It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG WEATHER

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am so sick of hearing the words frankenstorm, sandy, the perfect storm blah blah blah. Its weather... Thats all. Seriously there will be alot of rain and some snow. Big deal. Get over the doom and gloom and stop falling for the fearmongering.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Thank you so much. It's about time someone got on here and told everyone they were sick of something, and therefore everyone should stop doing that something. I know after reading your RANT that I never want to say or type the words Frankenstorm or Sandy again. OOOPS

But seriously, I agree with you...It's been a boring Month.
edit on 10/28/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

I see we have had "HARP" and "SANDY", but am still waiting for some UFO+SANDY connection.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
...and then the awkward moment when the OP moves away from his computer and realizes his house is gone.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yeah, its weather thats all.....It can devastate people and lives. It can take out electricity to those who may survive on oxygen but too poor to afford a generator. Or to those who rely on refrigerated medications. The flooding could wipe out a families or business entire way of life.....The list is endless...You are apathetic and quite frankly although it is a rant....it appears heartless.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
I am so sick of hearing the words frankenstorm, sandy, the perfect storm blah blah blah. Its weather... Thats all. Seriously there will be alot of rain and some snow. Big deal. Get over the doom and gloom and stop falling for the fearmongering.

It's only been a couple of days. Now you must know how I feel about 9/11, Obama-Romney, and zombies.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Yeah, its weather thats all.....It can devastate people and lives. It can take out electricity to those who may survive on oxygen but too poor to afford a generator. Or to those who rely on refrigerated medications. The flooding could wipe out a families or business entire way of life.....The list is endless...You are apathetic and quite frankly although it is a rant....it appears heartless.

Worse! It could leave me without hot coffee for a week. AHHHHHHHHHHHLOLOLOL

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

OMG you mean # happens? I mean the same things dont happen on a daily basis. You mean a basic part of human life that we must all accept may come to fruition due to something people (especially those up north and on the coast) should be prepared for? I think your stretching for some stuff to depress yourself with. anyway get off your high horse and cry over those that are dying off on a much larger scale all over the world than the 2-4 people that will get themselves killed via storm.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

haha I felt the same about the zombies but the rest seemed to be a normality when I joined up anyway. I just hate how everyone latches on to things like this and pray for large scale destruction.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I really dont think anyone is fearmongering. This storm is epic. I have no idea where you reside, but I am on the cusp of this thing and I can tell you all this "fearmongering" has allowed me to prepare and make sure my family is safe, has food and water and gasoline for our generator should we lose power.

My daughter is asthmatic. THe air is cold. Cold Air + Asthma can be deadly. I have to prepare for the worst to keep the absolute worst from happening. There are people on 24/7 dialysis at home these days. Wonder how long you can live without your kidneys? THere are elderly people who are shut ins that have no one to help them. My neighbor is one. I alway make sure I have enough supplies to take care of her too.

Other than the medical ramifications of this storm, consider the economic impact. THe impact on our infrastructure? Imagine the millions of people on the east coast who will have no power no access to heat etc.
There are also impacts to the emergency personnel. I know here where I live our power will go out. I am 99% sure most electric personnel have been dispatched hundreds of miles away to the northeast so we will essentially be screwed.

Imagine the financial impact...gas prices will rise again. Which means the cost of everything else will rise again.

There is so many downward effects of this "non event".

Just thank your lucky stars you are in a position to not worry but please do not judge others who are not as fortunate.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

Thank you so much. It's about time someone got on here and told everyone they were sick of something, and therefore everyone should stop doing that something. I know after reading your RANT that I never want to say or type the words Frankenstorm or Sandy again. OOOPS

But seriously, I agree with you...It's been a boring Month.

I see we have had "HARP" and "SANDY", but am still waiting for some UFO+SANDY connection.

yep waiting on the most crappy made ufo video "PROOF" of aliens being at fault.

I never told anybody to stop talking about anything but whatever I am in NC and people have been reciting the news constantly as if they have some fresh information every two and a half minutes. heard it all weekend and we didnt even get rain here. just clouds in my area.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Lobo that was really cold and mean. Nothing I read in her reply made me believe she was on a high horse or depressed. She was stating fact. This storm means different things to different people depending on how it will effect you.

I am reminded of the song...what this world needs now..is love sweet love...

or maybe some KUM BAH YA

All I know is the hate has to stop. Empathy is a dying trait and it saddens me greatly.

Try to imagine that maybe the reply was personal maybe the reply was written because maybe just maybe the poster is or knows someone who this storm could possibly obliterate. To you it is a storm, to someone else this could be a life changing event. Put your self in their shoes and imagine how that would feel. Then reply with that in mind.

That is empathy. Get some please?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I do believe you missed the point. I really doubt it will be anything major. Sensationalist news...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

Lobo that was really cold and mean. Nothing I read in her reply made me believe she was on a high horse or depressed. She was stating fact. This storm means different things to different people depending on how it will effect you.

I am reminded of the song...what this world needs now..is love sweet love...

or maybe some KUM BAH YA

All I know is the hate has to stop. Empathy is a dying trait and it saddens me greatly.

Try to imagine that maybe the reply was personal maybe the reply was written because maybe just maybe the poster is or knows someone who this storm could possibly obliterate. To you it is a storm, to someone else this could be a life changing event. Put your self in their shoes and imagine how that would feel. Then reply with that in mind.

That is empathy. Get some please?

Stating a fact... Death is a fact of life. I will die you will die they will die at some point and time. Unless it is someone close to you then you shouldnt make yourself feel like crap over every little thing. There is so much death and pain in the world if you sit there and worry about it then you wont have anytime to be happy and enjoy your own life while you have it.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I have friends in Newport News VA and the point is the area is under water and without power. It is not a NON EVENT. This is very serious.

It is not sensationalist news. They are evacuating millions of people. They are predicting up to 50 inches of rain. They are predicting feet of snow in WV and parts of PA and NY. This is an EPIC storm and will take lives. 50 + have already died in the Bahamas and Cuba. Does that not bother you?

I think you need to visit OZ and get a heart. HOw can you not see the impact on the US and these souls enduring this? And to say they should be prepared...are you serious? That is the entire reason for the news...to tell people the very worst scenario and help them make informed decisions.

I think you have missed the point my friend.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Death is a fact of life, on that we can agree. However, I plan to go to my grave skidding sideways doing everything in my power to live as long as I can on this earth. Just because I am going to die SOMEDAY doesnt mean I have to be complacent and not try to prevent it when I can.

I am not panicked. If I were I would be in my car driving the 6 hrs to my father's home where I know no matter what my family would be safe. I am still in my living room thinking about what I am wearing to work tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I think you need to visit OZ and get a heart.

how very corny... like I said. fearmongering. dear lord a hurricane flooding parts of virginia. that doesnt ever happen

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Stating a fact... Death is a fact of life. I will die you will die they will die at some point and time. Unless it is someone close to you then you shouldnt make yourself feel like crap over every little thing. There is so much death and pain in the world if you sit there and worry about it then you wont have anytime to be happy and enjoy your own life while you have it.
reply to post by k21968

maybe you should read what I read I never said anything about not trying to live I spoke of not depressing yourself over the pain others are feeling bc it is not you and to grieve over all the misfortune in the world would take all your time and you would not have a chance to live your life happily.

anyways it was nice chatting with you but it is time for me to go and enjoy the nice weather the hurricane brought in.

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I hope you find some empathy while you are enjoying the nice weather the hurricane brought to you. That was a very callous statement and proves my point that you lack empathy. It sounds like something a teenager of the I generation would say. Which leads me to believe you are of that generation. The generation that has been shielded from the hurt and pain in the world. The generation who only thinks of themselves.

Empathy is not being afraid to die. Empathy is being able to feel what others feel. You lack that. It is sad for you. You are missing out on some of life's beauty in being able to hurt when someone else hurts, love when someone loves, and feel joy when someone else feels joy even though you are not immediately feeling it yourself.

It doesnt make you weak. In fact it makes you stronger and makes you appreciate the things you do have even when life throws a Perfect Storm and threatens to ruin your entire world.

I will pray for you my friend.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Not corny my friend and flooding that covers a major thoroughway is not normal flooding. Go watch the Weather Channel for a while. Maybe you will open your eyes this is not a NON EVENT.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The generation that has been shielded from the hurt and pain in the world. The generation who only thinks of themselves.
It is sad for you. You are missing out on some of life's beauty in being able to hurt when someone else hurts.

Oh yes and tell me what generations have not been shielded from pain in the us? Im positive you are of one that has. It in fact sounds like you have a comfortable life... not enough pain in yours so you reach out and get off on others. Yes hurting bc others do is such a joyous experience. sounds pretty delusional to me. It takes a sick mind to enjoy depression and feed off it. Maybe I should pray for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join