It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did '2012' happen a long time ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii
reply to post by Xcalibur254
Right. Wasn't it theorized about a comet that astronomers weren't even aware of yet?

(BTW, nice avatar!)

Found this Mayan "prediction"

At the LatinoLA Site, there is a report of the announcement (circa 2000 AD) by the Mayan elder, Don Alejandro Cirilo Pérez Oxlaj, which includes the following: "...on Dec. 20, 2012, Mother Earth will pass inside the center of a magnetic axis and that it may be darkened with a great cloud for 60 to 70 hours and that because of environmental degradation, she may not be strong enough to survive the effects. "It will enter another age, but when it does, there will be great and serious events. Earthquakes, maremotos (tsunamis), floods, volcanic eruptions and great illness on the planet Earth. Few survivors will be left." Don Alejandro has been sent as a messenger from a council of elders to warn the world that we must change the way we live and take care of Earth. We hope his message resonates with people of all faiths and beliefs."

edit on 13-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: I found a "prediction".

L
L wasted post lady, Xcalibur254 is obsessive about debunking this particular matter to the point of ignoring ANY document, prophecy, etc. he just mindlessly sweeps it off the table and irrationally expects you to do the same via doublethink and play along, funny how he uses an invisibles avatar when previously he used one of a cipherman, [look it up, ignore all the idiots/dupes using it as a username, i'd provide a link but my computer has crashed 3 times already trying to do it for you] makes you wonder.
it's getting tiresome , no, really.

also disregard the other presumptuous "prophets" making the prediction that "nothing will happen"
even when you point out that they are making predictions of their own , it seems to just go over their heads, lol. hardly people you'd want to take advice from.

regardless of whether something happens or not 12/21/2012 is a magical day which you can use to immanentize the eschaton and make your own personal cosmic alignment.
edit on 13-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Yeah...the number 13, at some "gut" level means something.....long story....but freaks me out...was born on the 13th......and wake up at 3-13 am so often, it's beyond wierd......I must be "cursed"....lol....or have something to offer....hope it is the latter....working on figuring this out......yikes......
6 seems to be another very important number too......

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yes....whatever is going to happen, I still have "faith" that it will be a hugh "turning point" for humanity.....personally and collectively......I have lived through a major Earthquake, and you would be amazed at how people DO pull together....I have heard predictions that after 3 days without power and water people will turn on each other...I can tell you our neighborhood and commuity worked it out for 2 weeks...some services even longer.....never underestimate the "spirt" of human beings....♥

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

Don Alejandro isn't exactly the most credible source. Back around 1997 Ian Lungold visited South America. During his time there he had excerpts of John Major Jenkins' book Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 translated to Don Alejandro. After this is when Don Alenjandro started talking about Mayan prophecies and a lot of what he said was almost word for word from Jenkins' work. Even Jenkins', who stood to gain the most from Don Alejandro's prophecies, called him out as a fraud.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

Which one do you want? There are a few. For example there is Quirigua Stela D that refers to a date 400 million years in the future. There are also a number of inscriptions at Palenque that extend into piktuns. This would be about 4000 years in the future.
edit on 10/13/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't know why they hype about 2012. Thirteen is the number we should be looking for, it is sacred. They are one year off, it' supposed to be 2013. I gotta tell you that I want the 2012 hype to keep up, I don't want it to end on December 21st so I'm going to try to get a new trend going. So we need to spread the rumor that scientists can't translate things right, something that is very true, so 2013 will be the new doomsday year. It will get awfully boring if we don't do this after December 22, nobody will believe a doomsday prediction anymore. Go thirteen.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Every claim I have made on this site regarding 2012 has been backed up by sources. Instead of attacking me maybe you should try refuting the sources I have provided. The reason I use an Invisibles avy is because I am a big Grant Morrison fan and The Invisibles is his best work with the possible exception of his run on Doom Patrol. My previous avy was the cover to Steven Wilson's first solo album, Insurgentes.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

And you replied to this on the thirteenth
One of my daughters was born on the twelfth and one on the thirteenth. Next year is some sort of anniversary for people born on the thirteenth but I can't remember what it is called.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Given that the long count calendar measures time periods or cycles and Dec. 2012 is simply marking the winding down of the current cycle and a move into the next one... I don't see the relevance to the 1960's and/or the 1980;s example in the op.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

And you replied to this on the thirteenth
One of my daughters was born on the twelfth and one on the thirteenth. Next year is some sort of anniversary for people born on the thirteenth but I can't remember what it is called.

Wow...that is soo wierd you just said that.....I recently went back east for a family wedding.....and I have two female cousins on my Dad's Isish side, one born exactley the same day as me, except 1 year later and her sis born on the 14th, older then us.....I was JUST thinking of them before I read your post....all of them actually....have a beautiful family in Pittsburg, PA....very different then CA....although my Dad and his Bro made pretty happy lives for us here too...just not the same...was a beautiful trip....family is a powerful thing....

Anyways , your story about your girls just melted me.....nothing like your sister....♥......Of the two cousin's the one born on the 13th work's for the phone company, and is empathetic to the "soul"....helps everyone and every animal you could imagine....the cousin born on the 14th became a doctor...she's cool as hell....but different then her sister....much like me and my sis....anyways....sounds like your girls have a good Daddy....sorry I get so sentimental....touched me....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am not sure why people make it sound like the Mayan knows all, anyway. But this whole calendar thing is just not a big deal, it just one count of a calendar, and then a new one begins. No big deal. What else have the Mayans predicted that was exact, or what news was so fore-telling? It is all just a way to get money out of you, for one thing or another, just like the crystal skulls..gee, that was another scam. THey were charging money to see this on tour, really? Think about it all for a minute, if it is a "genuine" miracle or faith or holy or Godly, it would be free.
The Mayans did horrendous types of evil to one another. They were not more "blessed" or all seeing.
I am sorry, but I do not buy into anything Mayan. It is a ploy.
Now, back to the thread about 2012, the calendar is off approximately 28 to 30 years(we are dating ahead) that too is from the changing of the calendar so randomly, that time was "lost" or miscalculated.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Mother Nature is going to do what she is going to do, on her schedule, lol, and you know us girls can be "fickle"...as for a man made "diaster" created by TPTB....they still haven't finished spending all our money to build THIER underground bunkers.....I'm happy to take my chances above ground with all the good people I know are in this world....let those "dummies" bury themselves alive, seems a horrible way to die......

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

To ask whether or not 2012 happened a long time ago is a bad question. The problem is that the 2012 issue is different to many people. To most it is nothing, because the Mayan calendar in question has no significance to the modern world. Then there are 2 camps that have fallen for the modern fairy tales that have been concocted to steal money from the wallets of the gullible.

1. Doom and gloom
2. Enlightenment

There are many flavors of doom and gloom from:

1. quakes and shakes
2. unknown planets
3. volcanoes
4. storms
5. mysterious darkness

There are many flavors of good two shoes effects such as:

1. DNA changes
2. indigo whatevers
3. super hero powers
4. vibrations
5. singularities
6. aliens come a courting
7. nirvana

With a roll-your-own aspect to this 2012 hoax, no two believers can be sure if they are in agreement without spitting out what it is they personally have accepted as being 2012.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I agree with much of your post on a logical level......however I don't think we can dismiss any number of possibilties.......is there an " awarness " that "something" is happening? Is it all BS? LOL...I don't know....working through all that I guess...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

When they go underground, We'll get bulldozers and bury the entrances. A few concrete trucks full of cement will help also. When it's all over they won't be around anyway, they'll be thinking they are the only ones who survived and stay down there. First thing to get up and running, a brewery

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

OMG...I haven't laughed sooo hard in awhile....twisted humor for sure.....

seriously though, think of the "sick" logic, and the complete waste of money, deception, and selfishness....one way they get people to "play" the game is by promising them a spot underground...meanwhile they will pillage the world.....makes my mind hurt........but you know they can't take away our Love and humor.......would happily share a brew with you..........

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Many of the issues are testable. For example, is DNA changing? No evidence so far despite all sorts of tests being done on a daily basis. Is there a new planet out there? No evidence at all. Searches way out beyond Pluto all through the Kuiper belt have turned up nothing.

Is there some sort of elevated awareness or whatever people want to call it? I don't believe there is. What I expect to see is a case of the emperor's new clothes. By that I mean some people may think they are vibrating at a higher frequency or whatever they say until someone points to them and announces that the emperor is naked.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I think the only real test is, did it happen before?

That answer is obviously YES

An extremely brief reversal of the geomagnetic field, climate variability and a super volcano 41,000 years ago, a complete and rapid reversal of the geomagnetic field occured. Magnetic studies of the GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences on sediment cores from the Black Sea show that during this period, during the last ice age, a compass at the Black Sea would have pointed to the south instead of north. Moreover, data obtained by the research team formed around GFZ researchers Dr. Norbert Nowaczyk and Prof. Helge Arz, together with additional data from other studies in the North Atlantic, the South Pacific and Hawaii, prove that this polarity reversal was a global event. Their results are published in the latest issue of the scientific journal "Earth and Planetary Science Letters".
sour ce

will it happen again? a good venture to say YES as we know history repeats its self.
will it happen 12/21/2012? a good venture to say NO, but, are we true psychics? lol! NO
You can bet on anything in Vegas. But who knows for sure, any outcome? not me, or you.
Take all the tests you want, they dont prove anything much...we only gamble on tomorrows, hospitals and morgues are full of those that lost the tomorrow bet.
edit on 17-10-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by racer451

Not sure what your response has to do with what I stated.

Sure geomagnetic reversals do happen, but pole shifts do not.

Take all the tests you want, they dont prove anything much...we only gamble on tomorrows, hospitals and morgues are full of those that lost the tomorrow bet.

Actually, tests prove a lot. They prove that pole shifts are impossible.

Is DNA changing as claimed by 2012 wackos? No. There are no 3 or 12 stranded DNA cases. In fact, it is impossible to have DNA with 3 strands or 12 strands. It can't physically fit together. Test shows that to be the case.

Is any of the 2012 nonsense happening? Tests make it very clear that the answer is no.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

With all the change in people these days, I think 2012 fits the mark perfectly for the Apocalypse (the world means Unveiling). It's clear that great earth/environmental/economic changes are underway, and our rapidly morphing power to perceive will influence how we make sense of what's happening.

I agree, and I will expose a thought I felt some times ago.

I don't know how much I belive in God or in something else, i believe in something major of us but not sure if it's God but I consider Bible a very singular book.

It is said that 2012 it is only the end of a mayan cicle. And what about Bible?

Genesis book it is thought to describe historical period of around 4000 BC

Old testament patriarchs like Abrham are thought to be lived at around 1800 BC

New testament starts with Jesus at 0.

So Genesis + 2000 = Patriarchs

Patriarchs + 2000 = Jesus

Jesus + 2000 = Apocalypse (?)

I think every change in human history was a customized "2012", a little Apocalypse for the time. Let's see waht will happen in our!
edit on 18-10-2012 by Ooahn because: grammatic error or maybe not? who knows..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join