It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Invisible War !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Most heartbreaking documentary from military members that finaly have the courage to speak
so many are raped each week by some rogue and bad soldiers in the military
then most of the time it is all covered up to protect the predator and not to victim

i hope everyone that is serving would always protect their collegues
Karma will always avenge every raped woman
weither it is in the military or not

THE INVISIBLE WAR is a groundbreaking investigative documentary about one of our country's most shameful and best kept secrets: the epidemic of rape within our US military. Today, a female soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan is more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire with the number of assaults in the last decade alone in the hundreds of thousands.

Focusing on the powerfully emotional stories of several young women, the film reveals the systemic cover up of the crimes against them and follows their struggles to rebuild their lives and fight for justice. THE INVISIBLE WAR features hard-hitting interviews with high-ranking military officials and members of Congress that reveal the perfect storm conditions that exist for rape in the military, its history of cover-up, and what can be done to bring about much needed change.

Did anyone saw this shocking documentary ?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
sorry if it was already posted on ATS (didnt use the search option)
but its important to share it again
so people know whats going on in the military
and any soldiers can watch their collegue to behave with woman

in all the workplace i have worked in my life
you would dare tell to a girl that she have a nice ...
and its automatic fired

would though that in the military it would be worst then that
sorry to see that they actualy encourage that when they protect the rapist

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is an old story, which needs to be told time and time again. I don’t abide by rape and if I ever had caught somebody committing that act, I would probably have killed them on the spot. And spend the rest of my life in Leavenworth.

That said, there are women in the military who do use sex as a means to get ahead…it’s wrong as well.

I have never been accused of rape (as I didn’t date within the ranks) but have been falsely accused of sexual harassment. I treated the females within my Det just as I did the males, no ands, ifs or buts. Profanity included.

I hurt quite few feelings. But my job was to make sure they did their job.

I know of one girl who had an affair with the First Sergeant and when he refused to divorce his wife, she leveled charges of rape against him. They were both in the wrong in my opinion. I saw the whole thing. She chased him, flirted with him and he succumbed.

It ended his career and she went on her merry way. She should have been punished as well. It says so in the UCMJ, but it just was not politically correct to punish her.

Do rapes happen in the military? Yep, they sure do. But the victims need to come forth and be strong, despite everything and continue until they get justice. Some do, but many do not. That saddens me.

My last Commanding Officer before I retired was forced out due to a sexual case. I don’t know the particulars (nor would I post them here), but as a Officer, if he knew or even thought of someone being raped within his Command, he should have stepped on the offender like a bug.

I don’t know if he was charged with the assaults or was one that helped cover it up.

He was forcibly retired. In my opinion, he should be the one in Leavenworth. If for anything, not speaking out or condoning it.

It took these women 7 years to get their justice, but they kept at it.

And no, I don’t really think that justice was served.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for sharing that Trex
im sure you were a good soldier and you still are !

has for myself .. if i ever caught someone abusing someone
i would take my punisher skull and put it on my face for a moment
and let my big imagination do the punishment
it is all our responsabilities to make sure we protect good people against bad people

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

How come when a man loses his job doing things he knows is wrong, for example, the first sergeant is supposed to be someone of extreme integrity -- but the girl is the one you blame for almost everything.

She was outranked, had zero authority, I assume. He is in a liable position, period.
He is the liaison between the officers and enlisted. Why should he get to grab ass at work and not get into trouble? He is supposed to set a stellar example, even try harder than the commander to keep his nose clean, as he has to keep others' clean too.

Serves him right for stooping to her gutter trash level, they are cut from the same cloth.
Did he judgment suddenly cease functioning? Why did he pursue her on the job?
Why was she able to do this, if he didn't arm her to do it?

He was wrong to cheat on his wife, end of story, glad that trash is out of the Air Force.
You know, my boss and I were in love in the air force... but we never had sex.
It took a lot of willpower to keep that from happening, but in the end, we preserved our integrity.

A first sergeant should not be such a fool!

Rape is WRONG, there is no grey area, blurry line.
If you are chasing the kind of girl who uses people for sex, you need your head checked.
Maybe a military girl (with those combative ambitious hormones going) isn't the right person for a male troop to date.

From experience.
edit on 25-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Totally agree with your post. At no time was I defending his actions. He made his bed. It was Army by the way.

She should have been punished as well. But she wasn't. And she wasn't raped. during the investigation she admitted that all sex was consensual.

There is a reason why the Regs say that there can be no relationship between superiour and subordinate.

They both knew it was wrong, but only one was prosecuted.

That sets a precedent. I've seen it time and time again.

Good for you for being the professional. We need more like you.
edit on 25-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'll probably get flamed to high hell for this but here it goes. This is why women should not be allowed in the military. It is a mans military and it always will be. It's been this way since the beginning mankind. Males do the fighting and the females take care of the homefront. I'm not saying women are incapable of being soldiers, but putting men and women in close quarters like this is asking for nothing but trouble. In a perfect world this co-ed concept is a great idea, but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and rape is a very sad part of male human behavior. I've tried and tried to imagine how someone could justify doing this to another human being. I just can't wrap my head around it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

It's a shame that I have to agree with you, but I do. At least for combat areas where stress runs high.. it may or may not be better in non-combat related positions such as the Air Force. You can say the Army needs to crack down on this left and right, but it doesn't matter.. assume that every case was tried and the criminal punished: It still happened. And will happen. It's our species nature..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Totally agree with your post. At no time was I defending his actions. He made his bed. It was Army by the way.

She should have been punished as well. But she wasn't. And she wasn't raped. during the investigation she admitted that all sex was consensual.

There is a reason why the Regs say that there can be no relationship between superiour and subordinate.

They both knew it was wrong, but only one was prosecuted.

That sets a precedent. I've seen it time and time again.

Good for you for being the professional. We need more like you.
Sorry, it's a sore subject -- didn't mean to flame you.

It's hard with women at work, esp if it's a new situation.. i.e. not done before! I for example was the first woman in my Guidance and Control shop, and the men were not prepared (kind of like warcraft expansion).

sometimes people do fall in love at work, and that is distracting to say the least.
others just want to date for sex and experience and end up fighting, drawing people into it.
it's all very shallow. life is hard to navigate. people in the Mil are often there because they didn't know what else to do!

IMO the best way to handle affairs is to hide it from the co-workers completely -- if people choose to engage in it,
just like a magician they need to keep the people distracted from what's happening. @.@

I found the work relationships, even in other depts, to be harmful to morale.

Also some people are soooooo paranoid about sexual harassment, they don't wanna be your friend.
And those who are very friendly, southern people, can get misinterpreted by idiots like me.

@.@

You wanna know something funny? The woman (captain i think) on my former base who handled sexual complaints had a daughter. She joined the shop next to mine and OMG she was naughty.
She talked really dirty and I figure she got around the carousel some. But she handled it.

I was always too terrified of sex etc. to really be effective LMAO

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by TheLonewolf

It's a shame that I have to agree with you, but I do. At least for combat areas where stress runs high.. it may or may not be better in non-combat related positions such as the Air Force. You can say the Army needs to crack down on this left and right, but it doesn't matter.. assume that every case was tried and the criminal punished: It still happened. And will happen. It's our species nature..
In the 60s people really wanted everyone to know,

sex is not a crime.

Maybe our country has a bad view on it.

I kind of agree with your assessment... but then again, there is no situation where rape is justified.
How could it be comforting to anyone to have committed rape against another human?
Especially on the front lines. How could one attack a fellow American?? WTF

Are men determined also to strip women of humanity as well as right to defend country?
edit on 25-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I didn't take it personal, so no offense taken.

I have seen people fall in love at work and keep it out of the workplace.

They are far and few between though.

Usually it ends up as drama of sort or as the OP suggested, even worse.

As a guy, and I'm sure there are others out there like me, have misinterpreted a womens signals.

Ya know? lean in for a kiss and the girl backs off and says, "what are you doing?" followed by the five words most guys hate. "I just wanna be friends."

Makes for some awkward moments.

Those awkward moments are survivable, but there are idiots out there who get offended. The old, "She led me on" or "asked for it" line.

Those guys need to be casterated without anesthesia.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Rape is sickening . Any rape case proven should result in castration .
But having men and women in the theater of war when every day could be their last day could cloud primal urges / logic . I would bet that there is as many men who were scared that today might be their last day on earth as there are women in the military . The men see a willing female and think nothing more of it , but the female survives that day and regrets the night before , thus accuses the man of rape.
I know it happens in civilian life , think about what its like when every day could be your last day

new topics

top topics

join