It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up, Buoy? (Station 51407, National Data Buoy Centre, 29 Oct 2012)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum...maybe Fragile Earth, if not here?

Just that I've been checking EQ's on the USGS, as well as National Data Buoy Centre for few months now. Just to "get to know my neighbourhood", ya know? And I was wondering if someone clever out there might be able to explain why Station 51407 is going a bit berserk (looks like it to me, but I know nothing) Station 51407
While according to USGS there's only been a M2.8 on that same spot not long ago.USGS

I've noticed this buoy being very active over past day or so.

I'm new to this, so please explain it to me like I'm a novice...and be kind

Many thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If you look at the raw data you can see the spikes are anomalies, no rise or fall between them and the adjacent readings. Data problem most likely. Not unheard of.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Had a look at real time data and it seemed all over the place, so maybe just anomalies.

Thanks Phage
edit on 29-10-2012 by 3Dplus because: satellite delay between brain and fingers

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

Thanks a bunch for bringing this to my intention and you raise some good points. I'm going to grab some popcorn and read along while I finish up some paperwork. The USGS and other sites have had some contradicting information over the last while.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nice one, Rabbi...let me know if you find anything interesting.
I'm keeping an eye on this one for a short while. Not 'dissing Phage's explanation, but that's how I learn, by keeping my eyes on stuff for a while

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
A bit more searchin, and I realise there is also a volcano on that island. Nothing much interesting, it's only on Orange aviation level atm.

top topics

join