It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NY, eyewitness & victim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Dear AT
Not sure if I am posting this correctly or not, but limited time does not allow you much thought.
New York, Coney Island Area, direct hit of Sandy, we have no water, tv or anything, light went back on last night, but we are very thankfull just for that. I want to ask everyone to mark the fact that the worst areas got no media coverage, we have 6 buildings still evacuated, due to gas leak. Not even one car survived. This place looks and smells like death. Robberies are at the highest... I have to walk for hours to get service on phone, 311, ny1 or brooklyn channel 12 are useless. I am posting this only for one reason. Please look into the fact that entire neiborhood was swimming in water, cars, buses every single business..... houses are gone... but it wasn't rain or water from ocean, the ground was cracking apart like during earthquake and water was coming out like fountain. it took < 10 minutes to fill lobbies and cars over the roof... there was NO rain, wind came after 11pm.... I can't post picture using computer of very nice strangers who let me for 10 minutes, I have video's and pictures (actually my husband does) and I will post them when (hopefully) i get everything back, if you want it directly sent, please message me your cell number and I will do it. I am here for another 10 minutes, its about 7:40pm. if you think you are actually being helped or water is being given out or that NY was prepared,,,, all LIES, BIG lies, people are robbing eaching other, fights are everywhere, people dress in Police, FEMA and Fire uniform knock on doors and destroy peoples lives to nothing..... its horrible... we have another small storm coming next week. Me and my family, lost everything, my husband lost his business, cars, houses, my kids didn't take a shower for days... all I am asking to to check please, what can possible cause the water to drastically and very fast crack the ground open and drown cars....

Thank you!
NY
sorry for spelling and grammar

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Perhaps a build up of water pressure from the storm, bursting pipes and coming out of every orifice possible

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I will u2u my phone number to you. You can send the photos to me, I will post them for you if I can. Please do NOT give my number to anyone else.

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hummm this might get interesting Have power but nothing else water coming oit of the ground?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
... but it wasn't rain or water from ocean, the ground was cracking apart like during earthquake and water was coming out like fountain. it took < 10 minutes to fill lobbies and cars over the roof... there was NO rain, wind came after 11pm....

Now that is very unusual.

I would like to know WHAT exactly would cause something like that.

Something really odd is going on if that happened as described...

edit on 2-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The OP, Rocks123 has my number, will be attempting to send a video first of water coming out of the ground. Will keep this thread posted on progress...

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I will u2u my phone number to you. You can send the photos to me, I will post them for you if I can. Please do NOT give my number to anyone else.

Des

And you know this person how?

Ever heard the phrase 'new york minute'?

Hopes you don't get on a spam list.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Des

And you know this person how?

Ever heard the phrase 'new york minute'?

Hopes you don't get on a spam list.

Folks are trying to learn about this odd occurrence and helping others to get information out.

Why do you care what someone else does anyways?

Why not "NY minute" yourself outta this thread, eh?

edit on 2-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

link   
OP, do you know what is under you? Is there sewer or old tunnels, or storm drains? Subways?

Perhaps the water was rushing in other places and bubbling up at your location? Since you still don't have water, it is likely that a water main could have burst, but I can't imagine that floating all the cars so quickly!

I'll be following this thread. Good luck to you and your family. Hang in there!

link   

Dear Rocks123,
Your spelling and grammar are fine. I am so terribly sorry for what you're going through. I hate that you say the places hit the hardest didn't get any coverage, that is not right. I feel for you right now, it hits home because of how vividly I remember Katrina hitting my area when I was younger. Please do let someone help you upload pictures, Des or whoever! Please stay strong, if you need anything let us know. I am so, so sorry for what you're experiencing. I hate to know a fellow ATSer is struggling.. Hang in there buddy..

Question regarding your post;

I am posting this only for one reason. Please look into the fact that entire neiborhood was swimming in water, cars, buses every single business..... houses are gone... but it wasn't rain or water from ocean, the ground was cracking apart like during earthquake and water was coming out like fountain. it took < 10 minutes to fill lobbies and cars over the roof... there was NO rain, wind came after 11pm....

What do you mean by this? Was the water coming from the ground? Not from rain or the ocean? Like an earthquake or something? Maybe I will understand more when I see pictures. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok, If there is water coming out of cracks in the ground enough to flood the streets then I want to see these photos. I don't want to be "that guy" and I am not doubting you but, if this is happening then we need to make this go viral and quick!

Gimme some pics so I can repost them elsewhere.
Hurricanes are one thing.
The ground opening up and flooding cars is quite another.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Adding your thread to this one as well: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My best hopes for you and yours.

In terms of where the water came from, are you sure it wasn't from the storm surge? Do you have an address someone can use to compare the geology of that location?

edit on 2-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This storm has been so devestating for so many people. It breaks my heart. I am interested in seeing the video of the water coming up from the ground.

I am so sorry that you are suffering through this, but at least you and your family are alive. HUGS!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Logic is not allowed on this thread!

It is after all,ATS it has to be something sinister! IF what the OP is saying is true then I'm sure she wasn't the only one who saw it. It surely would've been reported by now.But I'll reserve judgement till the video is posted.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've got the video from OP...yes, it's massive amounts of water all coming up at once. Am trying to upload it now from my Verizon Flix accnt. to here....

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

God keep you safe, OP.

I've had the "feeling" for a couple days that we are NOT hearing the whole story from NYC,

***JUST LIKE HAITI 2010***
***Just like Katrina*** Don't get on a "plane to nowhere", btw.
Some of us are still wondering about Civilian labor and projekt riese... call me a loony.

What NYC needs is boots on the ground, VOLUNTEER/MILITIAS etc not the UN... hint hint

P.S. any of you find it strange that Frank Miller predicted a NYC disaster in Dark Knight Returns? but because people gave of themselves and formed a community, they were able to weather the storm...
edit on 2-11-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Water tunnels and mains running underneath NY compromised ahead of the storm?

en.wikipedia.org...
www.balkanplumbing.com...

Many reports of low water pressure and water main breaks and flooding inconsistent with just a tide surge of a Cat 1/Tropical Storm.

Thanks OP!

Oh yeah. There was that snippet from Jim Cantore talking to the cop at the Staten Is Subway at Battery Park.
He said the water down there was 80 ft deep! Later he changed it to 40ft.

I understand that underground New York runs several levels below the current topside.
edit on 2-11-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have the video on my verizon wireless pictures and video messaging. Does anyone know how I can get it uploaded here. I can't seam to figure it out

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Check seismic activity for the area the time.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have the video on my verizon wireless pictures and video messaging. Does anyone know how I can get it uploaded here. I can't seam to figure it out

Des
can youtube do it from a cell phone?
i would try that, don't know others, google video ?

eek.
could send it to a news station, PP maybe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join