It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone thought of James Holmes recently?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hi ATS,
we all know who James Holmes is but for those who maybe dont......

On July 20, at a midnight screening of the cult-inducing Dark Knight Rises film at a movie house in Aurora, Colorado, Holmes, opened fire killing 12 people and injuring 59 others. He was arrested that morning and placed in custody.

I was just wondering has anyone thought or heard much about James Holmes recently
so i decided to do a search on google
all the news results for the first 4 - 5 pages are all from july 1012 - sept 2012 (except some halloween masks)
and nothing new
only one website here on page 1 of the search (dont know how credible)

Lawyer Herald

Currently, the alleged shooter Holmes is being held in a detention facility of Arapahoe County in solitary confinement. Eighteenth Judicial District Attorney Carol Chambers told News Day that she is considering pursuing the death penalty, but only after consulting with the victims and their families.

from link above

Just seemed crazy how little mention of such a huge story thats still ongoing.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Hey, they seem to be filtering this one quite a bit.

Not much has been said recently about it here in the US.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

madness!
ive not heard a single peep here in the UK

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Nope! he is not worth thinking about!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Im sure there is something more sinister in the works.

I do often hear stories on the news feeds about Feds convincing people to try stupid things and have them arrested.

I do wonder if the James Holmes story is simply one of those. But normally the FBI intervenes or gives them fake explosives.

One must also wonder, if Holmes was somewhat young, why he had a fully automatic AR as those have been not available to general public for decades now without FFL.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Madness, I asked my self the same question last night.

Its what the media do, one day your news, In a week your forgotten. I'll be making an effort to keep up with this one.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Actually, I did think of him. But you cannot rely on the mainstream media to give you ongoing information. The whole story stinks to high heaven, and the longer they have people focus on it, the more people are going to start digging and seeing the inconsistencies.

Right now we're being told everything is perfect in the good ol' USA, and we have only two choices for president, so choose one.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Same MO as the Loughner shooting. Loughner sat in prison for an entire year getting forced medicated. Then suddenly changes his plea and enters guilty. The security footage, which I immediately labeled as suspect, was put on ice and not shown because, as the wonderful experts on ATS says, it would "spoil" the trial. Well now there won't be a trial, and so footage of the crime won't be shown for probably another 20 years. I'm not sure what Holmes pleaded, but my guess is, the media will forget about him until it is politically expedient to wheel his orange head out to garner political points.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
To the question ,yes I was last week, because my sons were playing batman,and the strange is as big as they made the coverage,and as big as they dont say nothing on the news anymore ,made my imagination gone wild thinking ,why do we need this kind of real smoking gun??......the olimpyc games erased the fact from the media?????interesting subject.........

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I read someone's blog that went to a recent James Holmes court hearing (a real blog, not that Allison Michelle Ernst crap) and she said that James looks terrible, very scrawny and nothing like the mugshot where it looks like he gained weight, and he's totally out of it just staring into space mostly, looks like he's just coming off of drugs, bags under his eyes, says nothing. So, really, no wonder they aren't showing him- if people thought he looked bad in the first court video they would definitely know something is up if he's as bad as described. I don't know how someone could go from planning out what he did to becoming the zombie shown in the first court video and just getting worse.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
He's still in the news..

www.freep.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

that article is dated october 12
after i posted this thread!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So many holes in the public story.... naturally they want the public to forget it happened.

I actually thought about Holmes a few days ago when I came across the documentary on www.topdocumentaryfilms.com:

The James Holms Conspiracy: topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Its a good site because they usually link other relevant documentaries, like in this case:

Norway Massacre - The Killers Mind: topdocumentaryfilms.com...
Massacre at Virginia Tech: topdocumentaryfilms.com...

edit on 14-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

thanks for the links
ive watched the holmes and virginia tech but not the other one

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

The norwegian massacre is hard to understand. The guy went to an island with hundreds of kids and started shooting them. And he kept killing kids for 90 minutes until the police arrived.

He just walked around in a calm fashion and shot the kids, one by one. He was dressed like a police to get the kids trust, and then shot them. Sometimes at point blank range in the head. No empathy. No excitement. He pretty much acted like a Terminator robot. And then he turned himself in.

Its fashinating that people like that exists. I guess that is what happens when you dont feel anything.

edit on 14-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xerrnoip

he got like that because the ones holding him are keeping him docile

doc·ile/ˈdäsəl/
Adjective:Ready to accept control or instruction; submissive

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Forget James Holmes....what happened to 9-11 "Truth"; and war criminal George W. Bush, Jr. I'm tellin' you.......we're playing checkers, and the "elite" are playin' chess. Question is: will "they" take all of our pieces, or call checkmate sometime soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The suspect has been declared mentally ill. Condidtions for him will not improve until he shows progress in becoming better. To do this he must stop protesting his innocense and acknowledge his guilt. So we will see him next when he has agreed to plead guilty in court, after which he will again disappear forever into the prison system.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
What about the witnesses? I read that there were over 300 people in the theatre at the time of the shooting and only a handful have said anything about it?

Does that strike anyone else as odd?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Im sure there is something more sinister in the works.

I do often hear stories on the news feeds about Feds convincing people to try stupid things and have them arrested.

I do wonder if the James Holmes story is simply one of those. But normally the FBI intervenes or gives them fake explosives.

One must also wonder, if Holmes was somewhat young, why he had a fully automatic AR as those have been not available to general public for decades now without FFL.

Are you sure his AR was a full auto model? This is the first I've heard of this. If true, it would definitely be odd, as it would probably cost him about 20 grand to buy a full auto AR. A guy his age having that kind of money would seem odd to me. Not to mention how pointless it would be to spend all that money and time obtaining an automatic AR only to pull something stupid like this guy did and never be able to use it again.

You don't need a FFL to purchase or own automatic weapons. If you want to have modern automatic weapons you do in fact have to be a FFL holding dealer. But if you are just an average citizen you can still get automatic weapons that were produced before 1986 (pretty sure it's '86...) as long as you fill out all the title III paperwork and pay the 200 dollar tax. But because of the fact that the number of legal automatic weapons will NEVER increase (unless the government legalizes full-auto guns, which will likely never, ever happen) and is already fairly small, legal and transferable automatic weapons are VERY expensive, an AR would probably be around 20 grand or so.

He could have obtained an automatic AR illegally, but this is still odd as what kind of connections does this kid have where he can get illegal automatic weapons? I don't think this is the case though. Plus I'm pretty sure people were getting all anti-gun because of the fact that all his guns were purchased legally.

Sorry for the long post I got carried away. Do you have a link or anything about his AR being full auto? I'd love to take a look, because I was pretty sure his AR was just a plain old vanilla semi AR

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join