It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police use taser on blind man!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I cant believe this
they thought he was carrying a SAMURAI sword? WTF

why are Police becoming so edgy?
its getting beyond a joke!
poor old fella

LINK

A police force has apologised after an officer used a Taser on a blind man whose white stick was mistaken for a sword.

he only wanted go for a few quiet jars!

He was walking to a pub to meet friends on Friday when the officer fired the Taser. It forced him to drop his stick and he fell to the ground, he said.

what a harrowing experience

"It felt like I was grabbing an electricity pylon," he said.

Please police forces, take off your blinkers and use your brains!!!

"We have launched an urgent investigation to understand what lessons can be learned."

really?
they are going to launch an URGENT INVESTIGATION into what lessons can be learned?

edit on 17-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
disgusting, any info on if the police officer in question was punished. If i was the blind man i would press charges against this psycho as what jury in their right mind would believe this guys excuse.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

the only mention of any punishment is that the naughty copper got his taser taken off him...........diddums!

A Lancashire Police spokesman said the incident was being investigated and the officer's Taser had been withdrawn.

there better be more of a punishment than just this

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well I suppose atleast it was a lancashire police officer and not one of his gun toting american cousins. It's just a shame there hasn't been a national outcry over this to put pressure on someone to take action against this complete nutter.
Unfortunatly there seems to be a pattern of these psychos becoming police officers all around the world and I think it is about time we started doing some serious psychological tests on applicants for the police force as it is no good having violent criminals attacking blind people for no reason and then being above prosecution.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Aren't police trained to ASSESS a situation before action or do they just come in with guns ablazin'? Seems like the second option is becoming the norm.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The police did what they had to!!! They did not know he was blind..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

jesus christ are you a copper by any chance?
they maybe didnt know he was blind, but f*kin come on, its not as if the old fella was racing towards them weilding a samurai now is it!

edit on 17-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Omg. Was he swinging the seeing eye cane around or acting like he was using a sword? No... well then even if he had one tazing would be questionable. To say those canes look anything like a sword or are used in any similar manner is goddamned idiotic. I should know, my mom is blind and has had quite a variety of those.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Well I suppose atleast it was a lancashire police officer and not one of his gun toting american cousins. It's just a shame there hasn't been a national outcry over this to put pressure on someone to take action against this complete nutter.
Unfortunatly there seems to be a pattern of these psychos becoming police officers all around the world and I think it is about time we started doing some serious psychological tests on applicants for the police force as it is no good having violent criminals attacking blind people for no reason and then being above prosecution.

I think part of the problem is they ARE doing psychological tests on applicants, and are looking for aggressive psychos....as people become more angry and insist on justice within our governments...the only way to keep them under control will be by using brut force-------------

Good, honest , decent people aren't going to be willing to protect these "gangsters".....this cop is a sadistic psycho who tortured a blind old man who presented no threat to him...even if he did...
"believe" it was a sword...why not just ask the man to drop it?

I listened to an interesting interview a few weeks ago on Alex Jones, he was talking with police, fireman and TSA worker's who were willing to be "whistle blowers" and give some insight on what's going on behind the seens, and these people were freaked out at the types of training and preperation that's coming down the pike...one police officer said he actually saw the new electronic collars they plan to use to round people up, but what really freaked him out was that they come in childrens sizes too...WTF?
edit on 17-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Great another out of control Police Officer is this a joke? Using a taser on a blind man? Holy crap kicking puppies and beating seals next on the agenda?

This is so out of hand and needs it's own forum here on ATS

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It really is craziness, and very scary.....I have shared in other threads my personal experiences with abusive cops.....if they percieve ANY kind of disrepect or questioning of thier authority they will beat you down and in some cases just kill you......to stand up for rights anymore means you have to be willing to die....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

beating seals next on the agenda?

thats already happening

Warning Graphic

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I'm afraid to watch it, as that type of stuff tends to haunt me....but why in the world would cops be beating baby seals?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

no no
my fault, thats not police beating seals, just canadians!
my apologies

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Was going to post this but you beat me to it. This needs more attention in the UK, all it's got is a tiny video at the bottom of the BBC news site, out of sight out of mind? S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Saw this on the news earlier

Absolutely disgusting.... what the **** is wrong with these thugs?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by MountainLaurel

no no
my fault, thats not police beating seals, just canadians!
my apologies

Well Stop that Canadians ! Actually most Canadians seem to be very nice people.....I would be curious to hear from some of them actually about what's happening with the police in thier country? Are things getting as crazy there as the US and UK?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Why does this surprise anyone?

The Police have become more and more aggresive over the last 25 years. Regardless of what some people say, I believe we are living in a Police state.

The Police are trained to warn any member of the public that they are armed with a Taser and that they intend to use it!! It appears in this case the protocol was not followed, not for the first time either.

Nothing will happen with this Police officer, yet it is tantamount to Grevious Bodily Harm. When was the last time a Police officer was taken to court and found guilty of unlawful behaviour relating to their actions against a member of the public?

They tend to protect their own, which leaves me to come to the conclusion that they think they are the law, not there to uphold it!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Canadians seem to be very nice people.....I would be curious to hear from some of them actually about what's happening with the police in thier country? Are things getting as crazy there as the US and UK?

Breach birth in jail, police ignore mothers' cries for help :
www.ctvnews.ca...
^ I found that unacceptable, being Canadian.

edit on 17/10/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Where is your two lines as dictated by TnC? This man had a white cane. I have seen his interview and having cataract surgery just a couple of weeks ago even I could see this gentleman white cane did not look like a Samurai Sword. First clue to the clueless, Samurai Sword is Steel, Blind man cane is WHITE. The colour was chosen so that a speeding motorist can spot blind people and drive accordingly! The news also filmed him walking and only an insane person would not be able to see that he was severely handicapped. The only way you are right is that the Pig in question is as blind as this gentleman is. This victim has had two heart attacks not strokes but heart attacks. The 50 thousand volts could have killed him. The pig then jump on the poor guy when he fell and landed on the ground face down with pig knees in the middle of the back as first contact! Last the pig wrenched this poor innocent victim hands behind his back and snapped those cuffs on so tight that his wrists are still sore and swollen.

I guess the only way you can be educated is to have a loved one treated the same way.....

Oh if you are indeed a pig EXCUSE ME in a Steve Martins voice, Close Ranks Hup two three four....

Funny as an American in the UK I constantly hear that UK Pigs are better than the USA police and how England does not want to be like America.... Hmmmm could have fooled me!

OP I am so outraged after watching this man's interview that I came to ATS to see if his story was written up. Many many thanks for this thread. Stars on each your postings and only one flag to offer you, sorry. To the member I am replying to I wish I had an anti star for you!

I only hope this sick man has someone who cares for him and is now searching for a lawyer as this cop needs to be fired and his pension taken away! The British taxpayer needs to pay this sick man a huge settlement in court - no out of court settlements - PLEASE! Perhaps when the taxes are increased to cover this cost of this settlement then English tax payer will demand this cops job even if the system indeed closes ranks. IMHO and I am angry!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join