It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the mole people... were they trapped when they boarded up the subway?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So I just had an interesting thought a minute ago. Do you think that the mole people under nyc got out? Were they trapped in by the boarded up subway? I know that there have been speculations on how many people live down there and many that dont come out. So seeing as plywood was used and obviously not to keep water out do you think it was to get rid of some of these peoples?

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Who are the mole people?
Fill me in

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Mole people are the homeless people who live under the city in the sewers, deserted subway areas etc.
Every where there is room to live you can think of.

You get the picture I think

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Who are the mole people?
Fill me in

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Yes I do thank you. That's what I was hoping he meant but wasn't sure! I wasn't familiar with their title. Without television or radio to warn them, I hope someone did, but where would they go? Hmm. Do they have people designated to help those be forewarned that won't be by media? That is something that makes you wonder! I hope they got to safety, somehow!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I have a feeling that they may find the remains of a few since many of those who live down there don't have contact and communications with the topside also I've heard many are actually mentally ill homeless.

So the potential for drownings was there.
edit on 30-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here is a little blurb i picked up on the web..

The Mole People: Life in the Tunnels Beneath New York City details Toth's early-90s encounters with several dozen of what she estimated at the time to be 5,000 homeless people living beneath the streets of New York, mostly in subway and railroad tunnels. Particularly large populations inhabit (or inhabited, anyway) the multilevel labyrinths beneath Grand Central and Penn stations. Many tunnel people are solitary loonies not unlike the guys you see living aboveground in cardboard boxes in any large American city. In a few cases, though--this is where it gets truly weird--sizable communities have coalesced, some allegedly numbering 200 people or more, complete with "mayors," elaborate social structures, even electricity. Toth describes one enclave deep under Grand Central with showers using hot water from a leaky steam pipe, cooking and laundry facilities, and an exercise room. The community has a teacher, a nurse, and scampering children. "Runners" return frequently to the surface to scavenge food and such, but others--the real "mole people"--routinely go for a week or more without seeing the light of day. [ex/]

www.straightdope.com...
edit on 30-10-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
yea was wondering about people and rockefella underground shrines lol

but that term "mole" people...tut tut

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Oh wow, how did I not know about them. That is intricate. They have their own little society.

Does anyone know if anyone is designated to atleast try and attempt to warn these people? Like national guard or whoever would be apt for a situation like this? Or is it kind of off-limits territory? Just wondering..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am hoping they boarded up the tunnels to prevent people going INTO them during the storm.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Doesn't look good for them mole ppl

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

What is that water? Antifreeze? Blood?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I am watching now...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Or is it even real?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am sure the subways were boarded up with plywood to keep people out. If the "mole" people wanted out and simple plywood was all that was keeping them, they could escape if they wanted to.

I dont think it was intentional to kill them off. Everyone in the city was told to evacuate.

This whole thing is very sad.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
I dont think it was intentional to kill them off.

I don't think anybody is implying that.

Everyone in the city was told to evacuate.

That's assuming that all those down below got the message to evacuate.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by k21968
I dont think it was intentional to kill them off.

I don't think anybody is implying that.

Everyone in the city was told to evacuate.

That's assuming that all those down below got the message to evacuate.

I did in fact pose the question. I doubt it was on purpose but who knows. thought I would toss in a little conspiracy for ats sake.

I dont think many leave the subway regularly but hopefully they have some that venture to the surface and let them know a storms comin

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yeah,

Yes, you did I stand corrected. For some reason I missed that angle.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Word on the storm had been sparse, Mr. Bogardus said. He found out about the transit shutdown at a store, instead of at the shelter as he expected.

fort-greene.thelocal.nytimes.com...

At least a few people, like Acevedo, have slipped through the cracks. The panhandlers who usually punctuate the stretch of Broadway between 72nd and 96th streets were nowhere to be found. No one sat on the outside benches of the 96th Street subway station. The man who usually sits outside of the 82nd street Barnes & Noble, wrapped in a blanket, was missing. No one was seen hiding in the subways, and the people using ATMs needed cash, not shelter. At the two McDonald's along that stretch, a few people sought refuge, including a tall, young man with seven brown bags. "I'm trying to take a subway eventually," he said. When he was informed the subway was closed, he said, "Well, I guess I'll just stay here."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There were many conspiracies during Katrina that people disappeared in prison not to mention locking them up in that huge building.

I believe they are capable of harming on purpose homeless and those in need during crisis's like this.

If that picture is not photoshopped why is the water red?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join