, but maybe, just maybe you are for real? Do you need a conspiracy THAT badly? By the way what part of this planet do you live on?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

Nope, it's just that if there were ever this situation where I live and I was given 5 minutes to collect my belongings and leave for what would be 8 months or longer...
If I had read from several locals that the water and flooding came not from the ocean but from the pipes underneath the streets well ahead of the storm, that the media characterized as "superstorm"...
And if that storm was a bit unusual in that it was supposedly covering a wide swath of area yet only pockets within received severe damage even if both areas were the same distance from the alleged source: the ocean.
You see that sort of thing with true tropical storms and hurricanes in the south because of tornadoes that drop down out of them.
There were no tornadoes associated with the storm. Only their proximity to certain water mains seems to have made the difference in whether or not an area was severely damaged or was completely unscathed.

No, I don't have to have a conspiracy in this. I just think there is one.
I think there is something that has been sold as being caused by a storm that wasn't.

Now, I've said all I want to say about this for now.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is strange if it is true, they never declared martial law after Katrina, i wonder what makes this so different that it deserves such a serious military reaction?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

And if that storm was a bit unusual in that it was supposedly covering a wide swath of area yet only pockets within received severe damage even if both areas were the same distance from the alleged source: the ocean.
You see that sort of thing with true tropical storms and hurricanes in the south because of tornadoes that drop down out of them.
There were no tornadoes associated with the storm. Only their proximity to certain water mains seems to have made the difference in whether or not an area was severely damaged or was completely unscathed.

No, I don't have to have a conspiracy in this. I just think there is one.
I think there is something that has been sold as being caused by a storm that wasn't.

Now, I've said all I want to say about this for now.

I do not care if you respond or not...I believe your tired of your own blather!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Salem Nuclear Power Plant, could this be the reason for Martial Law as a precaution, it is far away from the effected area (i think), but does anyone know (i can't find anything on this) if Japan declared martial law after the tsunami?

And i don't think this is a good thing at all if true, main reason......

"The state of emergency can be abused by being invoked, for example, to allow a state to suppress internal opposition without having to respect human rights. An example was the August 1991 attempted coup in the Soviet Union (USSR) where the coup leaders invoked a state of emergency; the failure of the coup led to the dissolution of the Soviet Union."

Also very convenient for the military to be at the ocean, easy drop off access anyone?
edit on 5-11-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I do not believe this for 1 reason.

Katrina was much.... much worse. And everyone thought that would be the precursor to Bush being "the one"

edit on 5-11-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I know plenty of people that live in seaside and this title is pure sensationalism. There isn't "martial law" they aren't "taking your guns" etc etc....

This is on a very narrow island. Yes they aren't allowing people over. The two bridges into the area have been severely damaged. There are multiple natural gas fires, houses are On the verge of collapse and the roads are impassable. It's not safe to be there and there is very little left anyway and yes some people have been looting.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I heard that a few times now........

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This thread is still going eh?
I love how no matter what those of us that are in Jersey say...we don't know what we're talking about. My beach house is down in LBI, If you've had to use google at any point to learn about geographical areas in Jersey, you're out of your lane. THERE IS NO MARTIAL LAW IMPOSED IN SEASIDE.

And PaperbackWriter , you have no idea what you're talking about.

edit on 6-11-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
I love how no matter what those of us that are in Jersey say...we don't know what we're talking about. My beach house is down in LBI, If you've had to use google at any point to learn about geographical areas in Jersey, you're out of your lane. THERE IS NO MARTIAL LAW IMPOSED IN SEASIDE.

No martial law eh, who is releasing all this damn bs then? who are they trying to scare, weird i say WEIRD!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

No martial law eh, who is releasing all this damn bs then? who are they trying to scare, weird i say WEIRD!!!

Ignorant people that don't understand what Martial Law is and people less intelligent than they are that parrot it. The same people that were screaming "Seal Team 6" killed Bin Laden, Seal team six was dissolved in the 80's and replaced by NavSpecWarDevGru.

The thing that is scary to me is how willing people are to argue over something that they have no 1st hand knowledge of because they saw a story online.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I live in New Jersey and my family has a shore house in the Tuckerton area. Ive been down there several times to help with the clean up and have had to deal with the National Guard. All I can say from my experience is that the guardsmen were not searching cars or doing anything crazy. At first they kept everyone out of the area until the water receded to a safe height for people to drive in. Once the water had receded they simply required proof of residency in order for you to get into the area.

There is looting going on, which is why the National Guard is still there among other reasons, such as keeping the roads clear for PSE&G workers. I havent heard of anyone being shot but there have been several arrests. Most of the incidents I have heard about took place on Long Beach Island. There is only one bridge onto the island and the National Guard isn't letting anyone but clean up crews and rescue workers on to the island. Looters have been using boats to go into the back bay and lagoon areas and tying up to private docks before breaking into homes and stealing whatever they can.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sage advice.
Good song.

All too often we rail against one another when we should be joining together.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Ignorant people that don't understand what Martial Law is and people less intelligent than they are that parrot it. The same people that were screaming "Seal Team 6" killed Bin Laden, Seal team six was dissolved in the 80's and replaced by NavSpecWarDevGru.

The thing that is scary to me is how willing people are to argue over something that they have no 1st hand knowledge of because they saw a story online.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

Agreed, make the lie big enough it becomes true for most people, i am just wondering what is the point of scaring people like that, so many links even in google search that keep saying martial law was declared in that region, weird to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join