It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper "Furious" Over Aboriginals Visit to Iran: Terry Nelson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is a semi-continuation of a previous thread where I discussed the upcoming meeting between Canadian Aboriginal leaders where they planned on talking about possible deals with Iran where the natives provide food for the heavily sanctioned nation of Iran while our natives wanting to strike a deal with Iran to gain its support for their quest for greater oil, gas and mining revenues for aboriginals in Canada.

Harper did not accept the announcement with much happiness.

Former native leader under fire for dealing with Iran

A former Manitoba native leader is being called a pawn in what critics say is a public relations stunt with the Iranian government.

Terry Nelson and a small group of supporters travelled to Ottawa last week to meet with the Iranian ambassador, under the watchful eye of the RCMP.

Nelson wants to strike a deal with Iran to gain its support for his quest for greater oil, gas and mining revenues for aboriginals in Canada.

In return, he would provide food that's grown on native land to the heavily sanctioned country.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Well, Terry Nelson who is a top leader for our Aboriginals is currently in Iran and Harper is unhappy once again according to Mr Nelson. Probably due to Nelson's mention of Canada's human rights abuses.

A top aboriginal leader says the government of Prime Minister Stephen Harper has launched a smear campaign against the Iranian nation and discourages Canadians from visiting Iran

“For us as indigenous people from the Canadian side, for us to be in Tehran, we were absolutely set upon, we were told ‘no, don’t go to Tehran’. But we were pretty clear that the dehumanization, the demonization of the Iranian people has been one of the facts of Western media and we understand that because we too have also met with the crusader,” Terry Nelson, the top Chief of Canada Aboriginals-- also known as First Nations said in an interview with Press TV on Sunday.

The comment comes as Nelson is currently in Tehran to seek help in exposing Ottawa's exploitation and abuse of aboriginal communities.

The top Canadian chief went on to say that indigenous people in Canada need to go outside the country to open up human rights issues, the same thing that Native Americans have done over the years.

presstv.com...

Canada has had a very bad track record when it comes to the treatment of our Natives but in my opinion we have made some progress in the last decade even if it is minimal. The amount of progress is debatable depending on what your perspective on the situation is but there still is a long way to go.

My concern is that if any deals are made between the nation of Iran and Canada's Aboriginals is that they may be charged with some type of crime for violating sanctions or something similar.

How dare the Natives try to feed the starving Iranians and make a bit of money on the side

Harper and friends may be afraid on losing out on some lucrative oil contracts on native land, even though in reality I can't ever see any Iranian companies doing business in Canada, especially since we kicked out their ambassador and consider anyone that is associated with the Iranian regime as global terrorists, and this is coming from our leader who allowed our Air Force to drop bombs on Libya.

Canada is a bigger terrorist than Iran as we have invaded various countries over the years. They said Somalia was a peace keeping mission but it did not turn out that way, they said Afghanistan was a peace keeping mission but ended up becoming a combat mission, and Libya was a complete massacre that we participated in.

So, our great leader Stephen Harper is trying to dictate who our sovereign Aboriginals can and cannot do business with based on greed and hypocrisy. I am not surprised one bit about his reaction to this as it is to be expected from our US/Israeli puppet stooge that we have elected twice. I used to tease my American colleagues for voting Bush in twice but we are just as confused now days.

Since the second source is Press TV many of you might automatically dismiss it, but give it a read as it is very factual and informative.

FURIOUS!

edit on 15-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
anything that pisses off harper makes me and the world smile, what else can i say?

what else can anyone say for that matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I wish he would read all my threads that discuss him.

That would really make my day

Are you reading this Stevie?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the this.

Terry Nelson seems to be a man who understands.

we were told ‘no, don’t go to Tehran’. But we were pretty clear that the dehumanization, the demonization of the Iranian people has been one of the facts of Western media and we understand that because we too have also met with the crusader,”

edit on 15-10-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Fascinating and ingenious. Good for Mr. Nelson.

Here in the US the treatment of Natives has been deplorable over the years as well. This is a shrewd move on Mr. Nelson's part. Suddenly the government is very interested that the "Natives are restless" so to speak.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

what's the legal status of the aboriginals?

i recall a member here posting that in the u.s. natives are not legally human
but when i try to google it, all sorts of crap shows up in the results that keeps me from investigating it any further.

i see you mention sovereignty so how much sovereignty is it?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
People that are repressed can identify with others that are repressed. I applaud the actions of Terry Nelson. He sees an opportunity for both his people and Iranians and he's taking it.
Harper can take a flying leap.
I would love to strap a gun to all these war mongering politicians of the world and put them on the front lines of battle. Of course we won't tell them the clips are full of blanks.
edit on 15-10-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I can see why the Natives would look elsewhere for help. Especially after the word about the Residential Schools got out!

-AS-

edit on 15-10-2012 by AeonStorm because: took out irrelevent content

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I LOVE IT !!!!! S&F for you, I didn't even know this was going on! Anything that forces Harper to show his true colours is good by me. That sack-o-crap Harper, is bed with every corporate pimp in North America he can get his hands on. I'd like to see our native people get a better hand up and if they can do it themselves, I have even more respect for them. The Native Americans have one saving grace over this farce we call government, they are a nation unto themselves within Canada and the US, and can therefore do pretty much anything they want.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I'm not sure on the exact legal status but it probably isn't total sovereignty but they do have more rights than American Natives. There have been several treaties over the years but as I mentioned the progress is debatable and some native bands are happy and some are unhappy.

The UN has condemned us to the point where they were given this sovereignty.

I'm not sure how updated this is but I hope it helps.

www2.brandonu.ca...

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

I have spoke to many victims of those schools during my time and it is just as bad if not worst than they make it out to be. I have seen so many families ripped into pieces and turned into drug addicts and alcoholics due to the suffering they endured. The pain and suffering is still endured generations later.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I'm glad I was able to alert someone who was unaware of this "saga"

Harper is an embarrassment to Canada and I have been following this since I first heard of the original announcement but didn't think anything would happen. I was very surprised to see Nelson in Iran on Press TV

I hope the Canadian natives and Iranians figure out some type of deal which is realistic and achievable and that can benefit both nations as they both deserve support due to all the adversity they face on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Thanks for the this.

Terry Nelson seems to be a man who understands.

we were told ‘no, don’t go to Tehran’. But we were pretty clear that the dehumanization, the demonization of the Iranian people has been one of the facts of Western media and we understand that because we too have also met with the crusader,”

edit on 15-10-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

You're welcome

He is a very wise man and raises many good points but many people won't take this seriously due to the source. Personally I can see past the source and see the wisdom he speaks.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
From one who has totally given up on this country, and merely awaits the comming revolution with anticipation......
its a chuckle to see Harper get by passed by the Native population.....perhaps they have better sight than most other Canadians, and can see the false look behind his empty eyes.......
Theres a real psycho living inside......

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This just appears to be a public relations stunt, as if Iran has any "support" to give in any talks about oil profits.

So the Indians want more do they? I think they get enough, I think they should get off the government dime completely (then go ahead and do whatever you want, I am tired of my tax dollars paying for Indians to live in their "traditional" lifestyle). How about going out and getting a job like the rest of us....and speaking of oil / natural gas proceeds....when do I get my share of all that?

As to the suffering of the Natives.....I blame a lot of that on corrupt Chiefs who take a lot of the money for themselves and their buddies.

Originally posted by stirling
From one who has totally given up on this country, and merely awaits the comming revolution with anticipation......

Oh, a lot of Canadians are waiting, but don't for a second think they support what some of you folk here have in mind.

--------------------------------------

edit:

One other thing - perhaps Canada should make a new program, called the don't like it, get out program. Free airfare to whatever country of your choice (hey, some of you love Iran so much, be my guest and move there)
edit on 15-10-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Although I found your post harsh and don't really agree with the whole thing I do agree with one aspect

As to the suffering of the Natives.....I blame a lot of that on corrupt Chiefs who take a lot of the money for themselves and their buddies.

But I could also tell you countless stories about how the government has severely messed up with its treatment of aboriginals. So there is blame to be had on both sides.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I'm glad I was able to alert someone who was unaware of this "saga"

Harper is an embarrassment to Canada and I have been following this since I first heard of the original announcement but didn't think anything would happen. I was very surprised to see Nelson in Iran on Press TV

I hope the Canadian natives and Iranians figure out some type of deal which is realistic and achievable and that can benefit both nations as they both deserve support due to all the adversity they face on a daily basis.

Well you know what happens now eh? That @sshat Harper and that @ssclown Obama will get together and label American Indians terrorists. Farthest thing from the truth, since they have been the victims of colonial oppression and imperialism/monarchism through a literal genocide project for at least the last 600 years or so. Harper and his bloody cabinet need to be properly investigated by independent parties and if they find treason charges applicable, which I am pretty sure they will, the lot of them need to be tried, sentenced and sentence carried out the green way. Rope is reusable and recyclable last time I checked.

All you have to do is look at the Bills these idiots pass (plus executive orders and signing papers in the US), there's nothing there for the middle class, lower class, you know the 95% of this "still-a-british-colony-they-want-you-to-believe-is-a-country." Everything is done for the politicians, corporations and the bankers. It's kind of funny actually, the Bank of Canada (might as well call it a fraud since it isn't even owned by Canada) is run by one of the biggest crooks in the bankster cartel who hails from Goldman Sucks. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and gullible most Canadians are (present company exempted of course since if we didn't know what was going on, we wouldn't be on ATS LOL).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You buying my ticket? If it weren't for the Israel/US rabid dog barking at their doorstep, I would love to go there.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What is really ironic was The honourable Stephen Harper was in Africa, The Democratic Republic of Congo where he condemed them on human rights issues.......blind leading the blind?

Love the new attack ads against The Harper Goverment...Lying, liars.
brice

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Human rights issues in Canada? For real? This is definitely one of the strangest situations I've ever come across on ATS.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join