It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vote for Democrats is a vote for the draft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
After seeing a thread about how Bush was behind the draft, I thought I would make a thread that pointed out the truth - that DEMOCRATS are behind the draft.

I know democrats really hate this little thing called reality, but IN REALITY it was DEMOCRATS who AUTHORED AND SPONCERD THE DRAFT BILL.

And when it was voted on, what was the only party that voted FOR it? THE DEMOCRATS OF COURSE!

So, unless you WANT a draft, DON"T VOTE DEMOCRATIC!

[edit on 19-10-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Its highly unlikely that either pary will do it unless some sort of dire situation comes up. Any other attempt would be political suicide.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Read ATSNN => that bill was shot down in the House today 402-2. The "2" were democrats, though.

Zip

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Read ATSNN => that bill was shot down in the House today 402-2. The "2" were democrats, though.

Zip

That is my point. Liberals have been screaming that Bush and the republicans want a draft, yet whne you look at the FACTS it was authoured, supported and voted for by DEMOCRATS.

There is a thread saying a vote for Bush is a vote for the draft.

Well this is the same thing, only it actually has foundations in reality...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Right, there is conjecture that the liberals knew this bill wouldn't fly and they just wanted to get it introduced during Bush's presidency to start rumours about Bush's intentions. This was facilitated through email chains that circulated around office buildings - we got them here where I work, which is made up of mostly democrats.

Bush said he would have vetoed the bill, had it passed. They didn't put THAT in the email chain...

Zip

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is amazing how the liberlas can spin it. It's like State Rep. John Pappageorge's comment on suppressing the Detroit vote. He wasn't talking about the 2004 presidential election he was talking about a vote on legalizing marijuana. If the ATS posters are all for the truth and are not conspiracy crazy then they can easily look at the facts and see the liberal spin on this issue of the draft.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yup. Demoacrats author a bill for a draft. Democrats support a bill for a draft. Democrats vote FOR the draft.

Yet some how, it is Bush who wants a draft, even though he didnt author it, or even get a chance to vote on it!

Come on liberals - spin away!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
American Mad Man,

I am glad you brought this up again. Do you realize that the draft bill was voted down on 10-5-2004 and the media has not so much as acknowleged it, yet they reported like crazy about the possiblity of a draft a few weeks ago. When I brought it up here on ATS on 10-6-2004 the thread received 8 replies with 3 being from me. All the while the "BUSH IS GOING TO BRING BACK THE DRAFT THREADS" have received well over 100 replies.

Some people just can't admit when they are wrong.

House Votes down draft save the 2 democrats

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Various Bush wants draft threads

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

U.S. Has Contingency Plans for a Draft of Medical Workers
By ROBERT PEAR

Published: October 19, 2004

WASHINGTON, Oct. 18 - The Selective Service has been updating its contingency plans for a draft of doctors, nurses and other health care workers in case of a national emergency that overwhelms the military's medical corps.

In a confidential report this summer, a contractor hired by the agency described how such a draft might work, how to secure compliance and how to mold public opinion and communicate with health care professionals, whose lives could be disrupted.

Advertisement

On the one hand, the report said, the Selective Service System should establish contacts in advance with medical societies, hospitals, schools of medicine and nursing, managed care organizations, rural health care providers and the editors of medical journals and trade publications.

On the other hand, it said, such contacts must be limited, low key and discreet because "overtures from Selective Service to the medical community will be seen as precursors to a draft," and that could alarm the public.
New York Times

Anybody read the Times today? Sorry, silly question.

Anyway, it looks like the Selective Service is preparing for something.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
American Mad Man,

I am glad you brought this up again. Do you realize that the draft bill was voted down on 10-5-2004 and the media has not so much as acknowleged it, yet they reported like crazy about the possiblity of a draft a few weeks ago. When I brought it up here on ATS on 10-6-2004 the thread received 8 replies with 3 being from me. All the while the "BUSH IS GOING TO BRING BACK THE DRAFT THREADS" have received well over 100 replies.

Some people just can't admit when they are wrong.

House Votes down draft save the 2 democrats

Various Bush wants draft threads

Exactly! Hundreds of posters scared of Bush and the draft, yet it is the democrats making the bils and voting for them!

Where were the HUNDREDS of posts saying that KERRY would implement the draft - after all, it was HIS PARTY that wanted one!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I suppose it should probably be pointed out that the bill that was voted down, wasn't actually a bill to bring back the draft.

It was a bill (introduced, mind you, in early '03 - just before the country went to war) that would have UPDATED selective service, by expanding and redefining who was eligible, in the event of a draft.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
I suppose it should probably be pointed out that the bill that was voted down, wasn't actually a bill to bring back the draft.

It was a bill (introduced, mind you, in early '03 - just before the country went to war) that would have UPDATED selective service, by expanding and redefining who was eligible, in the event of a draft.

Point all you want but this bill if signed into law, would bring back the draft and it was supported by the Democrats!!!!!!!

taken from the House.gov
Universal National Service Act of 2003 - Declares that it is the obligation of every U.S. citizen, and every other person residing in the United States, between the ages of 18 and 26 to perform a two-year period of national service, unless exempted, either as a member of an active or reserve component of the armed forces or in a civilian capacity that promotes national defense. Requires induction into national service by the President. Sets forth provisions governing: (1) induction deferments, postponements, and exemptions, including exemption of a conscientious objector from military service that includes combatant training; and (2) discharge following national service.

Amends the Military Selective Service Act to authorize the military registration of females.

thomas.loc.gov...:HR00163:@@@L&summ2=m&

Oh and if thats not good enough take a look at the NY times which confirms it.

query.nytimes.com...:search

[edit on 19-10-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Anybody read the Times today? Sorry, silly question.

Curme,

I read the NY times but have you forgotten that in order to have a draft it has to be passed through Congress?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by the politics of the recent draft vote. There are ulterior purposes, both from the right and from the left. Look into what your local draft boards are up to. That will tell you more.

This is from my thread:

A Vote for Bush is a Vote for the Draft

It's amazing to listen to young people rant on about how great Dubya Bush is. Most of them do not even realize that by supporting him, they are actually supporting the very real possibility that they will be drafted into his military and shipped off to Iraq and Afghanistan.

To him, they are merely cannon fodder. Is this what you want, young people? Do you really want to hand your life over to the US government for the foreseeable future? Do you really want to be cannon fodder? This is what you'll be voting for.

If you truly are so patriotic that you really want to serve, then that's fine. I applaud you. But unless you've committed yourself to service, you might want to think twice about supporting Bush. War isn't nearly as glamorous as Hollywood wants you to think. It's quite the opposite. Trust me; I've seen it. You will face just about every misery imagineable in rapid-time.

If Bush gets elected, he will start the draft.

Blow this off if you want. But if you're under 35, it's your life they will be taking. Not mine. I've been there and done it and am beyond their reach at this point.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
ECK,

I'm sorry, but please point out exactly how this is Bush's doing? Did he propose the bill? No. Did he vote for it? No. Has he ever sai he wanted a draft? No.

Stop trying to pin this one Bush - it is blatent scare tactics by the liberals you so clearly support.

Please, if you feel Bush wants a draft, point to some evidance - preferably that he has publicly stated he wants on or has supported legislation for one, because right now, there is only one bill calling for a draft and it litterally has democrats names all over it!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
As for the Selective Service a quote taken from their website

Since 1980, the Selective Service System has discharged its mission of preparing to manage a draft if and when Congress and the President so direct. The House action proves that the Selective Service has gotten no such direction. That being the case, the Agency will maintain its readiness as required by law, and to register young men between the ages of 18 and 25. That mission has been reaffirmed frequently by successive Administrations and by Congress under the leadership of both parties.

www.sss.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Umm, which is it?

Is it that Kerry is too poosae to fight the war on terror, and instead he will cower and back away from challenges and not go on the offensive?

Or is that Kerry is such a war monger now that he will have to re-enact the draft to have enough man power to wage wars?

You Republicans need to get your story straight. Damn flip-floppers!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Has he ever sai he wanted a draft? No.

Yeah, and he said there were WMDs in Iraq. And that Iraq was actively trying to seek out nuclear materials. And that Iraq was a "threat of unique urgency." And that he would not rush into war.

Yadda yadda yadda. If after these last four years you haven't learned that you need to watch what Bush does, rather than what he says -- I dunno what to tell you.

Please, if you feel Bush wants a draft, point to some evidance

The fact that Bush has made no apologies for rushing into an optional war, and in fact has justifed his actions, and said he would do the same again -- that's reason enough. If we had enough troops now, we wouldn't have to be taking them from one area of the world (S.Korea) to deploy in other areas. If we had enough troops, we wouldn't have to be lowering recruitment criteria to allow more people in. If we had enough troops, we wouldn't have to be sending National Guard reservists over to Iraq. If we had enough troops, hell, MAYBE we would have sent them over to Iraq in the first place, at the suggestion of numerous military officials?

I don't know whether Bush will restart the draft or not, but if his policies don't change (and he has shown absolutely no reason to believe they will), we will need a draft sooner or later. It's just that simple.

A vote for Bush is more likely to lead to a draft than a vote for John Kerry. It's not that difficult to comprehend. We've alienated most of stronger allies, we are led by a man that has put on us a course for constant fighting, and we have some very dangerous situations around the world (Iran, N.Korea). And that's not even talking about committing a large portion of our troops to places like Iraq/Afghanistan, both of which are FAR from stable.

You tell me where you think we will get all these troops from.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The guy who created the draft bill didnt even vote for it. It was a semi-clever scare tactic that will only work on people that dont get the facts sadly thats alot of people.

If I thought it up for my party I would be proud. Whats next a Dem going to create a bill to clear cut our national parks. Which everyone will ofcourse blaim on Bush.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
ECK,

I'm sorry, but please point out exactly how this is Bush's doing? Did he propose the bill? No. Did he vote for it? No. Has he ever sai he wanted a draft? No.

Man, you don't get it. There's a lot that Bush doesn't have to say or do. It's called wink and nod. Besides, it's Cheney and Rumsfeld who are running the show. And quite simply, they don't give a rat's azz what you or I think. They will do as they please. At the time of their choosing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join