It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Just Another Shotgun: The SRM-1216 May Be What You're Looking For

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The SRM 1216 is a semi automatic 12 gauge shotgun with a 4 cylinder detachable rotary magazine with a capacity of 16 rounds. The magazine tubes can be marked so that one can load a particular type of ammo in one cylinder and another type in the next. You can carry multiple magazines and perform reloads extremely fast .

Shotgun designs have come a long way in the last couple of decades. Semi auto shotguns have taken a lead role in the market and with that a demand for higher capacity and reloading mechanisms like box magazines and drums. This shotgun is a logical step in this direction. The magazine makes it a more familiar and streamlined weapon with a familiar and comfortable shape many enthusiasts can appreciate.

The current MSRP on this weapon is 2000-2500 bucks. Lots of cool factor involved here. I gotta say, I dont normally care for 'cool factor', but in this case I may be willing to sell off a few weapons in my collection for one of these. Here is a link to Gibraltar Arms with more info on the weapon:

www.gibraltar-arms.com...

FPSRussia did a pretty entertaining YouTube show on this weapon. Here it is:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is that the one you can shoot one handed and even dunk in water?

I think I might have seen the FPS Russia vid on that one (can't watch the video you posted right now).

I was litterally *just* talking to a co-worker who does a part time gig in the gun dept. at Sportsman's Warehouse about shotguns.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You are probably thinking about the AA-12. That is a hell of a shotgun. I think this design offers more functionality, however. The AA-12 has a drum magazine and it is a bulky weapon. But it certainly did break the mold in terms of shotgun design and functionality offering a fully automatic action and specially designed 12ga grenades.

edit on 31-10-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'll stick with my old savage pump shotgun. Why does anyone need more than that?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I am in love. I may cry a little if that's not in my stocking this year.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Nevermind, thinking of a different gun.

I am wanting Kel Tec to make a semi auto shotgun. Their pump action is my favorite shotgun in the world, I want one really bad. Scope out their Kel Tec KSG bull pup pump action. It hold like 14 shells I believe, is small, and brilliantly designed.
edit on 31-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Kel-Tec KSG is a nice shotgun. The dual-cylinder magazine is an innovation in pump action shotguns for sure. But I have to tell ya, that 1216 is calling my name...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

I'm with you on that one but don't think I could warrant one in this country (UK).
Imagine turning up at the range for a bit of clay shooting with that
(wipes drool from mouth).
Better stick with my old Bettinsoli.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ohhh nice! Always game for new toys. Right now I have a AR-15 (hoping to get the golf ball launcher soon
) .380 (which I carry around) .45 revolver, .22. I'm still adding to the collection.I would LOVE one of these bad boys.

edit on 31-10-2012 by innervision0730 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I'm to lazy for an AR-15...I need an AK-47.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I've already started the process of purchasing one. After some extensive testing, break down, and coversations with the manufacturer I will be sure to post my results here.

This will be the weapon that takes the place of one of my handguns and both of my shotguns.
edit on 31-10-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Are you talking about the AR in my video or yours? Either case, definitely make a video especially at a range if you can and upload it on here! Maybe show a few others too. I have a shotgun but haven't tested it out yet, honestly kind of being a wuss
I even have some clay's collecting dust. By far my ultimate weapon is the AR because it's close to home with the M-16 and you can customize it for apocalypse which I plan
I try to go to the range here in town at least twice a month but my grandfather has awesome land I'm trying to convince him of letting me play a little at, safely of course.
edit on 31-10-2012 by innervision0730 because: Apparently can't spell today

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh man that shotgun brought a tear to my eye. Great concept. Love the four options you can make for yourself ammo wise. Just would suck to load one tube with deer slug and forget which one you put it in only to find out the hard way recoil wise as you go through rotating the various Various tubes. Love the versatility, and the pop up sites are great too. Kinda wanna cry that I won't be getting one for christmas either.

Gotta love FPSrussia...gotta wonder though, any body out there think maybe his accent is fake? I dunno just throwing that out there.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You must be a soldier.

I am too current active duty.

My weapon of choice I cannot have legally. I'd love to get my hands on an M249. I've qualified expert with it, same with the M240B and the M9 pistol.

But since I cant have that I will settle for badassery like the 1216.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

It is a fake accent. He's a guy from Georgia and lives in Texas.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I use to be, joined at 17 and served 4 years but didn't want reenlist. I loved it and still to this day (6 years later) I feel at home when watching anything that has to do with the military life. It's so weird I feel that way though because I don't believe in what we are fighting for but I guess it's kind of all you tend to know while in it and it becomes a big part of your life. Back to the thread, It's funny I'm a wuss to shooting the shotgun but I've used a Anti-tank launcher (which surprisingly didn't have a kick to it) and grenade launcher (which had a very big kick and was really heavy). How ironic eh?
I remember when I was qualifying at basic training with the m-16 I got a score of 37/40 which was expert because it jammed on me while in prone position.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I like the fact that it is a dedicated platform with separate magazine tubes . Spendy and sweet. Definitely gives it an edge over the X Rail. A couple of weeks back a buddy of mine was showing off his 11-87 Xrail conversion. Pack it full of #00 buck and its a heavy beast!! But I love it. I may add it my Santa list this year. $699 for the full version 22+1 rounds. Definitely cheaper than the SRM. But, Do I really need it?
(My wife will ask) I'm not a 3 gunner....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
looks like the 12-16 would be a pita to reload in a hurry, unlike a pump where you can top it off pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

Really?

It's a detachable magazine. You can just carry more mags.

It would be a rather quick process really.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I still like the Seiga

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join