It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: To put foot in mouth at VP debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I really can't wait to see this tomorrow. Just for giggles really.

I think that Paul Ryan is a pretty well spoken guy.
Biden, is like a linebacker on steroids with tourrettes.

I wont be around during the debate tomorrow, but I know they will be replaying it like on every channel. So I wont be able to watch until later tomorrow night when they replay it.

But we need to establish a drinking game for the VP debate.

Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Well...if we all have to slam a shot each time Biden inserts foot A into mouth B...we'll all be drunk in the first 30 minutes.

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yup, a lot rides on Biden's foot and mouth.

The good thing is he has a lot of experience with policy, budgets and debate brawling.
He was my pick for POTUS way back...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Considering the ties between Obama and the VP debate moderator...

One shot for every time the moderator tries to skewer Paul Ryan....

Two shots for ever time the moderator coddles Biden...

No. We'd still be drunk in 30 minutes...
NM...carry on!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Pick a side, Dem or Rep. Each time someone lies from the other team you need to call it out, then whoever is on that team has to take a shot.

So for instance I choose R and you choose D. If Biden lies, I call it out and then you need to take a shot.
edit on 11-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I'm looking forward (pun intended) to the replay as I will be working.

People thought Bush was funny with his gaffes but Biden takes the cake.

Mr. Gaffetastic. The new surehero.
edit on 11-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
All good ideas so far. Yeah some might get us all past out drunk before debate ends.

This took some time for me, but heres my idea.

One shot for every mention of Big Bird

Two shots for Elmo

Three for the count, but you must count 1 (take shot) 2 (take shot) 3 (take shot) 3 shots! Ugh Ugh Ugh!
And you must do this verbally even if your spouse thinks you're crazy!

Anyways thats my idea, whoevers idea gets the most stars wins!
edit on 11-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think this should be posted in the Predictions and Prophecy forum! You would be one of the rare few on here who actually got one right!

Pax

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

LOL thanks, if the mods want it there.

Behold, I shall take Bidens foot and insert into mouth.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I disagree to some level. I don't buy the idea that Biden is this jovial, loose cannon who is a natural buffoon. I think the real Joe Biden is the Joe Biden that America first saw back in the 1988 presidential campaign. In that campaign he exposed himself as a plagarist. Going further back, the episode in which he directly plagarised a British politician, essentially presenting a mirror version of the speech as his own, opened the door for the nation to learn that Joe Biden was a crappy student in college and had plagarism issues there as well. He graduated Syracuse Law School near the bottom of his class, then used his political position to later have much of his record stricken, including the accusations and evidence of plagarism.

I think that Joe Biden repackaged himself following the 88 race in an attempt to simply survive. Let's face it, when you really have no power whatsoever and are essentially the White House's "Maid in Waiting", you can be pretty popular as the vilage idiot. That's what Biden is shooting for. The VP position affords him the luxury of being relevent and, so long as he comes off as a non threatening, bumbling fool, he's enjoying more buzz surrounding him than he ever has at any point in his life.

Don't get me wrong here, I am by no means suggesting the man is even remotely intelligent. I just think the lovable town crazy routine is an act to mask the gross inadequacies of his IQ and integrity.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sorry people Biden is not going to be such a "pushover".

The dude has been in the game for decades.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Screw the debate. I'm watching the Steeler game.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Sorry people Biden is not going to be such a "pushover".

The dude has been in the game for decades.

Eh, I think this could go either way, Neo. There's a 50/50 chance that Biden strategy will either be to make Ryan look like a bully or self-rigtheously intelligent, or he'll try to turn this into a Jerry Springer mud slinging contest. The ball here is in Paul Ryan's court, as far as I'm concerned. If he keeps himself in check and doesn't take the bait from Biden, Ryan is right up there with Dick Cheney in terms of calculating, cunning brain power. He's got to remain in total control of himself during this debate and, if he does that, Biden doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I agree with that the pressure is on Biden to deleiver for the Obama camp peoples perception of Biden was the issue for me here.

Ryan or Biden one will "win" anyones ball game just not much on over confidence.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think Ryan needs to play Biden the way Tom Cruise played off Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men... be in control, push him until he loses control, and then let Biden basically sink his own ship.

You could actually cast these two in the movie roles... Ryan as the quick, irreverant, upstart lawyer and Biden as the Colonel... almost at the top and deserving of all the respect that comes with his office... not to be questioned by some upstart punk.

"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!"

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is there already a VP Debate Thread started for tonight? If so, can someone please give this silly dragon directions to it....TIA...

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Is there already a VP Debate Thread started for tonight? If so, can someone please give this silly dragon directions to it....TIA...

Des

Make one: Vice Presidential Debate Discussion-Kentucky or whatever
edit on 11-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

OK...I will...I searched on ATS and couldn't find one....

des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey guys, I am just finally watching now.

Were there any mentions of Big Bird.

This debate seems like a bunch of malarky.

new topics

top topics

join