It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deeep Thoughts by Those Under the Influence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have to give credit where credit is due (and also my sincere apology if this thread dies a slow and painful death).
Anyway, my thanks to Sublimecraft for unintentionally planting this little idea in my head because of one of his posts in another thread.

Okay....here goes nothing. You see, it has been my experience that some of my deepest most meaningful thoughts have been during times of being a little under the influence....okay like maybe 2 glasses of wine or 3 beers or whatever. (yes I know that's pathetic but I'm petitie so that's my only excuse)

This thread is for those deeeep thoughts of anyone under the influence....any substance will do....Miller Lite...chardonnay....a sugar rush...other substances we can't mention.....noone's judging.
I have had 3 Miller Lites so I qualify.

Here are my deep thoughts: Last week someone that I work with lost their 18 year old son to a car accident. That is the kind of thing that just sort of wrings your heart out for the other person. It's also the same kind of thing that every single parent on the face of this earth lives in fear of. It's that thing where at the same time that our heart just goes out to this person that lost their child, at the same time we are just so grateful that it's not us, and so afraid that one day it will be, sympathy, empathy, fear and gratitude all combined at once! It's almost unthinkable!

It's also the kind of thing that makes me realize how short life is and that not everyone that dies is old, and that what if.....just what if one day we are going about life as we always do and then in the next instant we are gone! If life is that short.....if Nibiru really exists....if a horrible pathogen has escaped from a lab.....if nightmares really do come true....then what really is important and what things do we want to enjoy and what things do we want to say to those we love before it's too late? Deeeep thoughts.....by britelite1971.

Please share yours....and have a drink of something that will make you more uninhibited and insightful first....like beer or wine or whiskey or really sugary koolaid.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

yes I know that's pathetic but I'm petitie

My deep thought now is: Pics, or you're a 300 pound bald guy in a white thong and pink tube top. Yikes!

Maybe I need few more drinks.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You are not alone regarding accessing those depths of thoughts via whatever alternate states of awareness people choose for themselves. You also understand why the methods you raise are so highly... "regulated". Not necessarily in distribution but in perception of what is possible to see with the right mindset going in.

Best to you... and be safe.

But not TOO safe.

This was posted with a half a bottle of wine in my belly. Most of the responses were with a full bottle of wine in my belly.
Why are you *really* here?

edit on 3-11-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My last thought like that was under the influence of an unmentionable. I really enjoy this one tv show but it's been going for over ten years now and I had this random conspiratorial thought process. My thought was "Wow, what if they're running out of ideas and truly hate making this show but keep going because people like it and fans keep demanding so they have to keep going and there's no way out! And what if they're being threatened to keep it going what if they're at gunpoint just for this show! What if the creators just want it all to end? D: "

..... Yeeeaaaah...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed-up.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

My deep thought now is: Pics, or you're a 300 pound bald guy in a white thong and pink tube top. Yikes!

And all I have to say is....pics or you really are that guy from "Grumpy Old Men".
I'll get you some pics but my face doesn't get posted on the website. Sorry, I just don't really feel like getting treated like a crazy conspiracy theorist on Monday morning. I know, I know.....some people are just so narrow minded!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
And all I have to say is....pics or you really are that guy from "Grumpy Old Men".
I'll get you some pics but my face doesn't get posted on the website. Sorry, I just don't really feel like getting treated like a crazy conspiracy theorist on Monday morning. I know, I know.....some people are just so narrow minded!

Wait.. just how much and what kind of booze have you had to make it Monday morning where you are!?!?!?!

(ps. I know what you meant)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
one of my deep thoughts usually when I am faded is...why does everyone so blindly wish for happiness...what if there is more to experience than thoughts and feelings and we are selling ourselves short with pursuing happiness?Is it just because it feels good?or better?what?
some may call it depressive I like to think of it as questioning basic human instinct..don't you think its a little suspicious how everybody is so inclined for happiness and how those same people look at others who do not wish to chase down happiness as much as they do?think about it.....you may need 1 or 2 more beers to get on my level

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

You are not alone regarding accessing those depths of thoughts via whatever alternate states of awareness people choose for themselves. You also understand why the methods you raise are so highly... "regulated". Not necessarily in distribution but in perception of what is possible to see with the right mindset going in.

Best to you... and be safe.

But not TOO safe.

This was posted with a half a bottle of wine in my belly. Most of the responses were with a full bottle of wine in my belly.
Why are you *really* here?

edit on 3-11-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

Very very interesting! I just read that post. I think I most often hear people ask what "Namaste" means. I already know what it means, so I am not going to ask you that. What I'm going to ask you is, what do you "feel" when you write "namaste" at the end of a post, and is it sincere?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Forgot to mention: thanks for the "not too safe" part.
You made me smile and giggle a little.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
one of my deep thoughts usually when I am faded is...why does everyone so blindly wish for happiness...what if there is more to experience than thoughts and feelings and we are selling ourselves short with pursuing happiness?Is it just because it feels good?or better?what?
some may call it depressive I like to think of it as questioning basic human instinct..don't you think its a little suspicious how everybody is so inclined for happiness and how those same people look at others who do not wish to chase down happiness as much as they do?think about it.....you may need 1 or 2 more beers to get on my level

Hold on....gotta go try to see if I have a bottle of wine....may need something much stronger to process this...
Okay, hate to admit this but I do know what you are talking about. The truth is that we grow the most when we are enduring emotional pain or going through a really difficult time of any sort. The thing is though, that if we are truely honest with ourselves, that really really sucks! Happiness is nice because well....it Doesn't Hurt!
I always say...if when bad crap happens it will make me stronger....then I don't want to be stronger! I mean who says "oh i'm so glad I'm going through this really really bad crap cause I will be stronger for the next really bad crap to happen...yay!": No thanks.....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I agree with this... Having a few drinks brings out some deep thinking in some people...

I've had friends tell me i shouldn't drink...

I love it when i get this because i always say the same thing...

Even Jesus drank my friend...

Don't think i've ever had an arguement after i let that go...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Soooo funny!
Seriously, I work with some people that don't believe in anything outside of how high their paycheck is and how expensive their house is and what kind of car they drive. I have absolutely no idea how you feel about that comment......next...? Enlightment me.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So so true! I was trying to not mention religion because I don't want trolls of either side to descend upon this thread....but....I swear there is a verse in Proverbs that says "a little wine is good for the soul". Have you seen it...cause I think it's lost cause I can't seem to find it online....Ha! A total conspiracy of course!
Anyway, to all the really really uptight religious people I would have to say.....that I have the most sense of who I really am when I have a little wine in my belly (so to speak). It is then that I realize where I am really from and that my purpose in the big picture is not of this earth. And then I have to ask my great Father...Whhhhhyyyyyy!??....Can I go home now cause boot camp really sucks!!!!
No.....I mean seriously....I hate boot camp and I don't even know why our Father sends us here....I mean I know but only our really boring and cranky sisters and brothers think they know why but they really don't....really! Also....not to confuse religious with spiritual.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

But...but the rabbits in my yard were so cute and they said that I could take as much beta-carotene as I wanted and it.......Oh well...Bugs Bunny was so cute but he is gone now.
Who says carrotts don't get you drunk?? Have you tried it?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
My last thought like that was under the influence of an unmentionable. I really enjoy this one tv show but it's been going for over ten years now and I had this random conspiratorial thought process. My thought was "Wow, what if they're running out of ideas and truly hate making this show but keep going because people like it and fans keep demanding so they have to keep going and there's no way out! And what if they're being threatened to keep it going what if they're at gunpoint just for this show! What if the creators just want it all to end? D: "

..... Yeeeaaaah...

Sorry.....I just can't understand unless you tell me what show it is and what you are drinking.
Sorry, it's just true....plz share.
If you are under the influence of something illegal then please just make something legal up....no judgement....just that I don't want anyone to write anything illegal here and also that I don't do illegal drugs because I am too scared of getting arrested and then accosted by other chicks wearing orange jumpsuits. I'm not really sure what is scarier.....wearing an orange jumpsuit or other chicks in orange jumpsuits....just saying....
Ahem.....to all you straight guys out there....it's really not as hot as you think......no really!....I mean REALLY!!...okay nevermind....whatever!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

I hate boot camp and I don't even know why our Father sends us here....I mean I know but only our really boring and cranky sisters and brothers think they know why but they really don't....really! Also....not to confuse religious with spiritual.

We're sent here to learn my dear...

edit on 3-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'm just kiddin' darlin'. Not only do I not do pics of myself, I won't even meet anyone from the internet.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

My wife likes getting totally sh**fa&ed, but that has nothing to do with booze. (Delete)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Proverbs 31:6
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

I hate boot camp and I don't even know why our Father sends us here....I mean I know but only our really boring and cranky sisters and brothers think they know why but they really don't....really! Also....not to confuse religious with spiritual.

We're sent here to learn my dear...

edit on 3-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I know but learning so so sucks! Ok....the "ready to perish"part is a little scary!
By the way, you once sent me a video link of a mother cat cuddling her kitten....and I have never forgotten that! Very touching!

edit on 3-11-2012 by britelite1971 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join