It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Prisoner Leah Lynn Plante Released!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A follow up to this amazing story and an even more amazing girl for standing her ground:

Girl sent to Fed Prison for year and a half for refusing to testify

And now she's out!

Not too much info as of yet but you can be sure that the news will be flooding the net for days and weeks to come.
www.activistpost.com...

At this point it is unclear how this turn of events has transpired, but it is highly possible that the video that Leah made before she went to jail touched so many people that they felt compelled to write and flood the court with calls. When Leah made the viral video last week, her friends were already in jail and since they didn't appear in the video people who didn't pay close attention or dig deeper into the story may not have realized that she was one of three people caught up in the same mess.

She knows that many will think she turned and rolled over so she wants to make sure people know in advance that she hasn't changed her stance.

Today on her Tumblr page supporters made a statement to clear the air, and assure everyone that she has still not cooperated with authorities.

Read her Statement here:
They kept this violent criminal prisoner in solitary confinement and threatened to keep her there for 18 Months.

She spent her whole time in SHU / Administrative Detention (solitary confinement) and was told that that is where she would stay for the duration of her incarceration, up to 18 months. She was classified as “different” from Matt and Kteeo.

Different? Maybe they seen her as dangerous to the 300lb guards walking around with guns and protective body armor?

Such a Monster!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Now she can join the fight against NDAA... Good news!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

All three are now being held in U.S. federal prison, not because they are being punished for crime, but, as the National Lawyers Guild's executive Heidi Boghosian told me earlier this year, "to coerce cooperation".

I highly doubt such a thing is even legal, especially up to 18 months. What ever happened to the right to remain silent? Honestly...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
And before anyone mentions the NDAA and indefinite detention, that law does not apply to her because she would need to be classified as a terrorist, nor does it appear she was being held under NDAA provisions.
edit on 20/10/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by jude11

All three are now being held in U.S. federal prison, not because they are being punished for crime, but, as the National Lawyers Guild's executive Heidi Boghosian told me earlier this year, "to coerce cooperation".

I highly doubt such a thing is even legal, especially up to 18 months. What ever happened to the right to remain silent? Honestly...

Any rights thought to be sacred and held true started disappearing with Bush and then increased even more so with whathisname.

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Perhaps why the ugly little toad is no longer jailed.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Perhaps why the ugly little toad is no longer jailed.

Well how long was she actually held in detention?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

edit on 20-10-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is good news!

They must have seen my signature...

edit on 10/21/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
This is good news!

They must have seen my signature...

I know!

It really was all about your signature...

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Her Statement for those that haven't seen it:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by jude11

When you are granted amnesty for any testimony you do not have a right to remain silent. You only have the right to remain silent if and only if your testimony could possibly cause you to incriminate yourself.

top topics

join