It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Secret Societies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've been all over the internet and in a million and one libraries and still I cant find any information about secret societies for women....

does anyone know of any???if you can even tell me???

[edit on 19-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well I don't know how secret this society is ... but you can check out this co-masonry. I actually found it browsing around here on ATS!

Co-Masonry

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
see the thing is....i have no masons (if that is the correct way of sayin it) in my family or further back in my family tree, so according to what ive read about masonic societies i cant join...or be a candidate to join( sorry if i am not wordin things correctly)

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I know there is a sister sect. of Skull & Bones. Im not sure what they are called though one of them wrote a book about their male counterparts.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParadiseHennessY
I've been all over the internet and in a million and one libraries and still I cant find any information about secret societies for women....

does anyone know of any???if you can even tell me???

Ever heard about Germaine Greere (speling)?

Converting a world of lovely women into vengeful feminists. Man I hate her (not use of 'man' - I don't think chairman is sexist).

She recently came to my area and I found what she says just weird. Why the hell did they decide to burn bras? It was an invention made BY women FOR women to help in their never ending vanity and fear of gravity.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

see the thing is....i have no masons (if that is the correct way of sayin it) in my family or further back in my family tree, so according to what ive read about masonic societies i cant join...or be a candidate to join( sorry if i am not wordin things correctly)

You dont need to have a family member to join, but I think you need a 'recommender' and an 'avoucher' to join. The only requirments I heard of are to be male, 21 years or older, holding a belief in a Supreme Being

I think they might have a female sect. for women mason

There are some masons on here that would know more then me though.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

If female only or comasonry follows at least that tradition, all you have to do is ASK. You do not need a masonic family.

Look up Le Droit Humane (Humaine?).

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I was going to suggest the Eastern Star - I've had some relatives who belonged in the past - then discovered that they require Masonic affiliation (although from a wide range of relations)...this is from their website:

Eastern Star Membership

Who may join: Only men who are Masons are eligible and only women with specific Masonic affiliation may be members. These affiliations include:

* Affiliated Master Masons in good standing,
* the wives
* daughters
* legally adopted daughters
* mothers
* widows
* sisters
* half sisters
* granddaughters
* stepmothers
* stepdaughters
* stepsisters
* daughters-in-law
* grandmothers
* great granddaughters
* nieces
* great nieces
* mothers-in-law
* sisters-in-law

and daughters of sisters or brothers of affiliated Master Masons in good standing, or if deceased were in good standing at the time of their death; as well as members - either active for three(3) years or majority - of the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls or of the International Order of Job's daughters, each of whom having attained to at least the age of eighteen (18) years, are eligible to membership in the Order of the Eastern Star.

How to join: To inquire about membership, talk to a current member, or contact a local chapter. To find chapters in your area, contact the Grand Secretary of that state or province. Petitions are carefully read, eligibility investigated and election to membership must be by unanimous vote. The Order strives to select persons of mental, moral and spiritual quality who will work together in harmony to perform its objectives.

I was once a junior member of the Knights as Pythias...I seem to recall that their sister organization was open to anyone, and in fact that's what their website says: www.pythias.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What you wrote is the truth, but, and I am not Star so I do not know this of my own experience, but I have been told that if you ask, most Eastern Star groups willl allow you to join without a masonic family member... or, since we are all related one way or the other, you can simply tell them I am a cousin...

Theron Dunn
Junior Warden
Evergreen Lodge #259
Riverside, Ca

Either way, good luck.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
thank you for the info everyone that wrote....
although these are ones that i have found already....(not sarcastic or rude in anyway)...
If there are any others that you know of...with maybe african american roots....???or just plain african roots?? as well as anymore non-specific ones..that would be great...

i just want to kinda have a look at things that are really of interest to me and that i can find i have a common belief in!!

thank you again

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Are you a university student? If so, is there a sorority you think you'd be interested in?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Uhhh women are a secret society. Why do you think they always go to the bathroom together?
Remember the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I wonder if there is such a thing as Prince Hall Co-Masonry?

From what I understand Prince Hall Masonry is predominantly African-American.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
umm i live in canada and there arent any sororities here that i can say i firmly believe in>>>not as in religious belief....as in what they are doin...philanthropy wise and so forth...

and I read in another forum that prince hall masonry has white members>>>and as far as i can see is predominently MALE...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
[edit on 19-10-2004 by intrepid]

Sorry if I offended anyone. I thought that folk on this site may have a sense of humour

[edit on 19-10-2004 by BillyTheCat]

[edit on 19-10-2004 by BillyTheCat]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

umm i live in canada and there arent any sororities here that i can say i firmly believe in>>>not as in religious belief....as in what they are doin...philanthropy wise and so forth...

and I read in another forum that prince hall masonry has white members>>>and as far as i can see is predominently MALE...

Freemasonry is a fraternity, hence it has ALL MALE members. The idea I brought to the table is that

a) from what I have read, Prince Hall Masonry is PREDOMINANTLY (mostly, as in not quite all) African American, as per your question, and

b) perhaps there is a Co-Masonry (that admits women) that is affiliated with Prince Hall lodges.

So what are you looking for, an African American female secret society that does not admit whites or men? Good luck.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
to the axeman:

i am lookin for a secret female organization or sisterhood....
i did understand what you were sayin, in regards to prince hall masonry and co masonry sect's....
i was just asking the question....is there a predominantly black organization....not because i have anythin againts predominantly white organizations...its just that i may feel more comfortable..thats all....

if there are any predominently black sisterhoods...that are not sororities....it be great if i could kno about them...if not i wanted to find out if there are any female Secret societies...

and i hope i didnt offend anyone...

and thank you for the information

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Going through this thread ... I started thinking. Do you want to be involved in a female secret society? And if so ... why?

Hey ... maybe you could start your own! Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

i am lookin for a secret female organization or sisterhood...

The thing with secret societies is that they are secret. If there were any, nobody would know but the members, and they wouldn't tell you because... Shhh! It's a secret!

All joking aside, the only ones I know of have been suggested already. What are your reasons for wanting to find what you seek? Pehaps if we had some insight as to why you are looking for such an organization, we could help more.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

secret societies are not actually secret in that sense. the names of memebers and the name of the society are traditionally public (and often times the location as well). the only thing secret about them is their activities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join