It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 'Sandy' Being Used/Created as a Distraction to Set a False Flag?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
the msm and gov. are sure hyping this up.

Any bad weather gets hyped when it hits the north east. Heck, if it reaches 90 degrees for two days in the north east, it's a national news story. If this storm was hitting Texas, it would get a fraction of the news coverage.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, I've been getting the feeling as well, and I haven't been back on the site for very long. The way they are embellishing this and saying that it's 'a very bad storm', 'a historical storm', and overly emphasizing those facts just put up a red flag.

Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but I'm keeping an eye out.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Transitarian
Well, I've been getting the feeling as well, and I haven't been back on the site for very long. The way they are embellishing this and saying that it's 'a very bad storm', 'a historical storm', and overly emphasizing those facts just put up a red flag.

Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but I'm keeping an eye out.

They're saying those things because its true. This is not a drizzle of rain and a passing breeze, its a nasty bit of weather that people need to at least attempt to get away from.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Oh I know, which is why I was helping my workplace and the surrounding areas prepare. I was already done, so in that sense I helped bring food in for those who may be trapped, water, gas for generators, etc. I don't have the luxury of leaving everything behind, so I have windows boarded up, food stocked, and a few beds set up for people who are staying with me.

In no way, shape, or form did I say this storm was tiny, we haven't been hit hard enough for it to be more than a random bout of wind, but I am on call 24/7 during this storm, as our Fire Dept hasn't slept. It just seems, in my opinion, that they are over-emphasizing this.

Of course, it is understandable, being that many didn't take Irene as seriously. This hurricane is far stronger than Irene, they don't want it to be an 'Oh we've been through this it's not going to be that bad.' It's just the way and the tone they are saying it that makes me suspicious. They're not embellishing however, it just doesn't seem that all attention is being diverted to this single storm.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Transitarian

I believe, if the gov't is going to pull something, it's going to be financial in nature. Whether it's gold that's not in the fed, or having to do with Obozo's many executive orders regarding seizing bank accounts, food, vehicles, and other personal property "in an emergency".

The economy is not going well, despite the silly references to the "recovery".

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You're may be onto something OP but I think this is one of the biggest PR (Public Relation) stunt for Obama.

I mean come on now, all we see ( and i live in Eastern Canada) is Obama addressing the public and requesting American civilian to "listen" to their officials and bla bla bla...

Romney is powerless at the moment. Last time I heard about Romney was 2 days ago when he told the press he was going back in Ohio to prepare.

So no, maybe not a false flag event, but one of the best PR stunt from an American President ever.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I agree, with all the hype about having to horde supplies and buy all these things to keep safe, it just seems amusing to see all of the Home insurance commercials, along with the generator and flashlight commercials following with it.

The urges for Red Cross donations as well, but with their emphasis on New York, perhaps they're trying to make an environmental excuse for another Wall Street problem? I dunno, we'll just have to see.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Transitarian

Oh I know, which is why I was helping my workplace and the surrounding areas prepare. I was already done, so in that sense I helped bring food in for those who may be trapped, water, gas for generators, etc. I don't have the luxury of leaving everything behind, so I have windows boarded up, food stocked, and a few beds set up for people who are staying with me.

In no way, shape, or form did I say this storm was tiny, we haven't been hit hard enough for it to be more than a random bout of wind, but I am on call 24/7 during this storm, as our Fire Dept hasn't slept. It just seems, in my opinion, that they are over-emphasizing this.

Of course, it is understandable, being that many didn't take Irene as seriously. This hurricane is far stronger than Irene, they don't want it to be an 'Oh we've been through this it's not going to be that bad.' It's just the way and the tone they are saying it that makes me suspicious. They're not embellishing however, it just doesn't seem that all attention is being diverted to this single storm.

From my point of view, the tone appears to be quite appropriate for the potential issues at hand. I am a government contractor, working as a system admin on a military network. I obviously cant go into detail about much of what I do, but it goes without saying that even the military has to take precautions to ensure the safety of its people. There is no shortage of communication amongst my higher-ups, and everything concerning the hurricane preparedness is right in line with what it should be - personal safety is the only thing to be concerned with. I do not work with anything dealing in the area of disaster preparedness and recovery, but I am fairly sure that those guys are up to their eyeballs in workload right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Transitarian

I have to agree, the people saying that this could be a financial "false flag" could be right. I was told by an investor friend of mine that they decided to shut down the stock market last night. I was going to start a thread on this, but I have places to be later today. So I will just add this to share, as I couldn't find anything on ATS:

Quoted from Bloomberg: U.S. Stock Market to Close as Hurricane Sandy Nears New York

The U.S. securities industry canceled all stock trading as a precaution to protect workers as Hurricane Sandy barrels toward New York City, the Securities and Exchange Commission said in a statement.

“The U.S. equity markets will not be open Monday because of the impending storm,” SEC spokesman John Nester said in a statement. “The decision was made by the market and market participants after careful consideration in consultation with the SEC. The SEC will continue to be in communication with the markets as the situation warrants.”

My investor friend said they thought that the commodities markets were going to skyrocket with this disaster, and that closing the market could be a great way to further suppress the value of those commodities.

I think they should have closed the market to protect people on wall street, but at the same time why isn't Wall Street set up for disasters to happen in the real world???

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RangerClark29
Was just doing some reading on this post and then it hit me, there was another post here on ATS about how they are evacuating the east coast military bases. Now almost everybody on that thread called BS on that story. Keep in mind that thread was started on 10-8-2012, sandy wasn't talked about yet. If you follow the tracker on Sandy it starts up on the 22 of Oct. Could this be that the Government knew about what was to take place and was getting prepared ahead of time?

East Coast Bases Being Evacuated

Thought this might be a good read, and a little extra drama to this already great thread!

Much love
RangerClark29

I actually read a few posts in that thread, then i also read where it said that the US and Canada will share troops during civil emergencies.. it's kind of... related to this Sandy thing maybe.

Dunno if this is just one big happy coincidence or what..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

True indeed, after all, it IS better to be safe than sorry. It's just that idling tickle in the back of your head that they're trying to distract you, though I get that a lot from news programs nowadays. It is beginning to get bad now that the storm is rolling in full tilt. All I can do other than helping out with the Fire Department is hope that everyone remains safe. However, the more I think about it, the more I remember the way people shirked Irene over here. I'm sure they want to make people understand that this isn't going to be a tiny storm.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

The only thing thats off is you. Way Off. Harpe can't make storms. Thats been debunk and debunked but some of you can't see past the conspiracy's in your heads. Having an imagination is great when its used in a constructive way instead of spreading disinformation. Harpe was installed to watch the Sun and its effects on us to better understand and protect the Earth from CME's and Solar Storms that have the potential to wipe all living creatures from the face of the Earth. Get IT. Its Hurricane Season. Its hurricane season till the end of November. There will be more storms. Are you going to tell and say everytime there's a hurricane that I have a feeling about this one. God heaven help us from people that run around thinking this way. How do you function in life when you think people are out to get you all the time. How do you acheive anything in life and do well if your worried about THEM getting you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Let's just keep the possibilities in mind in case something does happen. But don't convince yourselves that something WILL happen or you'll see a conspiracy whether there actually is or not.

The problem with hunting shadows is that after a while, everything starts looking like a shadow.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This storm will reveal the Gold. (just think about that)

Also a heads up. The 2 storms will combine.
edit on 29-10-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

Hunters moon
Planetary alignment
edit on 29-10-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

It's already snowing in West Virginia, from what the news says. This is one crazy swell, that's for sure. I just hope it doesn't snow here, I have to walk to work!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sandy will have a HUGE impact on the election I think. I don't know how, but it will. But I seriously don't think it's engineered in any way .. it's not a false flag, it's just .... a flag.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well, you have to consider the power going out and how long it will be out, most of the voting machines are electronic.
I suppose they could bring in generators to the polling places.
Has there ever been an election postponed?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I think some people need to step away from the computer and do something productive for once.

If Romney were winning, would some of you still be claiming HAARP?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I come from the future. Its raining. And a little wind. And yeah.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eggman84
the final piece of the puzzle is now here, i like how there is a photo going around of a crowded convenience store and the emphasis is on a sign that reads "end of the line". this will bring on FEMA no doubt. the conspiracy theorists we're right all along, the time has come for everybody in the states to be very alert.

FEMA is already involved as they are in any sort of disaster. Thats what they do in the real world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join