It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain how every lunar backdrop can be identified on Mauna Kea in Google Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

O.k a little experiment, lets try and rule out Mauna Kea as a site where the Apollo footage may have been filmed.

Do this for yourselves and spend 5 minutes checking images against the apollo mountain backdrops..

You may be in for a shock!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Those hills or whatever do not resemble the moon pictures - did you look at them? Find an exact fit if you're going to open this can of worms.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I hope that those two were not the best you could find.
I'm not seeing that much that's dead-on.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

This is a collaboration project submit your best enteries.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Because hills have a tendency to look like other hills.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rolfharriss

O.k a little experiment, lets try and rule out Mauna Kea as a site where the Apollo footage may have been filmed.

Do this for yourselves and spend 5 minutes checking images against the apollo mountain backdrops..

You may be in for a shock!

You should try ruling out the Moon as the location of the Apollo footage first.... I won't be shocked but I'm betting that you will be.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Please explain how every lunar backdrop can be identified on Mauna Kea in Google Earth

Sounds stated as a fact. So, the proof?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I will give him a lot can change in 35 years or so,,,,

but that first image is not a near match,,, towards the left end it is completely different and one of the photos the terrain is angled much different.,,.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
O.k so if I can present an Apollo picture that exactly matches a google earth image from Hawaii to about 90% allowing for erosion then you will consider this proof?

Can I have that in writing first!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by butcherguy

I will give him a lot can change in 35 years or so,,,,

but that first image is not a near match,,, towards the left end it is completely different and one of the photos the terrain is angled much different.,,.
I am sure that there are plenty of 35 year old Mauna Kea photos out there to try to match up if somebody wants to bother.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rolfharriss

Thirty five years is a drop in the bucket of time - it can take 100,000 years for a mountain to *noticeably* erode (not including volcanoes, obviously). But I'm game, let's see a picture that is 90% similar to a moon pic.

Edit - Or as Butcherguy recommends, find an older picture to compare.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rolfharriss

post the pictures/proof you have...... we will judge and determine for ourselves if is indeed proof... im unbiased,,, i have no stake in the outcome,,, i seek truth.... present your case...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've spent quite a bit of time in this area, on top of the mountain is a military base but everything around it is owned by Parker Ranch - I can't believe I'm even entertaining this, but if you wanted to know if it was staged or not, the owners of Parker Ranch would have the answers because they'd have to approve it.

Parker Ranch Headquarters
66-1304 Mamalahoa Hwy.
Kamuela, HI 96743
808-885-7311

www.parkerranch.com...
edit on 15-10-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Many people on this forum believe the landings were a hoax, HOWEVER!!!
If you realy want people to look into this then please offer something a bit more realistic than your OP because its so weak it looks like it was posted by a debunker as an attempt to knock people of the wrong side of the fence.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Occam's Razor: "It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one which makes the fewest assumptions should be selected." Source.

There is quite a bit of unequivocal pieces of evidence that man went to our Moon.

All the samples of rock and soil that were returned.
The pieces of equipment we have left there, including retroreflectors. You can find plenty of images of them now, mostly from the LRO. China's Chang'e 2 has also photographed evidence of Apollo landings, and why would China keep quiet about finding evidence of the US faking it?
The sheer number of conspirators (nearly half a million people) that would have been involved and needed incentive to keep quiet.

Oh, and I've always enjoyed this video:

That's all just the tip of the ice berg.

Finding slightly similar pictures is a really poor argument. It's been done to death, over and over and over again. Not to mention, I'm sure you can find pictures of places on Earth that look similar to other places around the globe. The easiest example I could think of is glaciers or deserts, where man hasn't altered the landscape to suit our needs yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

I've always liked the hammer and the feather drop video.

But I think a much better one for showing conditions on the moon (lack of atmosphere and significant lower gravity) is the Apollo 14 SEQ Bay Pendulum

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Now that is an awesome video! Thanks for sharing it! I had never seen that video before. It's great to see someone actually performed such an experiment to compare the two! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Joking aside please take a look at Google Earth mauna kea, interestingly the first observatory was built in 1970
just in time for when they got carried away with the moon videos.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I've spent quite a bit of time in this area, on top of the mountain is a military base but everything around it is owned by Parker Ranch

No. The summit area of Mauna Kea is not a military base. It is controlled by the University of Hawaii (except for the Mauna Kea Ice Age Natural Area Reserve) under a lease from the State of Hawaii.
edit on 10/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
reply to post by eriktheawful

Now that is an awesome video! Thanks for sharing it! I had never seen that video before. It's great to see someone actually performed such an experiment to compare the two! Thanks for sharing!

You're quite welcome.

It is the one video that tends to be a thorn in the moon hoaxer's side. I've seen all sorts of explanations ranging from video manipulation to green screening, each of which fail because of how the pendulum behaves and how the astronauts are interacting with the equipment.

I've even seen rather devout Moon Hoaxers say: Okay, well that video is real, so they finally got to the moon by Apollo 14, but all the ones before are fake!

edit on 15-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join