It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BMHWC] Sinkholes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"This is Kay Weatherby with radio station KMBY in Los Angeles reporting to you from atop a large hill over looking what was once a rural neighborhood along pacific coast hwy in Laguna Beach California. I will try to report to you as accurately as I can what it is I am seeing but without the permission to be here and FEMA along with N.G. and the military our location could be exposed at anytime and we are limited on how close we can get.

OK, so the sink hole is about as large as 10 football fields in every direction, it appears to be perfectly round with smooth sides that look almost slick and shiny. There are trucks and heavy equipment surrounding the area which has been cordoned off from the public and all access to the area has been locked down by the NG troops who according to the sign boards at the road blocks guarantee a bullet to the head should you not heed the warning to turn back.

It is not understood why the media is in a black out over this enormous event but if you want to know more about it then stay tuned. This is Kay Weatherby for radio station KMBY in Los Angeles, stay tuned and we will be right back after a word from our sponsors."

"Kay I have a bad feeling about this one, we have never seen such a lock down over a sink hole."

"I know John that's why we are going to report to our listeners as long as we can, they deserve that much and if no other media has the balls to do it, well then it's even more important that we do."

Kay reaches into her satchel for a bottle of water opens it and drinks it down in two thirsty swallows. John opens his pack and begins pulling out replacement batteries for his equipment.

"Listen John, if this is too much of a risk for you I would understand, you have family and kids.."

"No we are in this together, where you go I go no matter what."

"That was the deal my friend but this is different, something is really wrong here can you sense it?"

"Yeah, I can Kay, but you are always the one with the intuition so until you said something I was not going to."

"John to be honest, what I am sensing is far stronger than anything I have ever felt before, it is almost tangible enough to reach out and touch."

"Yes like an invisible fog coming closer."

"Right!, yet even with my abilities I just cant put my finger on it, really gives me a sinking feeling, no pun intended."

"Ok well gets back on the air waves."

"In 3-2-1"

"Hi we are back and you are listening to KMBY with Kay Weatherby out of Los Angeles."

A Large Boom is heard in the distance from the area near the hole and can be felt underfoot like a small earthquake. Kay and John both steady their stance and grab one another for balance.

"Whoa, what the hell was that?"

"John you were in the military, what do you think it was?"

"Not sure, sounded like munitions but I'm not so sure, it was more natural than man made."

" People I am not certain of the cause but we just experienced some kind of explosion which you no doubt heard which was followed by what could only be described as a small earthquake of about a magnitude 4.0."

"FEMA and NG are running from the site and jumping into vehicles and tearing out away from the hole, dust is flying and it is difficult to see just what is happening down there right now."

"In the distance I can hear screams! They are getting louder although I cannot at present see what the cause as visibility is zero due to the heavy dirt flying through the air as high as 50 feet above the sinkhole."

"What I am witnessing could be the biggest event in known history and the most important question is whether this is a defining moment and one that could change the course of life on this planet or even be the end of all life on the planet."

"Kay I think we need to leave, NOW!"

"Not yet John, we need to wait to see what is going on, is the sink hole becoming bigger? Are there people falling in? Is that what the sounds of terror are?"

"Kay, if they were falling in the sounds would be muted as they fell, they are getting louder and not seemingly ending."

"Folks we are going to stay with you and report everything, forget the sponsors, this is too big to take a break."

"Right now all we know is that there was some form of explosion at the site of the sinkhole with an earthquake type tremor afterwards and then all of the ground crews began jumping in vehicles and fleeing at which time we began to hear a stream of unending screams from the crews left behind but cannot tell you why because the explosion must have caused massive amounts of debris and dirt to fly up and block our view."

"The screams are getting quieter now, and the dirt does seem to be settling somewhat."

"This is the worst situation I have ever reported and am so sorry for everyone involved and affected by this tragedy."

"Ok the dust is now settling and, and, and John! WHAT is that?"

"Oh my God! This is too much something is crawling out of the sinkhole, lots of things are climbing out!, Whatever it is has gathered in groups around the bodies of those remaining souls left behind!"

"They are eating the people!" "They are eating them and moving on to the next!"

"I cant explain what they are , I have never seen anything like them, oh God, oh my God Help us, what are they? John what are they?"

"Kay we need to leave, look, they are spreading out like ants, and they're fast! Look! Several of them are headed up this hill, come on run!"

"Ants John that's what they look like, only the size of elephants, golden wet elephant sized ants!"

" And I do NOT want to be on the picnic menu! RUUNNN!"

As John reaches the SUV he realizes that the keys are in his tote bag, his tote bag is still up on the now ant covered hill....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I could easily see this story being a 1950's black and white horror film.

S&F

"We're going to need one hell of a can of bug spray."

edit on 9-10-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Loved it! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Had a feel of The Gate meets Cloverfield.

S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I know and she is wearing those stupid sensible but high heeled shoes, lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This was a fun story, it seems to be perfect for the latest sink hole contest, oh well written too soon.

new topics

top topics

join