It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else see a strange ripple effect in the air?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Was wondering if any of you have noticed a strange see-through rippling effect in the air at times (inside and outdoors/cold and warm weather)? The closest I can compare it to is like the ripples of a heat wave on a hot summer day or the shimmering effect that radiates above anything hot like radiators. Sometimes when I see it, the whole thing can swirl around and move more - on such occasions I might realise a fly has just flown past me and seems to impact this see-through swirling 'stuff'. But other times, after close inspection of the room I'm in, there is nothing, no flies - seemingly nothing to cause that rippling stuff to swirl and shift about.

I also see that static effect that I've heard mentioned on other threads. Also the darting around 'microscopic creature' type things that dart about, noticible especially when looking up at the sky. I also see what I call 'dings', flashes of light that can vary in colour and size. Sometimes they look orb like. Also unusual fast movements in my peripheral vision like something is there, but when I look there's usually nothing.

I have had my vision tested numerous times since experiencing this phenomena (had this for many years, but seems to be intensifying more in recent times). I had the eye pressure test, that was fine. The optician said I had 20/20 vision. I don't have any medical problems that would cause these effects. Also I have floaters as well, these are completely different to the other phenomena and just float about in relation to eye movement.

Anyway, I would love to hear from others who have noticed this rippling effect in the air and the 'movements'.

Thanks,

Aelf

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What's interesting is that in the past I have read numerous testimonies from people involved in the Philadelphia Experiment, Montauk and other classified projects that time warping looks like the effect you described.

Some people have even mentioned that when the U.S.S. Eldridge was going through the experiment that there was a wave (like a heat wave) wrapped around it, then it disappeared.

Where did you see this? How high up was it? Any sound at all? Did you notice anything different afterward? How large was the effect, estimate?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede
Was wondering if any of you have noticed a strange see-through rippling effect in the air at times (inside and outdoors/cold and warm weather)? The closest I can compare it to is like the ripples of a heat wave on a hot summer day or the shimmering effect that radiates above anything hot like radiators. Sometimes when I see it, the whole thing can swirl around and move more - on such occasions I might realise a fly has just flown past me and seems to impact this see-through swirling 'stuff'. But other times, after close inspection of the room I'm in, there is nothing, no flies - seemingly nothing to cause that rippling stuff to swirl and shift about.

I also see that static effect that I've heard mentioned on other threads. Also the darting around 'microscopic creature' type things that dart about, noticible especially when looking up at the sky. I also see what I call 'dings', flashes of light that can vary in colour and size. Sometimes they look orb like. Also unusual fast movements in my peripheral vision like something is there, but when I look there's usually nothing.

I have had my vision tested numerous times since experiencing this phenomena (had this for many years, but seems to be intensifying more in recent times). I had the eye pressure test, that was fine. The optician said I had 20/20 vision. I don't have any medical problems that would cause these effects. Also I have floaters as well, these are completely different to the other phenomena and just float about in relation to eye movement.

Anyway, I would love to hear from others who have noticed this rippling effect in the air and the 'movements'.

Thanks,

Aelf

Any history of mental illness (this is no insult by the way, just a question)? Certain mental disorders can cause visual and even auditory hallucinations. A disorder that is psychological and organic can cause visual anomalies due to a problem with how the brain takes in external stimuli and processes it, such as bright flashes and color anomalies in one's line of vision.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

I have had similar incidents. When I went to get checked out by my family doctor he said that sometimes fluctuations in blood pressure can cause this sort of visual effect. Since you checked out okay with the optometrist I would suggest you start getting your blood pressure monitored to see if the visual effects coincide with rises or drops in your blood pressure. Before you investigate paranormal causes I would investigate all the medical possibilities first.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Per the tiny dots, I have the same thing, it's Blue field entoptic phenomenon, or basically, seeing the highlighted shadows of white blood cells in the eye. For the ripples, that, I do not have an answer for. You're not hallucinating, or crazy, or have anything wrong at all. Check wikipedia for a deeper explaination.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I noticed this the clouds looked so weird and it seemed the sky was warped with a ripple.

I think i took some film lemme check real quick brb

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I also see what I call 'dings', flashes of light that can vary in colour and size. Sometimes they look orb like. Also unusual fast movements in my peripheral vision like something is there, but when I look there's usually nothing.

I have been experiencing something similar to you (not everything, just the part I quoted above).

Just every now and then I will get what I would describe as a circular flash of light. For instance, I will be sitting and reading something on the computer and in my peripheral vision I will see, for only a split second, this circular flash of light. Sometimes larger sometimes smaller. Not sure if this what you are seeing also but it seems like it from your description of the "dings".

Also, I have noticed some fast movements in my peripherals as you have described. I see it, then look directly at it and nothing is there.

This has only been occurring for me recently, like maybe within the last 2 months. Doesn't happen everday but has happened enough for me to take notice of it.

I haven't really looked into it at all, which now that I think about it, is a bit strange for me. I think I will now.

Also I have floaters as well, these are completely different to the other phenomena and just float about in relation to eye movement.

I think these "floaters" are pretty common, well for limited times. If you are seeing them at all times that isn't very common. I am not sure about them but I kinda remember someone once explaining to me that they are actually the rods and cones inside your eye? I have no clue though, just kinda remember hearing that once.

edit on 19-10-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I had some very strange visual effects, had me worried for a while. Eventualy I realised it was always at its worst when I used my mobile a lot.
It rare that I use my phone fo calls, usualy just texts, then my father was taken ill and I spent a few hours talking to relatives and the effects got worse and I realised it was connected. Now if I have a call I use the speakerphone option, and I've not had a single problem since.

Try not putting you phone near your head for a week and see if the visuals stop.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Hello there.
I have what optometrists call "floaters" in my vision. I don't know why I got "lucky" and developed these floaters (as it started in childhood).

Although no one has explained to me what exactly floaters are, i have my own theories, lmao.

~Retina Damage (looking at sun? had electroshock I don't remeber? etc)
~fever (been sick LOTS at least when kid)
~diet (some people cannot tolerate ASPARTAME etc)
~parasites? ick
~foreign material (pebble, stick, metal?)
~dehydration?

OOH. Okay, Wikipedia actually says, the "vitreous humor" gets all aged and weird... lmao.
And when imperfections form in the middle of your eye, the SHADOWS from these lesions hit your retina.

Maybe this is something that modern surgery can help us with.
As an adult, my floaters are starting to become very dark, some are almost black, and i am afraid!

GL with your floaters, let's beat em LOL
edit on 19-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

P.S. to answer question about peripheral vision,
yes they are far more startling from the side.
Because the ROD CELLS in our eyes are more sensitive to light when we are not looking directly at an object.

it's worse than seeing a ghost lmfao
edit on 19-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Floaters are little blobs of blood.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I get similar effects when I have an aural migraine. It usually takes around fifteen minutes and just has the ripples and flashes, but other time I get shimmering zig zag lines that obscure my vision, and occasionally my vision breaks up entirely and I can't see at all. That happened during a layover in Oahu last year and lasted a good half hour or more and I was worried it was going to result in a full migraine and ruin my vacation, but I took some Excedrine Migraine strength and it went away.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've experienced everything you've described; visual snow, waves in the air, 'dings' as you call them, random sparks of light that are usually blue but sometimes other colors. I don't know if these are separate issues or a syndrome or what causes it but it does seem to be increasing in frequency.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

I get shimmering zig zag lines that obscure my vision, and occasionally my vision breaks up entirely and I can't see at all.

Those zigzag lines are what i was seeing, its all stopped since I stopped using my mobile. Are the zigzags something associated with migrain? because I dont suffer migrains.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Here it is

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erowynn
I've experienced everything you've described; visual snow, waves in the air, 'dings' as you call them, random sparks of light that are usually blue but sometimes other colors. I don't know if these are separate issues or a syndrome or what causes it but it does seem to be increasing in frequency.

Believe it or not, blue flashes on the retina can actually be, a very sensitive person, detecting Cherenkov radiation from nuclear effects

en.wikipedia.org...

Cherenkov radiation (also spelled Čerenkov) is electromagnetic radiation emitted when a charged particle (such as an electron) passes through a dielectric medium at a speed greater than the phase velocity of light in that medium. The charged particles polarize the molecules of that medium, which then turn back rapidly to their ground state, emitting radiation in the process. The characteristic blue glow of nuclear reactors is due to Cherenkov radiation. It is named after Russian scientist Pavel Alekseyevich Cherenkov, the 1958 Nobel Prize winner who was the first to detect it experimentally.[1] A theory of this effect was later developed within the framework of Einstein's special relativity theory by Igor Tamm and Ilya Frank, who also shared the Nobel Prize. Cherenkov radiation is sometimes considered to have been predicted by the English polymath Oliver Heaviside in papers published in 1888–1889[citation needed], although Heaviside's prediction considered particles hypothetically moving faster than light in vacuum[citation needed] (which is impossible, according to the modern theory of relativity).

Relativity theory =/= truth btw.
The human body and the human mind are very sensitive instruments...

The frequency spectrum of Cherenkov radiation by a particle is given by the Frank–Tamm formula. Unlike fluorescence or emission spectra that have characteristic spectral peaks, Cherenkov radiation is continuous. Around the visible spectrum, the relative intensity per unit frequency is approximately proportional to the frequency. That is, higher frequencies (shorter wavelengths) are more intense in Cherenkov radiation. This is why visible Cherenkov radiation is observed to be brilliant blue. In fact, most Cherenkov radiation is in the ultraviolet spectrum—it is only with sufficiently accelerated charges that it even becomes visible; the sensitivity of the human eye peaks at green, and is very low in the violet portion of the spectrum.

Hmmmm do you believe in INDIGO people? The is a new age thought, but if you read the above text carefully, you can see that only those very sensitive in the violet part of the visible spectrum would notice smaller Cherevkov bursts

@.@

weird world we live in, eh??

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Does anyone else see a strange ripple effect in the air?

Fred Sanford sure did!

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The other night....maybe Wed. or it could have been Tues. the strangest thing happened to me...

I was in my bathroom doing my business. (pooping) I had my head lowered and all of a sudden I had this feeling of euphoria I have never experienced in my entire life!!

You guys can giggle and make all the jokes you want but I'm being serious.

I raised my head and there was a light or something about two feet in front of me near the sink. It wasn't really a light but it looked like it was bending the light or something. It was maybe a foot or so long and only a few inches wide. Kinda oval in shape. Really now thinking about it I guess you could say it was eye shaped.

Still I had this lingering euphoria but it was fading as was whatever I saw. The thing moved to the left and I tried to follow it but I lost it.

I don't know what it was but man I would sure like to find out!

Never have I seen anything like it or have I ever experienced such a great feeling. I could get addicted to it.

Until I read this thread I was hesitant to say anything even on this site.

Something is happening guys.....

EDIT -

see-through rippling

Exactly how to describe it! Well as close as words can come.
edit on 19-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about looking into the sky and seeing little moving things.
The best i can describe them are water bugs, but a whole lot smaller. I am the same have 20/20 vision, have eye test and pressure testes done routinly. I have seen these since i was little. I even asked my mom about the "little bugs" that make up the sky. She just looked at me weird. I would see them in winter time when no bugs should be out and about flying (use to live in southeast michigan) so i know they are not really bugs.

The dings of light, I see them every so often. Kinda reminds me of a flash bulb going off far in the distance. Sometimes they are blue, but most of the time are yellow/white. I don't see them as much any more.

As for the eye floater things, I see them as well. From what my eye doc told me it has to do with something with the eye either scar tissue or something with the fluids that just builds up and the eye can see them, just can't foucs directly on them.

I am curious about the "sky bugs". Not only do i see them in the sky but also when looking at a white wall, or when i am looking at a white screen.

I work with microscopes (.5x to 1000x) but i dont see them even with bright white light showing on an IC. I do see my reflection of eye junk in the lense pieces sometimes. Which sucks when looking at IC's when trying to find a defect.

The ripple effect you talk about is really interesting. I don't think i ever seen that. Would be cool i think.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuantumAnomaly
Per the tiny dots, I have the same thing, it's Blue field entoptic phenomenon, or basically, seeing the highlighted shadows of white blood cells in the eye. For the ripples, that, I do not have an answer for. You're not hallucinating, or crazy, or have anything wrong at all. Check wikipedia for a deeper explaination.

if the ripples kind of look like shaped like a snake/worm long and skinny and have a coloration like when the Predator is invisible, they are called visual auras, for me its an indicator for migraines. but it is caused by the veins in your brain constricting (dehydration can cause this).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join