It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. OUIJA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
**Have any of you had any strange happenings while playing with a Ouija Board? I'm anxious to know. I have played with them before but have never had a paranormal experience.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I'd note to be helpful, there are threads on this once or twice a month and a few in the past few months have been extensive and very informative to what some have experienced.

Personally. Yeah, I've used them. Yes, they work. Yes..they work TOO well sometimes and the blow back can be bad. It can be exceptionally dangerous, depending on just what the people using it manage to draw the attention of. I don't pretend to know HOW they work, but they do and ...carelessly or foolishly used...can get innocent people hurt.

Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

REAL supernatural experience? No. I have had some cool stuff happen but I don't believe it's spirits guiding my hand. Ok, Here's my take on it. Could be total hogwash, who knows right. I believe that every second of every day is recorded by our sub conscience. What people are talking about next to you is recorded even if you're not paying attention. The bird that just flew over head that was barely perceivable was recorded even if you didn't notice. And every coincidence in you life logged. In other words, every experience since birth is recorded up to the second and in the finest detail. What the Ouija (meaning yes yes Oui-Yes in french, Ja-Yes in German) does, IMHO, is help you focus those thoughts, to pick out any detail that is needed to form an answer. So, if you can't focus enough or not comfortable enough it probably wouldn't work. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Derren Brown > Ouija board.

YouTube it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by resoe26

REAL supernatural experience? No. I have had some cool stuff happen but I don't believe it's spirits guiding my hand. Ok, Here's my take on it. Could be total hogwash, who knows right. I believe that every second of every day is recorded by our sub conscience. What people are talking about next to you is recorded even if you're not paying attention. The bird that just flew over head that was barely perceivable was recorded even if you didn't notice. And every coincidence in you life logged. In other words, every experience since birth is recorded up to the second and in the finest detail. What the Ouija (meaning yes yes Oui-Yes in french, Ja-Yes in German) does, IMHO, is help you focus those thoughts, to pick out any detail that is needed to form an answer. So, if you can't focus enough or not comfortable enough it probably wouldn't work. What do you think?

So do you not believe in spirits?
I like your take on it! I wonder though if your theory is true. What seems odd though is people seem to have stories of poltergeists from these Parker Brothers boards...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Derren Brown > Ouija board.

YouTube it.

I love Derren Brown, he's a brilliant mentalist and psychologist. He's one of my favorites of all time and I'd probably maim someone just to get to attend a show if he decides to go that route again with his stage shows.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I like your take on it! I wonder though if your theory is true. What seems odd though is people seem to have stories of poltergeists from these Parker Brothers boards...

I can't help but wince when people say this and I've always felt Parker Brothers ought to pay a price in terms of customer support and social backlash for making these and marketing them as no more serious than Monopoly or Clue.

Well, in a pinch one night friends and I made a fully functional Ouija from a glass top coffee table, post-it notes on the underside to represent the Alphabet and number set with a a mickey mouse planchet we spent about 20 minutes making from what was at hand. Someone who knew no better would have fallen over laughing......until it worked as well as any ornate and old board I've seen made from the wood properly and lovingly located in just the right place, from just the right type of environment.

It says board game...and that ought to be criminal negligence in false advertising IMO. It's as much a game as Russian Roulette.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I played with one quite a few times when I was pregnant...which was 8 years ago. I kept wanting to play with it with my friends.

At first we would just a ask a few questions and it would move on it's own. It was a strange feeling.

I promised my husband and our room mates that we wouldn't play with it inside.

So one day my husband was at work and the room mates were gone and me and my friend decided that we would ask one question and be done. My friend did not believe it would work and she thought all the other times I had played with it that I was moving it.

So we both put four fingers on it and I said if there is anything in here we would like to ask you a question....then I asked are you here to harm us?

It shot to yes so fast that me and my friends hands flew off of it because it frightened us on how fast it moved.

So that night I wake up and my husband is on the floor crying. I asked him what was wrong,did you have a nightmare? He said it sure didn't seem like a nightmare.

He told me that a black figure was standing in the corner speaking backwards and then started moving towards him. He said the feeling it was giving him was the most terrifying feeling he had ever felt.

I then told him what I had done.

So we just threw the game away.

I don't think you should play with them. Everything I've read about them is not good.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Interesting! I have a ouiji board in my basement but it hasn't been used but once and that was multiple years ago. I wonder if its doing harm being there anyways without use? I myself have experienced a shadowy figure in the corner of a room, when I was very little. NOT FUN. I feel for your husband.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

To tell you the truth I don't know if I believe in spirits. I'm leaning more towards the parallel dimensions and different planes of existence due to different vibrational frequencies. But I never really experienced one or the other with out a shadow of a doubt so I can't really say. But to me one is as interesting as the other. The scientific approach has more appeal to me though.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by natalia

Interesting! I have a ouiji board in my basement but it hasn't been used but once and that was multiple years ago. I wonder if its doing harm being there anyways without use? I myself have experienced a shadowy figure in the corner of a room, when I was very little. NOT FUN. I feel for your husband.

I too had the same thing happen. But I was not playing with a ouija board at all. This happened at a time when my wife and I were having some extreme difficulties with our marriage. We are both really young so I guess it's common? Anyways, one evening after drinking heavily and fighting/arguing we went to sleep.
---I woke up around 3 am and rolled over just to glance at her for no apparent reason (half asleep). I noticed a dark figure standing in the corner of my room. I was shocked. I sat up quickly and rubbed my eyes thinking my mind was playing tricks on me.... But it didn't disappear. I just stared at it for a about 10 seconds then decided to myself that I should just lay back down and go to sleep.... And I did pretty quickly!

Many strange things happened at that apartment while I was at work and my wife was there with my infant son (who is now 2 years old). As a matter of fact, all my neighbors have had strange things happen at that renovated apartments.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by resoe26

To tell you the truth I don't know if I believe in spirits. I'm leaning more towards the parallel dimensions and different planes of existence due to different vibrational frequencies. But I never really experienced one or the other with out a shadow of a doubt so I can't really say. But to me one is as interesting as the other. The scientific approach has more appeal to me though.

So do you think it is possible that upon death, we are entering a different dimension of existence?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Well, our bodies function because of the energy that drives us. Energy can not be destroyed only transformed. So upon the failure of our body, the energy can longer be contained or is no longer needed for this body. So, that energy gets redistributed evenly through out the universe to be recycled by some other process. So, if that energy is in fact the soul I wouldn't see why we couldn't enter an other plain of existence.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you Wrabbit2000. I wince when I hear of others "playing" with a ouija board. How ever, I do have a bit different view point. It is not just the ouija board, but any medium used to make contact with the "other side". My mother, as a teen, used to gather with her friends to play what they thought was a harmless parlor trick called Table Walking.

In this "game" everyone stood around a regular kitchen type table and placed both hands, palms down on the top surface. Then, they would all "focus on the table" and think dance. The table would literally jump up and down and move around the room, actually leaving the ground. Mom played this game many times when her friends would come over until one evening, when her grandmother was visiting. When mom's grandmother discovered what they were doing, she went into a bedroom, closed the door and prayed that God's spirit would prevail and that satan would be overcome. Mom and the other girls did not know what her grandmother was doing, however, they did witness the table drop to the ground and would no longer move. Game over.

Any time we open ourselves to the "other side" we open our selves to the unknown.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've used one before - most of the time it worked.
Personally, I'm not sure I was communicating with spirits but perhaps it was more my inner-self that I was getting through to. Who knows.

If you use it with other people, can you be sure they aren't moving it themselves? As much as you trust them and and much as even they don't want to move it, can they resist the temptation?

I haven't had any negative experiences from it but then again I do not approach it as a game.

If you're going to use it, go into it straight after meditating so you are in a relaxed and lucid state, visualise strong positive energy around you and don't ask it stupid questions. Have a reason to use it that isn't just "let's play a spooky game!" or else you're going to get some malicious energy attracted to your fear, the negative energy you already associate to the board and your naivety.

It can be used for really positive situations, a great tool in developing your spiritual powers and also for doing inner work

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A OUIJA board or any other kind of divination tool modifies your expectations and perceptions of the way things work in the world. And because reality is created by and responds to your perceptions, if you fiddle with these things long enough your reality will change. Simple as that.

Now, whether those changes are "good" or "evil" also depends on your expectations and perceptions and the context in which you want to put them. The problem is always going to be that it's essentially impossible for us to go into something new with a clean slate, and unbiased mind, and no expectations at all. All of our old fears and religious training and fictions that we carry around in our heads can pop out when we least expect it. That's when the "demons" come out. It doesn't matter if they're real or not. (Define reality for me.) As rational and intelligent as we can try to be, there's no good way to get completely rid of the old demons.

edit on 23-10-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I suggest "playing" with yourself.

That sounded horrible but you know what I mean.

You just have to make sure you are ready for what will happen.

When something does, and you can't blame anyone else moving it, it will be a lifechanging experience...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kryton

kryton you are correct. My sister and I used the ouija when we were kids. I found it fascinating but tired of it quickly, but my sister was hooked. When she couldn't get me to participate any longer, she would sit for hours with the board and planchit asking questions. After a period of several months I noticed she was no longer using the ouija and I asked her why. She told me that after awhile the spirit told her she would no longer need the board to communicate, that he would come in person and speak with her, all she needed to do was will it to happen.

All the time my sister was living at home, she would tell me about the entities visits and about the things they would talk about. My sister has told me many times, she will wake up and the entity is standing over her while she is sleeping. He is a black whisp from the armpits up. He has never physically harmed her, but he does like to scare and torment her. My sister is in her 60's now and the last time I spoke with her about it, he was still there.

Be careful what you open, it can be almost impossible to shut.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Get a bunch of friends around, set up your ouija, let 1 person sit out to take notes, blindfold all the participants and watch the randomness commence!! £100 says you'd be lucky to get even 1 word spelt correctly or that makes sense!! The problem with the good old Victorian parlour game is the human brain starts to make connections extremely fast so when the little old pointer goes to a couple of letters, subconsciously we are already making words in our heads that fit, things we know, people we know etc. Its just a matter of who gets to push the planchette first to fulfill their particular subconscious thought

top topics

<<   2 >>

join