It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas authorities have threatened to arrest international election observers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty interesting. Some states are starting want to distance themselves from not only international influences but from federal influences as well.
The animosity between Obama in my home state is no secret and its one reason that I dont need to bother voting.
I dont remember the last time a democrat won Texas.

Source

Lawmakers from the group of 56 European and Central Asian nations have been observing U.S. elections since 2002, without incident. Their presence has become a flashpoint this year, however, as Republicans accuse Democrats of voter fraud while Democrats counter that GOP-inspired voter ID laws aim to disenfranchise minority voters. Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott further fueled the controversy on Tuesday when he sent a letter to the OSCE warning the organization that its representatives “are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place” and that it “may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place's entrance.” The letter goes on to accuse the group of having met with liberal organizations that oppose Voter ID laws. The OSCE put out an interim report last week saying that “recent state-level legislative initiatives to limit early voting and introduce stricter voter identification have become highly polarized.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I dont blame the great state of Texas ! I hope they do arrest them ! The joke that is the United Nations is just that a freaking joke. We dont need them in our country for any reason. Thank God for the great state of Texas for having the balls to do what every state needs to do. Stand up for yourself to the federal government, the u n and whoever else stands in the way of a states rights to goven their own affairs.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Whats funny is that some of these monitors, come from countries that are way worse than the US in political corruption.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's highly ironic that as a nation, the U.S. touts itself not only as the world's premiere peacekeeper, but as a shining beacon of the democratic process so that each country may be a free society. Yet, when these same democratic principles are applied by the international community to the U.S., how quick we are to cry foul.

Makes you wonder what the conservatives in Texas fear. Absolutely shameful!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy Wabbit

Shameful? Please.. this group of international "observers" are an ultra progressive group that would love nothing more than to see the election handed to Obama. To call them unbiased would be ignorant to an extreme. Texas should lock up any one of them for potential voter fraud if they step foot in a polling place or counting facility.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I don't see the issue here? I read the article and I fail to see the problem? Why are Texan officials so scared of the international observers? If the Texan election process is secure, and if it promotes equal voting rights for all citizens, why the aggression against the observers?

Texas could set an example to others of how the election process is suppose to work, so I fail to see what they have to hide by these observers coming in.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I don't see the issue here? I read the article and I fail to see the problem? Why are Texan officials so scared of the international observers? If the Texan election process is secure, and if it promotes equal voting rights for all citizens, why the aggression against the observers?

Texas could set an example to others of how the election process is suppose to work, so I fail to see what they have to hide by these observers coming in.

They have no business butting into our business

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Give it up...the people you are talking to don't get it.

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

But we have business in their countries?

Again, you still have not addressed the fundamental question here. What do they have to hide from these elections observers?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Further information on this matter:

The OSCE, which sends monitoring teams to elections around the world, has been observing U.S. elections since 2002, when the Bush administration invited them after the hotly contested 2000 presidential election. They are expected to observe in 15 states on November 6th.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

It seems like there wasn't a problem with these international observers in past years during the Bush administration. So why all of a sudden a change of tune? Why the aggression? If there is nothing wrong with the elections process in Texas, they have nothing to fear with these observers.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

But we have business in their countries?

Again, you still have not addressed the fundamental question here. What do they have to hide from these elections observers?

If they choose to exclude our "monitors" then thats their business and their right, I dont really care. Texas officials are executing their rights and Im glad they are.
edit on 10/25/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Must be a young-un, Ann Richards (RIP) was last Democrat Governor in Texas 91' - 95' God bless Texas!

Anything UN sponsored is suspect in my book but theres a storm a coming from what I hear.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Must be a young-un, Ann Richards (RIP) was last Democrat Governor in Texas 91' - 95' God bless Texas!

Anything UN sponsored is suspect in my book but theres a storm a coming from what I hear.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

Clayton Williams wouldve won that, if not for his dumbass comment about women

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Sarah Connor: There's a storm coming.

...and she was right.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Texas isn't exactly a state known for spotlessly clean elections.

If you read up on Lyndon B. Johnson, for example, and then look at what happened in Gore vs Bush.... The similarities are staggering. While I will concede that it was Florida that time, you should consider who was running, who was Governor and where they both likely learned politics.

I believe that having outside observers, isn't a bad idea, especially in Texas.

M.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuzzy Wabbit
Makes you wonder what the conservatives in Texas fear. Absolutely shameful!

Exactly.

I find it rather amusing that these are Republicans screaming about this, while they ignore the blatant corruption at the RNC where their own party faithful walked out in disgust when votes were ignored.

These freaks are such hypocrites it's genuinely scary, it's like they pick and choose the reality they want to perceive. If it makes them uncomfortable or makes them question their devotion to the precious party then they miraculously just ignore it and pretend it never happened.

I guess it's no surprise though, considering religion and the Republican party seem to go hand in hand, and the same mental defects afflict the religiously insane too

Texas will allow the observers in, they'll do it quietly, but they will. The alternative is to become a national embarrassment and be looked upon with suspicion.

If they have nothing to hide, why all the fuss? Could it be because they have something planned for vote rigging in Texas that they don't want anyone to see evidence of?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's as funny as it is sad, really.

So when it comes to the USA monitoring the voting process in other countries you don't hear a single complain from any person in Texas and yet when that is applied to them it's all about "butting into our business".

Those guys were send to keep an eye on the votes in order to avoid fraud, why in the hell would you be against that for god's sake ? It's not like they play another role in the election, they're making sure everything is going according to the law.

Those people behave backward, you don't bite an helping hand.

edit on 25-10-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The international community supports one candidate.
The UN is biased and as crooked as the day is long. This alone is enough reason to deny them the opportunity to interfere.

If they were invited by official channels then the states need to know this so they can handle the situation appropriately.

Even federal intervention must be requested by the governor in any state of emergency, let alone an internationally self assigned group that is openly hostile to the US except when we pay half of the UN's budget.

Let the UN go take care of someone who needs it and stop interfering in our politics.

I see it as hostile intervention from foreign powers because that's really all it is.

Originally posted by BobbyTarass
It's as funny as it is sad, really.

So when it comes to the USA monitoring the voting process in other countries you don't hear a single complain from any person in Texas and yet when that is applied to them it's all about "butting in our business".

Those guys were send to keep an eye on the votes in order to avoid fraud, why in the hell would you be against that for god's sake ? It's not like they play another role in the election, they're making sure everything is going according to the law.

How retarded can you be ?

Texans don't desire an international police position (except maybe GWB) we don't really want to spend our time babysitting the rest of the world.

No UN intervention needs to be done until the UN council brings charges that an individual government is unable to provide free and fair elections.
By their reasoning, Obama is unable to govern the US's ability to even have basic elections so why are the Dems so proud that the rest of the world has to make sure your administration and president actually hold fair elections?

edit on 25-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
When it comes down to it, it doesnt matter. I cannot recall the last time Texas voted Democrat. I know google has the answer but I dont really care enough to look it up.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The international community supports one candidate.
The UN is biased and as crooked as the day is long. This alone is enough reason to deny them the opportunity to interfere.

If they were invited by official channels then the states need to know this so they can handle the situation appropriately.

Even federal intervention must be requested by the governor in any state of emergency, let alone an internationally self assigned group that is openly hostile to the US except when we pay half of the UN's budget.

Let the UN go take care of someone who needs it and stop interfering in our politics.

I see it as hostile intervention from foreign powers because that's really all it is.

Tell me how the UN and its 56 representants have the power to change even for a bit the course of the elections ? They are here to assess that everything is done the right way.

You apparently need it since we already heard claims of frauds.

And about the "hostile intervention from foreign powers" it really makes me cringe, it's a democratic process and a helping hand to be sure it is respected, you just can't be serious. Are you that opposed to the concept of democracy that you'd rather have your elections going without someone to keep it fair ?

Stop focusing on Obama for once, this isn't about him, they were already here years ago.
edit on 25-10-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join