It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
When Ryan lost the VP debate,

Um .. no he didn't. Most of the polls coming in say that it's pretty close to tied .. or that Ryan is a little bit ahead. CNN Poll - Ryan 48/Biden 44 With the exception of the Obama Shill Machine (MSNBC) .. most people are putting it either tied or Ryan slightly better.

You say that debates show 'another difference in democrats and republicans'.
I don't see that 'difference' that you are putting forward is there.
Fact checkers this morning are shredding the Biden lies and his drunken party-goer attitude.

And he told some real whoppers ...

Paraphrase Biden whining - 'we didn't know that Libya needed more security. "Intelligence" didn't tell us. It wasn't our fault"

Paraphrase Biden a few moments later - "Everyone calm down about Iran. They dont' have a bomb. If they did, 'Intelligence' would tell us. Trust 'Intelligence' and trust us".

Yeah right. Biden just gets done throwing 'Intelligence' under the bus and claiming it was screwed up with Libya, but then he says we are all supposed to forget about that and trust 'Intelligence' when it comes to Iran ... WHO buys this crap??

edit on 10/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Let's begin with he's not my candidate.

Next, I'm glad I only mostly meet people with your disposition on message boards.

Sad how clueless so many of you seem.

I truly fear for my child's future.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

I will try one more time: (This is dated October 12 at 8:30am)

www.jsonline.com...

CNN's scientific poll shows what I stated.

Again, turn your TV on to CNN and they are saying AT THIS MOMENT that Ryan won by 48% to Biden's 44%. You are asking for the CNN proof. I have been trying to provide it for you.

Once more, I am NOT saying Ryan won. I believe it was split. They BOTH fudged their facts; it's what politicians do.

I did find that it was CBS who had it in Biden's camp with that 51% to 30% win.

One more time sweetie, click your link and look at the TIME STAMP, that was 11:25 last night, kind of like trying to declare a winner to the election at 7 am on election day instead of waiting until everyone gets to the polls.

I don't expect you to comprehend it, but I want to be sure to reply so others with a little more ability will be able to see quickly what the issue is with what you're posting

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

You keep referencing the exact same poll over and over from last night.

Last night there were two polls, CNN that had it a tie because the margin of error (Biden 44%, Ryan 48%, margin of error +/- 5%)

And there was the CBS poll, it had Biden at 50%, Ryan at 31%, and a Tie at 19%.

So you have one poll calling it a tie, and one calling Biden the clear winner.

And you have today's conversations with the left loving the debate, and loving Joe Biden. And you have the right hating the debate, hating BIden, and hating the moderator. No one is talking about that other guy, it's like he wasn't even there.

So just admit it, that other guy that no one is talking about got his tail kicked by Biden. It's really sad watching you and other grasping at straws trying to spin the horrible whipping that Ryan took.

Answer one question honestly, did Biden dominate the conversation, control the tone, control the tempo, and is dominating the after debate conversation?

Note, I'm not asking who "won", just try to answer honestly.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Let's begin with he's not my candidate.

Next, I'm glad I only mostly meet people with your disposition on message boards.

Sad how clueless so many of you seem.

I truly fear for my child's future.

awwww you dumped him because he lost the debate

It's clear you're not for Obama, and you will most likely vote for romney/ryan if you vote. Everybody can see that quite clearly

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So only Biden told lies last night huh?

I love that you are so unbiased and not a Romney/Ryan supporter at all. You are still trying to play that game, right?

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

When Ryan lost the VP debate,

Um .. no he didn't. Most of the polls coming in say that it's pretty close to tied .. or that Ryan is a little bit ahead. CNN Poll - Ryan 48/Biden 44 With the exception of the Obama Shill Machine (MSNBC) .. most people are putting it either tied or Ryan slightly better.

You say that debates show 'another difference in democrats and republicans'.
I don't see that 'difference' that you are putting forward is there.
Fact checkers this morning are shredding the Biden lies and his drunken party-goer attitude.

And he told some real whoppers ...

Paraphrase Biden whining - 'we didn't know that Libya needed more security. "Intelligence" didn't tell us. It wasn't our fault"

Paraphrase Biden a few moments later - "Everyone calm down about Iran. They dont' have a bomb. If they did, 'Intelligence' would tell us. Trust 'Intelligence' and trust us".

Yeah right. Biden just gets done throwing 'Intelligence' under the bus and claiming it was screwed up with Libya, but then he says we are all supposed to forget about that and trust 'Intelligence' when it comes to Iran ... WHO buys this crap??

edit on 10/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling

Very good. I didn't catch that. Apparently, Ryan didn't catch it either or he would've pointed that out.

link   

nope

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

There are many people on this board, two on this very page, that claim they aren't Romney/Ryan supporters but all they do is defend them with the most ridiculous arguments. They will also bash Obama/Biden for the smallest things.

But yeah, they aren't biased because "they don't support Romney". It's funny to watch, because they really think that people are that stupid that we don't see their game.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

awwww you dumped him because he lost the debate

It's clear you're not for Obama, and you will most likely vote for romney/ryan if you vote. Everybody can see that quite clearly

In addition to your disposition, you're ignorance is truly astonishing. But you at least have one item correct.

I never have, nor ever will support Obama.....though I did indeed secretly hope he would prove me wrong.

He didn't.

I suppose you live in a version of the country where there are only two presidential candidates on the ballot?

You political-paint-by-numbers people really depress me.

edit on 12-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Republican mind set: If you can't say something nice about your candidate, then attack the other candidate.

that's from the OP in case you didn't bother reading it and just jumped in to prove the OP correct

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

nope

Before anyone goes off saying that this poll is not scientific or that CNN.com is liberally biased, I would like to point out that this same type of CNN poll showed Romney winning the debate against Obama by a similar margin.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Notice I said absolutely nothing about polls or quotes in the OP, but when THEY are asked to support what THEY are claiming, they try to turn it around. Again, they can't face the fact that they lost.... such a shame

Here are mine

www.bing.com...

You provide search results as your support? Did you even read through the results? If you did you would find that the left leaning media report Biden the winner, the right leaning media for Ryan and a couple that say it was essentially a tie, and in that case Ryan's behavior was favored.

link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Answer one question honestly, did Biden dominate the conversation, control the tone, control the tempo, and is dominating the after debate conversation?.

No.

Biden didn't dominate the conversation ... he turned what was supposed to be a grown-up political conversation into what looked like a drunken beach party. He didn't 'control the tone' .. he was OUT OF CONTROL. He didn't control the tempo .. interrupting 84 times in 90 minutes isn't 'controling', it's being OUT OF CONTROL. Tempo was the moderators job .. and she failed to keep both the candidates in line with tempo. Biden isn't dominating the after debate conversation in any positive fashion .. not even close. The fact checkers are discussing his lies and the talking heads (except the obama shill machine MSNBC) are all commenting on how clownlike Biden acted. That's not 'dominating the after debate conversation' in regards to policy or susbstance .. it's just everyone driving by a train wreck and making sure they get a good look at the carnage as they go by (rubber necking).

I understand your extreme luv affair with all things far left .. but what you are trying to sell just isn't there. The debate was very close .. most have Ryan a smidgen ahead of Biden .. the fact checkers are finding tons of lies from your buddy Biden .... THAT is the reality.

link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Where are you getting these numbers? I can't find it on the link you provided.

It is on the home page of CNN in the far right column close to the bottom of the page.

They're not capable of reading things like words and stuff

www.cnn.com...

How about you try reading words and stuff. That's not a scientific poll.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Republican mind set: If you can't say something nice about your candidate, then attack the other candidate.

And what does your mindset demonstrate?

I see little difference.

edit on 12-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Where are you getting these numbers? I can't find it on the link you provided.

It is on the home page of CNN in the far right column close to the bottom of the page.

They're not capable of reading things like words and stuff

www.cnn.com...

Good grief, it's a quick vote poll. And it's only one poll. I didn't see it because I actually clicked on the article's full story then clicked on another 'who won the debate', read it and didn't find the numbers there. Should I have spent the entire time searching for these numbers way on the bottom to the right when the poster could've made it easier?

Also, can't you bother to turn your TV on to see my CNN proof that you were asking for without my having to provide so many links?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Blah blah wrong.

Originally posted by HostileApostle
So only Biden told lies last night huh?

I didnt' say that. I was responding to the statements about how wonderful Biden was.
This is, afterall, a left wing pat on the back thread.
If someone wants to post how wonderful Ryan was .. I'd be glad to post some info about how he wasn't.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Once again for the umpteenth time, I am not "supporting my candidate" I am not going to vote for Obamney. Either ticket is a loss for America. What part of I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN don't you understand here?

I am not afiliated with any political party, I am only for America, reguardless of which candidates at any level represent what I see as the best way forward. Neither candidate is a viable option.

Obama represents an entire swath of what's wrong with the thinking of the left, or I guess I should have said the nonthinking of the left, as their idiologies are all for the most part ...stupid.

Romney represents the other side of the coin, where the rights thinking is thinking their thinking when they are not. He is a complete loser on so many levels I couldn't even beign to start without filling enitre pages.

Bidden is a tool, pure and simple, he is an idiot of the highest calliber, and nothing more than a soulless yes man for his party, agreeing and followwing the direction of his masters.

Ryan might be a good person, might not be, I don't know enough about him really, as he is fairly new to me, and I have yet to decide if I believe he believes a single thing he is saying, or if he is just like Romney and saying what he thinks will be received with the most welcome from his base constiuents.

The way I see it, Obama would be on every terrorist watch list in the country if he wasn't so well politically connected, as evidenced by his very close ties to so many known terrorists.
Romney is the epitome of a croney capitalist, nothing more, he cares naught for the people as long as he gets richer.
Bidden is a douche, plain and simple.
Ryan seems ok but that is only because he is pretty smart, so knows how to hide his true intentions very well.

None of these losers belong running a burger king, I wouldn't trust the with delivering my drycleaning or takeout.

Gary Johnson is the only hope of any meaningful change that will actually make the necessary decisions that will improve the life of most Americans in the long term.

He will stop the wars, he will change the current status quo of the already rich getting richer( like they don't have enough already) he will break the military industrial complex by cutting their contracts as we don't need them making billions of dollars worth of weapons we don't need.

Obama wants all Americans on welfare, so they will be greatful for him feeding their kids, romney doesn't even care about the people in any meaningful way. Americans don't want or need welfare, we need jobs so we can feed ur own kids, we don't need to spend almost 100 billion a year on the richest companies in the world( oil companies) we don't need to be killing millions in other countries. We don't need to have a larger navy than the next 17 largest navies in the world combined. The rich don't need any more money, they already have it all anyways. The pharmo companies need to be bankrupted, as they are evil, they don't help people, they ruin more lives every year than they save from the negative side effects of their products...etc

Basically the entire system is broken, from the top to the bottom, only by breaking the status quo and doing somthing different will we see this stop, not by blindly following a patricular party, and supporting their ideas no matter what.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by loam

that's from the OP in case you didn't bother reading it and just jumped in to prove the OP correct

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

I also see little difference in your mindset. You're being very condescending and all the lols and smiley faces don't make you very credible in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join