It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney just bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion, Star Wars Episode 7 announced for 2015.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This may sound a little like a doomsday for all fans of Star Wars saga, but George Lucas just sold Lucasfilms for Disney and who knows what the next movies will look like...

Disney (DIS) is buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion, adding the legendary Star Wars franchise to the entertainment giant's stable of characters. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Founder George Lucas.
The buyout ranks among one of the largest ever made by Disney. It's fourth behind the $19.7 billion, $7.6 billion and $5.2 billion buyouts of Capital Cities/ABC in 1995, Pixar in 2006 and Fox Family in 2001, respectively, says S&P Capital IQ. It tops the $3.96 billion Disney paid for Marvel in August 2009.
Disney expects to more aggressively expand the Star Wars film schedule, Disney CEO Robert Iger said in a statement. Following the release of Episode 7 in 2015, "our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years," Iger said in the statement.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 10/30/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/30/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

If you though that has been hack Lucas could milk a cow dry just you wait till you see what Disney can do.

link   

Judging by Disney's last sci flick "John Carter", the Star Wars saga is doomed!!

link   

Judging by Disney's last sci flick "John Carter", the Star Wars saga is doomed!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

If you though that has been hack Lucas could milk a cow dry just you wait till you see what Disney can do.

The only good side I see about it, is that apparently we're gonna still be here in 2015.

link   

Originally posted by SirMike

The only good side I see about it, is that apparently we're gonna still be here in 2015.

link   
Does this mean George Lucas is will no longer be directing future starwars movies? If so that can only be good news for fans...Disney should bring in Joss Whedon or Peter jackson to resurrect the franchise.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Does this mean George Lucas is will no longer be directing future starwars movies? If so that can only be good news for fans...Disney should bring in Joss Whedon or Peter jackson to resurrect the franchise.

Lucas is still a consultant, probably until he dies.

I don't know about writers and directors, but you bet we're gonna see Nicolas Cage in the next Star War movies. Probably Disney will bring him as Palpatine's bastard son.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

Lucas is still a consultant, probably until he dies.

I don't know about writers and directors, but you bet we're gonna see Nicolas Cage in the next Star War movies. Probably Disney will bring him as Palpatine's bastard son.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Very smart business acquire by Disney here, they obviously have big plans for the future of Star Wars which can only be a good thing!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
GREAT. More JarJar binks :/

FFS. I guess Lucas wasn't satisfied with obliterating the prequels, lets see what Disney/Pixar can do.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

John Carter was based on a book written in the early 1900's and the only reason it flopped was marketting failed to deliver what the movie was about. It was actually a well made movie with plenty of action, Disney just failed at informing the public about the movie that would interest people.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't see how theyre going to do an episode 7 when the end of episode 6 was THE END. Mark Hamil is an old man now, an regurgitating the same old cycle of Republic v.s. Empire and Jedi V.S. Sith is pretty stagnant. People will go to see the flashy lightsaber fights but after that it would be a pretty forgettable movie.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I don't see how theyre going to do an episode 7 when the end of episode 6 was THE END. Mark Hamil is an old man now, an regurgitating the same old cycle of Republic v.s. Empire and Jedi V.S. Sith is pretty stagnant. People will go to see the flashy lightsaber fights but after that it would be a pretty forgettable movie.

There are, literally, TONS of books written in the star wars universe, which would be absolutely perfect for films.

A great example of a follow-up to the movies would be the Heir to the Empire series.

There's no lack of material for sure.

However, I cannot help but feel violated by this aquisition and can't wait to see the newest incarnation of Jar Jar Binks played by Goofy.

I mean, they're practically the same anyhow.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

FFS. I guess Lucas wasn't satisfied with obliterating the prequels, lets see what Disney/Pixar can do.

Now Stars Wars will be impregnated with open Illuminati symbols and references, certainly a lot more occultism, and the dark side will be darker than never. I mean Lucas alone managed to embed those movies with references to the ANUNNAKI/ANAKIN, school of mysteries, alien royal bloodlines, hierophants, druids, etc. Go figure out what the satanist-pedo coorporation Disney will dump within the saga...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

Now Stars Wars will be impregnated with open Illuminati symbols and references, certainly a lot more occultism, and the dark side will be darker than never. I mean Lucas alone managed to embed those movies with references to the ANUNNAKI/ANAKIN, school of mysteries, alien royal bloodlines, hierophants, druids, etc. Go figure out what the satanist-pedo coorporation Disney will dump within the saga...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Not to mention that all great names of the saga, such as Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin died in the episode 6. Palpatine and Vader were the last Sith, but of course movie makers don't give a s**t and they won't have any problem in doing stupid things like killing and cloning Ripley.

I doubt Hamil, Carrie Fischer and Harrison Ford will show up anywhere near the studios for cameos.

But I totally can hear Nicolas Cage begging for a role in episode 7.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Not to mention that all great names of the saga, such as Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin died in the episode 6. Palpatine and Vader were the last Sith, but of course movie makers don't give a s**t and they won't have any problem in doing stupid things like killing and cloning Ripley.

I doubt Hamil, Carrie Fischer and Harrison Ford will show up anywhere near the studios for cameos.

But I totally can hear Nicolas Cage begging for a role in episode 7.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

He obviously has Alzheimer's, and should be forbidden from making his own decisions, and especially from making decisions regarding his own company.

I'm sure I will watch, but my first impression is not one of enthusiasm. I am not looking forward to seeing Star Wars Episode 7, which will probably consist of around 98% CGI.

P.S. Calm down that mousey finger.
Just click 'Reply' once. lol

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Nick Cage is trying to hold onto his career with every bit of his fingernails. He's an overall bland actor and doesn't play badasses very well. His 2 Ghost Rider movies were the armpit of Marvel's movie industry. I think the National Treasure franchise was the highlight of his career. His acting suffers from acute melancholy. A dog pissing on a tree gives more excitement in what he does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join