It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu... Have You Experienced This Mysterious Phenomenon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I really must pay better attention to my spelling "cane" is obviously supposed to be can, LOL!

Thanks sled. and btw they deleted one of my threads! I posted a rant though! check it out.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
I really must pay better attention to my spelling "cane" is obviously supposed to be can, LOL!

Thanks sled. and btw they deleted one of my threads! I posted a rant though! check it out.

Ascension211

Yeah, they deleted one of mine too. I went and ranted in your rant thread!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My grandmother had Alzheimer's disease, and frequently experienced deja vu. She was always forgetting things that she had already forgotten.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I also have experienced Deja Vu many times, but it's usually because I have dreamed of the place or the situation previously. It's never anything really dramatic or prophetic, usually just everyday things.

For example I dreamed of coming home from work and finding my husband asleep on the sofa with a copy of Popular Mechanics with a picture of Lee Iococa on the cover and a few weeks later it happened. My husband doesn't read magazines and doesn't subscribe to any, so that was weird- especially Lee Iococa smiling back at me from the cover!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Not really Deja Vu, but once in awhile I will have a dream where a ton of stuff are compressed(like watching a video at really fast speed). Sometimes something bad will happen in the compression. Well then I wake up and go about my business, but sometime later I will be in a situation in rl right before the bad thing happened(when I used to work in the motel industry I had a compression dream of a white guy and two black guy's coming in and they end up shooting me after I sell them a room and open the drawer, so when I actually seen them in rl I was kind of off put + scared to death and was auto rude to them so they left), be it a car accident, robbery, or attack by "something", and I change my pattern. Sometimes it truly scares me and it messes with my head. That is life though...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It's possible that it has to do with time lines converging.

Redundant outcomes from different timelines originating either from the past (deja vu) or the future (precognition).

In my experience, deja vu or precognition indicates that I need to change something to achieve the desired outcome.

Synchronicities, on the other hand, indicate that I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

But that's just me. Another good thread sled!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by sled735

I also have experienced Deja Vu many times, but it's usually because I have dreamed of the place or the situation previously. It's never anything really dramatic or prophetic, usually just everyday things.

For example I dreamed of coming home from work and finding my husband asleep on the sofa with a copy of Popular Mechanics with a picture of Lee Iococa on the cover and a few weeks later it happened. My husband doesn't read magazines and doesn't subscribe to any, so that was weird- especially Lee Iococa smiling back at me from the cover!

Yeah, sounds like you took a journey into the future during your dream.
This isn't the same as Deja Vu, but still gives one a really weird feeling when it happens in real life, right?!

I've had dreams that came true too. And like you, mine are just everyday things.

Thanks for your post.

edit on 12/4/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 12/4/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by sled735

Not really Deja Vu, but once in awhile I will have a dream where a ton of stuff are compressed(like watching a video at really fast speed). Sometimes something bad will happen in the compression. Well then I wake up and go about my business, but sometime later I will be in a situation in rl right before the bad thing happened(when I used to work in the motel industry I had a compression dream of a white guy and two black guy's coming in and they end up shooting me after I sell them a room and open the drawer, so when I actually seen them in rl I was kind of off put + scared to death and was auto rude to them so they left), be it a car accident, robbery, or attack by "something", and I change my pattern. Sometimes it truly scares me and it messes with my head. That is life though...

WOW! It would have freaked me out to see those shooters walking in the door! I think I would have run!!

Awesome that you get these "warnings"!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
It's possible that it has to do with time lines converging.

Redundant outcomes from different timelines originating either from the past (deja vu) or the future (precognition).

In my experience, deja vu or precognition indicates that I need to change something to achieve the desired outcome.

Synchronicities, on the other hand, indicate that I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

But that's just me. Another good thread sled!

Thanks, htapath.

I've read where some people say Deja Vu is a sign from our spirit guide letting us know we are on the right path. A memory flash of the path we chose before being born.
Then I've heard others say it is a past-life memory. I would think that would only apply to recognizing places where we have never been though.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think this phenomenon is related to dreaming, maybe when you dream sometimes you travel to the future and see what is going to happen, a lot of times you don't dream or don't remember a dream. Only a few times you remember very good a dream and then when you are at that moment it is a deja vu.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've only had one extremely strong episode of, what I class as, DejaVu.

I was 18yrs old and on a 'plane to Crete, Greece with my pal. As I stepped out onto the steps to descend the plane I was stopped in my tracks by the most overwhelming feeling of having been in Greece before. In my head the words 'I've come home' were resoundingly strong. The smell in the air, the heat all seemed to be a 'welcome'.

I did study Ancient Greece at High School, I have always felt 'drawn' to the old Greek civilizations and I have often wondered if I lived a past life there, given my interest, above experience and my love for the places I have been lucky enough to visit there.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindq
I've only had one extremely strong episode of, what I class as, DejaVu.

I was 18yrs old and on a 'plane to Crete, Greece with my pal. As I stepped out onto the steps to descend the plane I was stopped in my tracks by the most overwhelming feeling of having been in Greece before. In my head the words 'I've come home' were resoundingly strong. The smell in the air, the heat all seemed to be a 'welcome'.

I did study Ancient Greece at High School, I have always felt 'drawn' to the old Greek civilizations and I have often wondered if I lived a past life there, given my interest, above experience and my love for the places I have been lucky enough to visit there.

That's a classic example of remembering a past-life, IMO. I'm happy you had the opportunity to go back and visit "home". People often take a strong interest in places where they felt happy in a past life. Wonderful!!!

edit on 12/5/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes, I feel that way about it too. And that feeling is still as strong today, a good many years on!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
gonna bump this.

i had little bit of deja vu. but ive had two or three where i know whats going to happen kind of. its like i had a dream about them or a vision what seems like a week before the event happens. just regular things though. like i had a really good one just hanging out with friends everyone was doing what i saw them doing and after a few minutes i thought i know whats going to happen someones going to be outside messing with my bike. i actually got up and ran outside to check because everything leading up to that was exactly what i saw before(no one was messing with my bike btw). its a weird feeling when you remember something playing out right in front of you that youve seen before.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe that there's no such thing as time. The past, present, and future are all occurring at the same time. I also believe in reincarnation so all of our past and future lives are happening at the same time as well. The moment deja-vu occurs, that means you're doing something similar in a past or future life. IMO of course.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When i was a child,i would get deja vu episodes so strong it felt physically like i was turning inside out,that comes closest to describing it.The 1st time,i was about 4yo,my parents and my mother's adult nephew were discussing something in a corner of the kitchen+i was sitting by the kitchen table eating something out of a bowl.The feeling of this all having happened before was so overpowering,such vertigo,and almost like was falling down through space,at the same time turning inside out.For years it would be very intense,then in my later teens +20's it would still result in weird physical sensations,but less intense.Nowadays,i seldom get it,almost never.When i do,its very faint,and for some reason i'd feel that it was part of a dream i had,a dream segment.What would it mean,if one got it so drastically before,and now almost never+very very faintly,i wonder?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
What would it mean,if one got it so drastically before,and now almost never+very very faintly,i wonder?

Well, if deja vu is us remembering part of the road map we chose before we entered our Earthly bodies, then it could mean we are off course a bit.

What you experienced sounds kind of like that explanation. But the fact you are still having faint experiences from time to time must be telling you, you are still on track for your life path.

The experiences of meeting someone we feel we have met before, but know we haven't (in this life) would apply to our past-life memories, IMO.

Good question. That's all I can think of for an answer. Anyone else have something different?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have had quite a few deja vu experiences myself. Very strange feeling and I had to stop and think for a while what could that be. However the one that I remember very clearly is actually from a dream which I think was also a deja vu experience.

I dreamed I was in a museum with lots of displays of preserved birds in glass boxes. This particular room was on the second floor in my dream. A while after that when I happened to visit a museum with a friend when I had the feeling of deja vu there. Sure enough, when I went upstairs to the second level I saw the exact situation like in the dream. It was puzzling me until this day to tell you the truth.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
It’s a second chance, memory recall… make the right decision and you won’t experience it again… this is why you don’t get the effect as you get older. We learn from our mistakes

I know I'm adding to the thread a bit after the fact but glad I found it, fun topic...

To reply to the above quoted post, I've thought of that too but I hope that's not the explanation. Would suck to think I'm making all the same choices all over again. I used the think/hope it was the spiritual check point that I was on the right track but I don't think so anymore.

The dream explanation seems the most logical to me, that we are remembering a precognitive dream. I believe our mind travels in time and space while in each state of sleep, not just the REM state. My moments of clairaudience or clairsentience are just as often in the first or second stages, not just in REM. I think deja vu is felt when the precognitive dream was more exact.

IMHO

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fareast123

Thank you for posting, fareast123. I must have missed your first post. Sorry about that.

I think that makes sense. We could travel into the future timeline on the astral plane while we sleep, and then remember it when it happens, and have a Deja Vu experience.

It sounds like validation of these timelines being real to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join