It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X is real! Ultimate proof right here!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yeah, bit sensationalist was that title, but lately all we see is planet X this planet X that....and guess what...turns out that not only is it real, but it is well documented and even has photos!

It was first thought to have existed in 1840, and in 1906, a nice chap by the name of Percival Lowell started the search to find it (he was the first to refer to it as planet X, catchy name).

He even (apparently) managed to get two photos of it, but had no idea he had, so they went unnoticed (what a bummer).

The poor bugger snuffed it in 1916, having never known of his discovery, and the search did not continue until 1929, courtesy of another fellow called Clyde Tombaugh.

In 1930 they noticed something moving on the photos they had took, and after much nit picking and several more photos, and finally that halleluiah was shouted all around, they had found planet X!

Then they named it Pluto and the rest is history.

Sorry for such a short thread, but I just wanted to put that out there.

You can read more about it about it here....(and many, many other places)

Pluto, Planet X

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Jeez. Well all I know is venassa winterbottom from nasa, says she's making an announcement concerning planet x. Let's just wait and see lol.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Putyournamehere because: Stupid auto correct

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Planet X. X as in the roman numeral which is 10, meaning 10th planet. NASA dubbed it Eris a while back, and they knw large planetoids are out there because Voyager detected them when it flew by. Now wether or not they are terrestrial worlds or gaseous, who knows?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

Jeez. Well all I know is venassa winterbottom from nasa, says she's making an announcement concerning planet x. Let's just wait and see lol.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Putyournamehere because: Stupid auto correct

When is she making that announcement?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

No no no... She cancelled the announcement because of all the mockery remember? Sooo, Bernard uh I mean "Vanessa" will not make an important televised announcement. Bummer.. Lol

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Hello, my name is Vanessa Winterbottom, i am working for Nasa, head of the eurpoean department. I am making a statement which will be televised tomorrow for all the stations. During the forthcoming eclipse next month, another planet, which will appear the same size as the sun initially, will appear.. This will cause tidal waves, earthquakes and tsunamis on earth. The next couple of months will be life changing on earth, very little if anything will survive, during the huge pounding earth will take, as nibiru affects earth`s magnetic field, and heavily ignites the suns` power, sending huge sunspots and chunks of lethal radiation heading towards earth. This is it, by the end of december of this year 2012, earth will cease to exist. Tomorrow a full statement will be made to all the major tv channels. I am sorry Vanessa Winterbottom

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Everybody is slamming her lol but she does say that yes I'm a women and tomorrow it will be broadcasted along with the evidence

Taking with a buckshot grain of salt, even though It would be AWESOME

edit on 28-10-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I wondered about that, given there was only 8 planets known at the time, I just assumed the X wasn't referring to 10, more X marks the spot?
edit on 28/10/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
on the NatGeo station on cable TV.... mathematics and the appearance of Sedna (a planetoid that became visible to the inner solar system) a few years back is proof that 'something is out there'

but a planet X... very unlikely... it might be more a dwarf star which long time folklore refers to as the nemesis star a companion of Sol/Sun some 2 light years deep into the Oort Cloud.

yeah, the Arizona astronomer/gentleman is attributed the Pluto find (tenth planet)

didn't he also do a lot of stuff that fell in line with the Burroughs fantasy about 'canals' on Mars
now to me that was much more exciting
edit on 28-10-2012 by St Udio because: typos

BTW...wasn' Pluto demoted from its position of a 'planet' to just almost a planet/giant ice ball/planetisimal or something

ergo a 'planet X' still has not been found

Ah Ha...

from space.com

On Aug. 24, 2006, Pluto — which had been known as the ninth planet since its 1930 discovery — was demoted to the newly created category of "dwarf planet."

edit on 28-10-2012 by St Udio because: tags

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I think Vanny Chillybum started foe'ing people, a classic trait of Mr Bernard.

In my opinion, it is the same person, either really bored, or just a really bad troll.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
One of the posters just had to make fun of our site lol

Above Tard Secrets.
lmao

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Other than all the above mentioned, "Planet X" brings me fond memories of Duck Dodgers.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Planet X. X as in the roman numeral which is 10, meaning 10th planet. NASA dubbed it Eris a while back, and they knw large planetoids are out there because Voyager detected them when it flew by. Now wether or not they are terrestrial worlds or gaseous, who knows?

No -- Planet "X" did not mean the tenth planet. It meant "unknown planet".

When Percival Lowel coined the phrase "Planet X" back in 1906, there were only 8 planets, so planet X would have been the 9th planet.

Lowel was looking for a large planet beyond Neptune because scientists at the time thought that Uranus had some tiny irregularities in its orbit. Neptune was actually discover back in the 1840 because of irregularities in Uranus' orbit, but even when scientists of Lowel's day took Neptune into account, it was though another large body must exist beyond Neptune (larger than Pluto even).

However, it was later discovered that Lowel and his contemporaries actually mis-estimated Neptune's mass, and when Neptune's correct mass is considered, there are no irregularities with Uranus.

So the term "Planet X" basically meant "Unknown planet" when the term was coined over 100 years ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hmmm... Finding it weird no one has yet pointed out that NASA's WISE survey found evidence of Planet X/Tyche/Hercolubus/Nibiru/Nemesis/Whatever, 7-8 months ago.... Did it get debunked while i was on hollidays? What's all this trolling about Pluto?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lifemare

Can you link to this glitch on the camera sensor evidence that NASA found please.

As for "all this trolling about Pluto", it is merely stating a FACT that the term Planet X was first coined during the search for what later became know as Pluto, I fail to see how putting forward FACTS can be considered trolling.

In fact, it is against the ATS T&C to accuse of trolling, I would suggest you have a good read of them.

edit on 30/10/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Pluto was downgraded a while back. So it is not a planet anymore.

Anyone smell a conspiracy with that?

I really am sad about it.

Children today won't grow up with the little fella as being a planet of our solar system.

Really sad

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

My guess is they probably thought it would be easier to have 8 major planets than have to remember a whole heap of new minor planets they are discovering past Plutos orbit.

Indeed sad.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I have to star you for this thread

It is a breath of fresh air and reasoning amongst idiotic and chaos loving hypesters who wants more than nothing for this planet to be something other than Pluto.

Thank you for denying ignorance

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Can you link to this glitch on the camera sensor evidence that NASA found please.

You're right, i can't seem to find the the sources i remember reading. The only "evidence" for the existence of the theorized Tyche is the Kuiper cliff. WISE found no proof of it... Bummer!

As for "all this trolling about Pluto", it is merely stating a FACT that the term Planet X was first coined during the search for what later became know as Pluto, I fail to see how putting forward FACTS can be considered trolling.
In fact, it is against the ATS T&C to accuse of trolling, I would suggest you have a good read of them.

Very sorry about that! Still new to all this. I'll give it a read.
Being convinced of the above misconception, i couldn't help feeling like the OP was just trying to stir things up.
I must disagree with you however on the fact that "Planet X" is a synonym for Pluto. As long as there are indications of possible planetoids beyond the orbit of Neptune, any such body can be refered to by that term. And as far as i can tell, the search continues...
edit on 30-10-2012 by lifemare because: formatting

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Ah, thanks for posting that content since I apparently have a lifetime ban there... That text made me remember how really ridiculous that site is. Oh, glp, how I miss thee.... well, not really.

new topics

top topics

join