It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive mushroom cloud in Russia after ‘spontaneous missile explosion’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
enenews.com... ack-smoke-no-nuclear-arms-involved-n

I think this happened not long ago, tried to see if it was elsewhere on ATS but couldn't find anything.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Oct 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That story wreaks of lies - how is it feasible that much ordnance exploded and caused that must noise and shock that far away but ~nobody~ close to it was injured? Not buying it.

I have to think something else is going on and going on at that location - and the deceased (or soon-to-be deceased) need to disappear to maintain cover of whatever else is going on there. It could be as innocuous as disassembly and disposal of the non-nuclear trigger in a nuclear device. It could just be the regular story of shells and tradition ordnance omitting maybe a little bit about foreign visitors. Whatever it is I'm guessing it wasn't nuclear (couldn't be hidden given what was described) and it wasn't chemical (same problem, locals would have region conspiracy theorists in town measuring for everything).

It just wasn't what they're saying - there is another dynamic at play. -Mags

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

If it happened here in the USA, we would get a half truth also.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

I doubt it was a high explosives set from a nuclear device. It's just not enough to create a mushroom cloud. You need at least 10,000 lbs. to get a cloud visible from 5 miles or so, and even still it would be pretty weak cloud.

From the video, I would estimate that to be at least 100,000 lbs. of conventional ordnance.
At least.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
great find. i'm surprised breitbart or ap hasn't already mentioned this. failed terrorist plot? much more serious than meets the eye. more important than failed red bull man freefalling.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No casualties? Yea right. Just imagine being inside that cloud at ground level. I'm pretty sure someone was in there.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So let me get this right...

There's nothing to worry about, but they're evacuating thousands of people, while claiming that there is no danger to the people in the nearby towns and cities?

Remember the lies and half-truths after Chernobyl?

No one should be trusting a word those government puppets say. If I lived there, I would be in my car and driving in the opposite direction within minutes of this happening.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There is more to this story that we are not being told. One of the commenters puts it:

'Light damage' extended out to 5.5km in Hiroshima, so given the much lower yield of the Russian event, why were they reporting felled trees and all windows in two towns shattered at 10km+? Also, why are the population being evacuated after the event?

Does this look like a small conventional explosive?

edit on 10/9/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

Keeps getting more interesting.

A local hospital first reported that four people were injured in the blast, and said they expected the number of injuries to increase. However, the deputy chief doctor later denied that the hospital had accepted any patients in connection with the incident.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Link to RT

Rhis is what I saw on RT.

The thing that I want to know is why are communities 500 miles away being evacuated. This is disturbing. It was a large cloud, and very near the 10K mentioned above.

Oops.

Seriously?
edit on 9-10-2012 by SeenAlot because: Link issues & I'm a spelling retard

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is this a...."Only in Russia" moments?

I hope no one was injured.

In Russia...bombs explode you

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I guess no one remembers Three Mile Island here in the U.S....they lied to us about that too.....

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

From your link...

Local emergency services confirmed that the blast wave from the explosions also blew out the windows of schools, kindergartens and a hospital.

If it blew out windows...it blew out eardrums....and no one was hurt....right....

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Perhaps not "small", but a plume like that could easily be caused by conventional explosives.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was likely a perchlorate explosion. (Perchlorate is the kind of fuel some rockets use... presumably missiles too.)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Perhaps not "small", but a plume like that could easily be caused by conventional explosives.

Agreed but I still don't think the story flies - but I'm also fairly confidence it wasn't to cover up a nuclear or chemical issue. I'm guessing they don't want people to know who was there that might lead to other questions - hence my "foreign" visitor suggestion (read: Iraqis or Iranians).

And the story is inconsistent within itself. They're talking about loading areas, regular ordnance silos, etc. and then also suggesting it's unmanned. Not only did the official press statement say no injuries but it mixes a manned operation with the suggestion nobody was around. So they just don't want to admit to the names or persons at that site.

Whoever suggested TMI doesn't have the right comparable - at all.

Does anybody else remember in the early 90s series of explosions like this across former Soviet States and all the people who were reported dead were already reported dead elsewhere? Then that comes up later as all failed arms transactions, turf wars between growing arms dealers, etc. This just "smells" the same.. -Mags

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Accidents happen, and remember, there is a reason they store these armaments so far away from civilian populated areas: big badda-boom

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

From the looks of this video, its just what they say. A munitions dump went up. And went up several times... like only an ammo dump could...

Heres another. Shockwave arrives at @ :17 setting off car alarms.

edit on 9-10-2012 by intrptr because: another YouTube...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That's what I'm guessing, on another video the shock wave and sound certainly wasn't consistent with a nuke. Somebody cut the wrong wire on something, or maybe Romney mailed somebody a MOAB.
I'd have to see a map of ground zero.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just for comparison. They look very similar to me.

Note that neither of these images appear to have that "nuclear glow" we have come to expect from a nuclear explosion. Both seem smokey, opaque, with some reflectivity.

First Detonation of Tactical Nuclear Weapons: 1951/1953

Whatever happened today in Russia.

edit on 10/9/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: charachterized the images and lack of glow

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Yah, both are "mushroomy". But notice the height difference. A nuclear fireball is much hotter than a conventional explosion and so rises much higher into the stratosphere.

If you view the top video in my post above you see that from a different angle there are multiple explosions.

edit on 9-10-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join