It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Beast (lefties) In Panic Mode

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Obama self destructed on stage and his base knows it.
They are in panic mode and I have a feeling things are going to get ugly.

Lefty Andrew Sullivan from the leftist site Daily Beast states his worries...

Seriously: has that kind of swing ever happened this late in a campaign? Has any candidate lost 18 points among women voters in one night ever? And we are told that when Obama left the stage that night, he was feeling good. That's terrifying. On every single issue, Obama has instantly plummeted into near-oblivion...

...But on the core issues of the economy and the deficit, Romney is now kicking the president's ass

Look: I'm trying to rally some morale, but I've never seen a candidate this late in the game, so far ahead, just throw in the towel in the way Obama did last week - throw away almost every single advantage he had with voters and manage to enable his opponent to seem as if he cares about the middle class as much as Obama does. How do you erase that imprinted first image from public consciousness: a president incapable of making a single argument or even a halfway decent closing statement?

And his current view on Obama...

Too arrogant to take a core campaign responsibility seriously. Too arrogant to give his supporters what they deserve. If he now came out and said he supports Simpson-Bowles in its entirety, it would look desperate, but now that Romney has junked every proposal he ever told his base, and we're in mid-October, it's Obama's only chance on the economy....

...Or maybe, just maybe, Obama can regain our trust and confidence somehow in the next debate. Maybe he can begin to give us a positive vision of what he wants to do (amazing that it's October and some of us are still trying to help him, but he cannot). Maybe if Romney can turn this whole campaign around in 90 minutes, Obama can now do the same. But I doubt it. A sitting president does not recover from being obliterated on substance, style and likability in the first debate and get much of a chance to come back. He has, at a critical moment, deeply depressed his base and his supporters and independents are flocking to Romney in droves.

I almost feel sorry for them....almost.

this next paragraph is hilarious...truth hurts though doesn't it?

I've never seen a candidate self-destruct for no external reason this late in a campaign before. Gore was better in his first debate - and he threw a solid lead into the trash that night. Even Bush was better in 2004 than Obama last week. Even Reagan's meandering mess in 1984 was better - and he had approaching Alzheimer's to blame.

But fear not lefties, there is hope...

I'm not giving up. If the lies and propaganda of the last four years work even after Obama had managed to fight back solidly against them to get a clear and solid lead in critical states, then reality-based government is over in this country again. We're back to Bush-Cheney, but more extreme. We have to find a way to avoid that. Much, much more than Obama's vanity is at stake.

andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com...

Maybe uncle Biden can pull you guys out of the mess you are in?

edit on 9-10-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
With the abject failure the Obama Doctrine, the next debate on Foreign policy will not bode well for boy wonder. He's got a lot of splanin' to do as the whole nation watches. I get the feeling that he will once again be at a loss for words. Should be good and the lefties should be panicking. They created this mess by not ever challenging anything Obama says or does for the past 4 years. 4 years of warming the bottle and hand feeding will do that to a "charmed" president with a free pass from the media and his die hard supporters.

Now its time to pay up...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well they're gonna stick to that "Mitt's lying!" excuse until the bitter end I think.
I think Obama is gonna replace "It's Bush's fault!" with "Mitt's lying!" at the next debate.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
who cares. the polls will change in boths favor at least 4 more times before voting day. Americans are stupid like that.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
who cares. the polls will change in boths favor at least 4 more times before voting day. Americans are stupid like that.
You know, for all the respect these "independents" get they seem to be the ones that are easily persuaded, maybe they should be labeled the "gullibles" instead.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I tend to think that 538 gives the best poll analysis out there and gives some perspective to the recent debate debacle.

fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...-35748

There's no doubt that Mitt got a bump out of that debate, but it remains to be seen just how much and whether it has any staying power. There's a lot of debating left and Mitt has just as much implodability as anyone, if not more. Regardless, this will be an interesting 4 weeks.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Right needs to make sure that they don't get too arrogant before this is all said and done.

I agree, Obama got his can kicked, but it wasn't because Romney preached truth from his podium. He lied a bit more than he should have and don't expect Obama to let it slide the next debate.

Also, don't forget about the Republicans that will not vote for Romney. I think the Right may be putting the cart before the horse on this issue.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
I tend to think that 538 gives the best poll analysis out there and gives some perspective to the recent debate debacle.

fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com...-35748

There's no doubt that Mitt got a bump out of that debate, but it remains to be seen just how much and whether it has any staying power. There's a lot of debating left and Mitt has just as much implodability as anyone, if not more. Regardless, this will be an interesting 4 weeks.
I'll forward your post to the Daily Beast, maybe it will make them feel better...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Before you read, realize I support the libertarian party. I am not supporting Obama or Romney.

Now...

You guys are STILL buying this?! Obama will win the next debate, it will be hailed as a comeback and then the debates after that he will destroy Romney.

He had to tighten up the race. If Dems felt it was in the bag then the would have less voter turn out. If they think every vote counts there will be more of them showing up. Just watch Obama will come back and all the lefties will be grinning and hyping him again all the way to the election. If this hadn't happened then there would have been low voter turnout and people would be upset they didn't have a choice since they knew the winner months ago.

Also, and this is the most important aspect, a low voter turnout and a one sided race means larger third party voting. They have to tighten the race they can't have the less enthusiastic dems and gop voting for third parties. They can't let indie voters have a good showing compared to partisan voters.

You guys have a lot to learn.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The Right needs to make sure that they don't get too arrogant before this is all said and done.

I agree, Obama got his can kicked, but it wasn't because Romney preached truth from his podium. He lied a bit more than he should have and don't expect Obama to let it slide the next debate.

Also, don't forget about the Republicans that will not vote for Romney. I think the Right may be putting the cart before the horse on this issue.

too arrogant???.....i'd be happy with them just telling the truth
didn't you republicans hear what romneys going to do?
keep obamacare intact.
cut taxes by 5 trillion over 10 years, lower the debt, without harm to anyone
create 12 million jobs, without detailing how he's going to do it
cut corporate taxes... no problem
cut his own taxes completely (investment taxes)...no problem

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Your point doesn't compute. According to them they had a huge lead with women and the
independ...-gullible, why would they throw that away? I hear ya, but it just doesn't make sense in this scenario.

Let's face it, Obama is not as badass as everyone thought he was and some still think he is.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's what I don't understand. For the last 3 years my party has made such a big deal about repealing Obamacare, and now when Romney admits he will not do that.....where is the outrage?

Hell, that has been the Republicans entire platform! As a Republican, I am ashamed at times how partisan and stupid my party has become.

Not only will he not repeal it, but he's the guy that started it all.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by jimmyx

That's what I don't understand. For the last 3 years my party has made such a big deal about repealing Obamacare, and now when Romney admits he will not do that.....where is the outrage?

Hell, that has been the Republicans entire platform! As a Republican, I am ashamed at times how partisan and stupid my party has become.

Not only will he not repeal it, but he's the guy that started it all.
I must have missed the part where he said he wouldn't repeal it,do you have a link?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that of the six times that an incumbent president has debated on TV only one has one the first debate and that one was Bill Clinton. fivethirtyeight.com has little change in the polls. So no - not so worried.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Mitt Romney raised some eyebrows today when he said, "I'm not getting rid of all of healthcare reform."

"Well, I'm not getting rid of all of healthcare reform," Romney said in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."

This means that he will not repeal Obamacare, but would only amend it.

"We're not going to do repeal it. You're not going to repeal Obamacare... It's not a total repeal... You will not repeal the act in its entirety, but you will see major changes, particularly if there is a Republican president... You can't whole-cloth throw it out. But you can substantially change what's been done."

Even Norm Coleman, Romney's adviser, knew this to be true. The Romney camp distanced themselves from this statement......only to say it themselves again later on.

Source
Source

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

you are truely have a thunderheart for the romney circle.....i wish you well my friend

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOUGH3914

you are truely have a thunderheart for the romney circle.....i wish you well my friend
Actually I'm in the Ron Paul camp but since he bugged out I'm for the next guy that will beat Obama.
In my opinion, anyone that supports Obama is guilty of treason of the human race.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is what happens when a President doesn't hold REAL news conferences and has to answer REAL questions - this is the FIRST time in 4 years that this President has had to give an accounting of what he's doing - he didn't win on style, he didn't win on substance - he LOST because he hasn't had to answer questions about what he's doing and where his policis have taken this Country. He has been living a lie, aided and abetted by the Lap Dog press that are more worried about where their "correspondents" get to sit in the non-existent White House Press Briefings (none for 5 weeks now!) than asking the hard questions to ensure that Americans are informed and protected.
Its no wonder that Hollywood loves this President - they both make their livings from "playing Make Believe".....time for that to come to an end.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So it's been determined that Obama loused up the debate and effectively lost..? Is that it? I suggest that there is another possibility that is taking place. And that is only speculation mind you. Let me preface first by saying that I do not like Obama, and didn't vote for him last time, but I don't like Romney either. It may be that Romney is becoming the 'darling candidate', but it also seems like Obama has been 'reined in' so to speak. It would almost seem like Obama has been directed to loose the election...... Does anyone else have that feeling?

Obama has been uncharacteristically quiet in my opinion, which seems quite unlike him, while Romney has been aggressive to the point of vicious, but not too vicious so as to be regarded Villainous. It's beginning to appear staged.......... IMO. What do you think? Seems fishy....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Obama is going win. Not because he has been a particularly good president, but because he's a stronger candidate than Romney. The UK consensus is that Romney was built on the Death Star.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join