It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancestry.com: You won’t believe whom Mitt Romney is related to!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is my first original post. I have been lurking for years, joined a couple of months ago, and now I want to post something that I read the other day that I found VERY interesting.

I have read threads over the years regarding the ancestry of American Presidents. I find it amazing how most of US presidents inevitably related somewhere down their family tree. That is so crazy! It brings so much suspicion and not to mention credence to conspiracy theories involving elite cabals that have been running this country for over a century, and even further.

Anyway, I hope that I do this right.

www.deseretnews.com...

snip>

According to Ancestry.com, the worlds largest online family history resource, Romneys family tree connects him to Franklin D. Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, Franklin Pierce, Herbert Hoover, and both George H.W. and George W. Bush.

Romney is connected to Presidents George W. Bush (10th cousins, twice removed), George H. W. Bush (10th cousins, once removed) and Franklin D. Roosevelt (8th cousins, twice removed) through Ann Marbury Hutchinson, a key figure in the development of religious freedom in America and early settler of Rhode Island and New York.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i'm sure its vlad the impaler,hitler,the queen of england,ghangis khan,and george bush,and finally....
barack obama!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Somehow this does not shock me one bit. Keeping the presidency in the family allows values to trickle down to children that will soon inherit the presidency and groom them for their benefit. Sounds like hereditary monarchy guised with the mask of democracy.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

It doesn't surprise me, but I bet if you researched a couple of members on ATS you'd probably find the same sort of thing, 10th cousins twice removed.....LOL!

edit on 30-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
heres something for you!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Didnt we just go through this a few months back about Obama? He was also supposedly related to everybody and their brother once or something something twice removed etc etc etc

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wow. 10th cousins, huh?

Guess they better not go making babies.

LOL.....someone spent some time trying to make a story. Thanks for bringing it here for our entertainment.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have seen this thread before. What is interesting is that not only elected presidents but men that even run for president have bloodlines.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Wow. 10th cousins, huh?

And...twice removed at that!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
-- haha same video as reficuls' so check that one--

You've all seen that aswell? This 'politics' is so laughable when you see it is actually a huge family that controls europe, and has run america since the start. The f#%k is this 'freedom' spoken of? the democracy? haha.
edit on 30-10-2012 by P-M-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That's hardly surprising. Check the family trees of everyone of European descent, go far enough and you'll find everyone's name in there.
That's what frustrates me so much about the hype surrounding the fact that most of the presidents have King John in their ancestries. The guy lived 800 years ago. He's honestly going to show up all over the place, if anyone gets the notion to waste another mountain of time digging back on more people's family trees.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, I have some decent ancestry and I have no bloodline to any US President or hopeful.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

OK, I just looked it up. 10th cousin removed and all. I guess you are right in your sarcasm. Still, it is not the worst first post in the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Sissel

OK, I just looked it up. 10th cousin removed and all. I guess you are right in your sarcasm. Still, it is not the worst first post in the world.

Sorry, but it was sort of funny. I apologize for that.

Welcome by the way, and my first thread was pretty much a flop too if it makes you feel any better!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Wow. 10th cousins, huh?

And...twice removed at that!

Oh. Well in that case. Maybe the babies won't have tails.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Has anybody actually been to the site n checked for themselves...?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If you trace most of the Presidents of the United States back far enough, they all come from the House of Judah of Ancient Israel and the House of Joseph of Ancient Israel, according to Morman Teaching.This is due to the Eternal God's plan to gather together the scattered ten tribes of Israel with the tribes of Judah and Benjamin to once again have 12 tribes of Israel again .

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hate to sideline but what the heck does "once removed" or "twice removed" mean?

I am no genealogy expert but I did see a fascinating one on Ghengis Khan. I will have to look for the link. Apparently when you are the conqueror of most of the know world, it allows you to ...erm... get around. Lots of folks in the world have him somewhere back there.

With regards to this one, so many older important families (especially royals) are a closed loop when it comes to marriage and breeding. Not too surprising I guess the family tree in this case does not have too many limbs. Gotta keep those inheritances close.

Late edit: Never mind. Tracking now. www.genealogy.com...

Here is the thing on GK: news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 30-10-2012 by ABNARTY because: addition

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

Well, I am not in the mood to go searching, so I will take you at your word for the moment. If true, that is outright freaky.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

Its probably true. I think all of the politicians should be "discarded" so we can start over.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join