It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deeep Thoughts by Those Under the Influence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by britelite1971

Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

I hate boot camp and I don't even know why our Father sends us here....I mean I know but only our really boring and cranky sisters and brothers think they know why but they really don't....really! Also....not to confuse religious with spiritual.

We're sent here to learn my dear...

edit on 3-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I know but learning so so sucks! Ok....the "ready to perish"part is a little scary!
By the way, you once sent me a video link of a mother cat cuddling her kitten....and I have never forgotten that! Very touching!

edit on 3-11-2012 by britelite1971 because: typo

Yes i remember that

Glad you enjoyed it...

What "ready to perish" part?

Sounds like you're either reading the OT or listening to Christian's...

Life is eternal, there is nothing to fear but fear itself...

Pardon the cliché

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by LiveForever8
If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed-up.

My wife likes getting totally sh**fa&ed, but that has nothing to do with booze. (Delete)

In response to this and your previous post....plz plz plz tell your wife not to worry.....I already have a grumpy old man.....
.....this is just all in good fun.
And....as you do not meet people from the internet....neither do I.
BECAUSE....we both know how completely lucky we are to have such wonderful people in our lives that are very very VERY hard to find! And because we both know that our spouses are VERY VERY lucky to have someone who loves them and keeps them completely WORN OUT with physical love because I'm sure your wife knows as I do that we need to keep our husbands completely tired and satisfied in Every aspect of life because if we don't......someone else might be willing to fill in the blanks for us....AND WE DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.....because we KNOW how absolutely adorable and attractive our husbands are and we Never EVER EVER would want to share them!
Have a great night my friend.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

someone else might be willing to fill in the blanks for us....AND WE DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.....because we KNOW how absolutely adorable and attractive our husbands are and we Never EVER EVER would want to share them!

Well, that blows my hopes of a menage a trois. Thanks. Thanks a LOT!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nevermind the perish part. Anyway.....I swear I read the "a little wine is good for the soul" part......perhaps I somehow selective memoried that part. I don't know...doesn't really matter as I suppose we all need a little selective memory now and then.
Anyway you really did touch me deeply with the cat mommy/kitten video because most of the time men just do not seem to like cats. I like all pets/animals because they are loving and innocent in a way that most of us humans have lost. Often times women stay in touch with this side of themselves because they are more in touch with their emotions, but men who are somewhat required to stay less in touch with their emotions, cannot see these things in the way that we do. Even though you seem to be the normal kind of "rough and tough" guy, I sense that you are actually very sweet and sensitive. No need to deny....noone is reading this thread anyway...
Namste my friend.....
Or really....honestly...I'm not sure I even know what "Namaste" means or if if really matters. I will put this in my own words.....I SEE YOU.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

someone else might be willing to fill in the blanks for us....AND WE DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.....because we KNOW how absolutely adorable and attractive our husbands are and we Never EVER EVER would want to share them!

Well, that blows my hopes of a menage a trois. Thanks. Thanks a LOT!

Well.....I hate to further disenfranchise you (in the words of a politician :lol
but menage a trois's are really not as sexy as they would seem. You see....most women who are straight and most lesbians who sleep with women who are straight are not interested in including men. The straight women do not want to share their man....and the lesbians do not want to share their women......and both of them do not look like Pamela Anderson....just saying.
You are probably just better off to pay for that payperview.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Excellent idea for a thread! Unfortunately for me its a rare sober weekend, hopefully its still going next saturday night lol

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You're sweet hun thank you...

Unfortunatly this is the place where i can be that "sensitive" person... in the real world i have walls... Being sensitive is seen as a weakness to other males.... And women arn't attracted to that side of said person until they get to know who he really is.

Its a side i rarely if ever show, only because i've learned from showing it in the past, and it never leads to anything good.

Believe me i am nothing like most guys, but i do come off as a typical guy in person for the most part. Im cocky, yet never rude. Confident, cold... very blunt... but its just an act really...

Most of my friends consider me a "know it all"... and i get that here as well, but in both cases im good with it.

Look up aquarius... that usuallly explains me pretty well... i was born on the first, which makes me a true aquarius... not influenced by the signs on either side.

Anyways, its nice to chat with you again...

See ya around eh

You get a flag for being a sweetheart btw

edit on 3-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Soooo funny!
Seriously, I work with some people that don't believe in anything outside of how high their paycheck is and how expensive their house is and what kind of car they drive. I have absolutely no idea how you feel about that comment......next...? Enlightment me.

I would say that's "most" people, though interestingly enough when you actually sit down and talk with "most people" one on one, you find out they are nothing like "most people".

So I've recently been asking myself who are these "most people" everyone is trying to be like towards "most people"?

It's an interesting play at play, yeah?

How ya feelin'? Tonight I'm exactly where I'm happy to be.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Very very interesting! I just read that post. I think I most often hear people ask what "Namaste" means. I already know what it means, so I am not going to ask you that. What I'm going to ask you is, what do you "feel" when you write "namaste" at the end of a post, and is it sincere?

Most of the time I "feel" nothing tangible, but there is the intangible feeling that is always there where I can see them I to I. When it happens tangibly... that's when I am reminded of the reality of the feeling behind Namaste.

I guess the only real way to judge the sincerity is via your sincere feelings towards my answer.

edit on 4-11-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: Namaste!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Firstly, thanks for the mention - I am only too happy to pass along the unintentional motivation especially when the grog is concerned.

I stick by my predictions, especially about our illustrious leader Mr Skeptic Overlord too (hehehe).

Anyway, since we are talking deeep and meaningful stuff whilst under the influence - I thought I would pass on this advice I received from my Doctor - PLEASE READ IT - IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to jiggerj whom has heeded this advice to its full extent

SPEAKING ENGLISH CAN KILL YOU - PROVEN BY MY DOCTOR

This is my doctor and this is what he told me - and he is always right - PLEASE READ

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch wh at you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Added dedication

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueNose
Excellent idea for a thread! Unfortunately for me its a rare sober weekend, hopefully its still going next saturday night lol

Or perhaps you may need to revive it.
Anyway.....you come to my party unprepared to have fun?
Next weekend I'll be the designated driver and you can have all the fun.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wow....all I have to say is.....Awwwww! You are a keeper! If I wasn't already married.......
You just admitted something that most guys won't admit, and that is very sweet and touching. You see, I'm not the typical girl either and I can usually see right through people like you. As a matter of fact, nothing would send me running faster than the sweet talking "I just met you but you are so beautiful and I love you already" kind of guy. I've always gone for the hard on the outside but soft on the inside ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

Very very interesting! I just read that post. I think I most often hear people ask what "Namaste" means. I already know what it means, so I am not going to ask you that. What I'm going to ask you is, what do you "feel" when you write "namaste" at the end of a post, and is it sincere?

Most of the time I "feel" nothing tangible, but there is the intangible feeling that is always there where I can see them I to I. When it happens tangibly... that's when I am reminded of the reality of the feeling behind Namaste.

I guess the only real way to judge the sincerity is via your sincere feelings towards my answer.

edit on 4-11-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: Namaste!

You Are quite the deep thinker!
Even in the light of the morning (or maybe it's this slight headache) it almost hurts to thinking this deeply.
However, I do think that you are most often sincere when you write Namaste....and that is my sincerest answer.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Thanks for making me laugh! That was great!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join