It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police confirm explosive device removed from SkyTrain tracks Vancouver, BC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Police confirm the object removed from Vancouver’s SkyTrain tracks on Friday evening was an explosive device strapped to three empty tanks.

After a passenger spotted the suspicious item on the train tracks in Surrey Friday afternoon, police shut down a portion of the line as explosives experts removed the device.

“It’s very concerning,” Transit Police spokesperson Anne Drennan told CTV News. “We have reason to believe this might actually be a very real pipe bomb.”

LINK

Not sure yet who could be responsible for this.
Could be just some lone madman, or maybe just a diversion of some sort,...

I'll wait for the development..
edit on 2-11-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

"Empty" tanks are sometimes more explosive than full ones! This sounds like a real pipe bomb, and if it was strapped to three tanks that only contained vapor, then it could have done some SERIOUS damage.

Sounds low-tech though, so probably not any organized element, just some hoodlums or pranksters that went way too far!
edit on 2-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What is the motive? If you are going to go through all that effort to set up a pipe bomb on the Skytrain tracks then one must have a good reason. I can't figure out one. Mad about a hike in transportation fee?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

I don`t know the place, but how did they place the device there? An insider maybe?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Crazy stuff, I live 1 1/2 hrs. away from this hopefully its nothing serious and just some kids with the wrong idea.

2nd

edit on 2-11-2012 by ProspectPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2012 by ProspectPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Someone's warped sense of a Halloween prank?

Peace

new topics

top topics

join