It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans saw the future with the help of Aliens?? Bring your minds along for the ride!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You hit it on the head.......Nothing having to do with alignment.....

What if aliens took the Mayans to outer space VERY quickly and showed them an event happening? Something like a massive explosion or something of those sorts that will reach us in 5000 years OR SO???

Again this is just a thought, I have no proof.......This is just based on us only being able to see a star die off 650 years or so ago, today because of the time it takes light to reach us......

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The Maya said nothing about 2012. There is a single inscription that may reference it. The monument it is carved on pretty much describes a religious event where a priest would dress up as one of their gods. We also have plenty of references to dates that occur after 2012. This belief that the Maya foretold some great event that would occur this year is a modern fabrication.

EDIT: Disregard what I used to have at the beginning of this post. I was unclear of what you were saying but now I get it. My points on the Maya still stand though.
edit on 10/9/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Your a bit off in regards to Mayan cosmology. There were only three creations prior to the current one. There was no set length on how long each creation would survive. They lived for as long as it took the gods to realize they were unsatisfied with the creation. There is also no claim that there will be a Fifth Creation. The gods were satisfied with Man and as such the Maya never expect the current Creation to end.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thanks for the edit, as my thread has nothing to do with when the actual calandar was made......

All I am proposing is aliens took Mayans to outer space and showed them a catastrophic event that will be seen by actual humans in thousands of years.....

It is just a thought.......Seems like others can envision this as weird as it might seem to come off also......

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hey Op.... I just got through watching this series of videos.... and you may or may not find it interesting.

Either way... check it out and let me know your thoughts as I will too after you watch it.

Here are a few thoughts though....

This Elder says the calendar does not end.... the end of the year is the end of a cycle... and a new one begins.

You may have already researched and knew that aspect of the Maya... but just in case I didn't want to leave that part out.

The Sun he says is supposedly going to change but does not know exactly what kind of change may come.

The information from the Maya has been lost, but never the less it has been passed down through word of mouth.

Its all in the timing of the cosmos, he says.

Praying and or meditating, he says, for the new cycle to be better than the last or to meditate asking for the end or new cycle not to come with destruction.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ok... cant wait.... lol

I love this guy. I really do.

He believes there have been a lot of "mistakes" in regards to how the Maya have been portrayed... them self, as they are still around and he is proof.

He also believes a mistake is not investigating more and asking the maya what they believe.

The Maya were in fact into cosmology, alchemy, and the Universe was something of power and appreciation.

Because they worship the Sun, he believe the Sun will activate the memory (or could) of the Sun itself and this will allow more maya to awaken to truth and will be able to spread it.

He talks about the monkeys... and how they do not believe they are from a monkey... but believe we are spirit in bodies. The spirit comes from the Universe.

So, yeah.... Aliens is not out of the question.... not like little green dudes, but their ancestors may have no doubt taken them and shown them what is to come... or not come.

Im sure they have had obe, dreams, visions and so on. Dont really have to be Maya for that. Human Being in his spiritual essence can be very prophetic, in fact haven't they all been. If the human is prophetic, they are spiritual.

One last thing... The third video he also speaks of Freud and sex and how we are spirit... in our minds, "Sex is good, but it came late". LOL!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

the maya never cited 2012 as the end of the 5th World calendar--- thats true...

the maya only went by the formula of certain subunits that made up the time spans totaling 13 Baktuns,,,,
something over 5 million seperate 'days' in the Earth's Solar journey==
the calendar 'began' under a certain rulers presence and would continue until some ~5,120 winter solstices' later

you will note that i put the 5.200 year average of the 4 previous 'worlds' up against the current 'world' calendar time period of 5,120 years as a distinction... but in all events the 5 calendars of Maya 'Worlds' correspond to the other cycle we & other cultures know of as the Precession Cycle of some ~26,000 years

further study will be needfed to determine if ALL sequential Maya Calendar time periods were equal = being 13 Baktuns long...or if there were new starting dates for each calandar start with a period of 'rest' in-between these 5,000 year long timespans....~ interesting

as for the rest of your 2 posts... i will need to refresh my memory right now....

No... of course there is no specific proof of the anciet maya forecasts... the dang christians from spain destroyed all but fragments of the pagan maya (for the glory of god no less)

but from the bits & pieces of info i picj up... Quiche Maya Elders (a supposed direct authority)
tell us of 5 worlds (aka time spans/epochs)

don't feel that dissing my posts is a exercise in disproving anything... i only relate the bits & pieces of sparse info sources out there... use-the-google-search-function instead of defending a stance as neing absolutely valid

thanks for your reply anyhow
edit on 9-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well you piqued my interested with the final line in your post about sex being good....So I will watch the videos now....

I am at work and will watch them when I get home.......

Thanks for the addition!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by MamaJ

Well you piqued my interested with the final line in your post about sex being good....So I will watch the videos now....

I am at work and will watch them when I get home.......

Thanks for the addition!

Ha! No problem.... just paying it forward.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I think I better understand your saying what if the Maya went with ET approx. 5000 light years away and were shown something that will reach EA*RTH how ever many years subtracted from 5000 years when they brought them back. That would be amazing Chrisfishenstein and would also require that the Maya have math intelligence to be able to manage the time from when they left to how many light years away the event was and when they returned. If following this then they could of shown them many things cosmic explosions incoming asteroids or comets. at first I was taking it that you were saying what if they saw the future like from having past data past down but now I am getting more of what your saying. But why would they tell them or show them would be my next question? Was it to warn or alert them of some who would be here and they were shown craft thats approx 5000 light years away and they were telling them to warn man of the future and if they did want them to warn future man is that another sign of LOVE out there as well as potential for survival of the situation?

If thats the case I wonder why they would tell them unless alerting them that they would be back by a certain time or others. Would of required some serious space school to get the Maya minds to better process and then be able to share the info. There would have to be a good reason they told them good in preservation related if not something cosmic that could be prepared for, what is or was cosmic active 5000 light years away back then maybe some kind of nova sighting?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Nice creative thinking. My mind is already on this ride...

This kind of idea was imagined in the new Battlestar Galactica series. This is how it goes down in Season 3:

After the fleet struggled to make their way through a dense and deadly star cluster they happen upon an algae planet. A number of teams went to the surface to extract algae for human consumption because their original stores of food were contaminated. During their stay on the planet the chief mechanic felt a compelling draw to a nearby mountain. He went alone to explore a cave within it. At the end of the cave was a giant rock hewn temple. From the writings and pillar designs they figured it was the Temple of Five (also called Temple of Hopes) left by the 13th tribe. The primary symbol that adorns the temple is called the Eye of Jupiter. Here is the Eye of Jupiter in the show.

Looks similar to the picture in the opening post.

Temple of Hopes

The Eye of Jupiter

The ground team investigating the temple determined the temple to be 4,000 years old. The group had no clue as to the significance of the eye symbol. According to sacred colonial scriptures the Eye of Jupiter was supposed to be a marker that was left by the 13th tribe. It was supposed to point the way to earth. During their stay at the algae planet four cylon base ships jump into orbit and threaten the mission. The Cylons know about the temple and demand ownership of it. Adama threatens to nuke the temple if they go to the surface. They agree, but apparently one humanoid cylon goes to the surface to investigate the temple. This humanoid cylon felt a special calling of sorts to the temple to discover her original makers. The colonial team eventually abandons the temple and rigs it with explosives. The explosive igniter fails to function and the temple remains.

Then up in the sky there is a disturbance above the temple. The star of the solar system just went nova in a helium flash. The commander figures they have less than an hour before the blast reaches the algae planet. Seeing the sun go super nova, the chief mechanic comes to the conclusion that the Eye of Jupiter is all about the sun going nova. He said this event was the temple's purpose to begin with. After the battlestar jumps out of orbit, just in time before the shockwave reaches the planet, the colonial leaders realize the importance of the events that just happened. The 13th tribe had a vision of what was to come 4,000 years in the future and drew the Eye of Jupiter symbol. One officer brings up scientific records that indicate another nova went off about 4,000 years ago. The other nova was 13 light years away from their present position. The area had become a cloud of gases called the Ionian nebula. Adama, their leader, determined this to be a road sign showing the direction where the 13th tribe went next. They decide to head for the Ionian nebula on their way to find earth.

The story goes that a 13th tribe separated from the 12 colonial tribes 4,000 years ago and found their way to a planet they call earth.

Here's an interesting post I made to a rather interesting thread related to the same subject. It has to do with some interesting stones made by the Aztecs.

Pre-Columbian Star War Stories Emerge From Stones

Mormons invent the mythical planet called Kolob. A sci-fi writer named Glen A. Larson writes the original Battlestar Galactica TV series back in 1978, who also is a Mormon. Larson names the BSG mythical world Kobol which hints at the Mormon world of Kolob. Later one of the Star Trek: Next Generation writers decides to reimagine the BSG story for himself and creates the new 2003 series. His name is Ronand D. Moore. Moore uses most elements from Larson's original story but many new elements appear in the show. The Temple of Five and the Eye of Jupiter sub plot are original to Moore only.

Can fantasy reveal truth? Maybe. It happened to Jonathan Swift.

The Martian moons Phobos and Deimos described 150 years before their discovery

They [the Laputians] have likewise discovered two lesser stars, or satellites, which revolve about Mars, whereof the innermost is distant from the center of the primary planet exactly three of its diameters, and the outermost five; the former revolves in the space of ten hours, and the latter in twenty-one and a half; so that the squares of their periodical times are very near the same proportion with the cubes of their distance from the center of Mars, which evidently shows them to be governed by the same law of gravitation that influences the other heavenly bodies. - Gulliver's Travels

edit on 9-10-2012 by lostinspace because: wording

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

O.....I can attest that the Mayans were VERY intelligent at not only math, but the universe.....This would be extremely difficult in my opinion unless they were assisted along the way!!

If what I say is true, then this would be the assistance needed for them to have a great knowledge of not only math, but the star systems and outer space as a whole.....

Yes I am saying that what if the aliens showed the Mayan(s) something that was coming our way as a way to warn our future generations of an incoming event??

Everyone talks about aliens saving the people of Earth with ELEnin and all.......What if the aliens showed people of Earth thousands of years ago something that was on it's way, and the only way for the Mayans to help us understand it was what they did with the calandar??

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Well your post is pretty interesting in being I have never seen Battlestar gallactica (sp?)......yes I see the comparison of the pictures you are showing with the "eye" photo.....

Like I said I have absolutely ZERO proof of this, and was just something I was thinking while reading those other threads I stumbled upon....

But it makes sense that aliens actually did try and "help" or warn humans of an event headed our way in the not so distant future......Just like all the people who talk about aliens, planet X, ELEnin, whatever you would like to call it.....Coming down to Earth to save mankind.....

What if they know when this time is to come, and planet X or whatever does come to Earth as a spaceship (like discussed everywhere) to ship humans to a different planet and actually save mankind?? That would be something, hearing the actual reasoning here FIRST by me.......

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Everyone talks about aliens saving the people of Earth with ELEnin and all.......What if the aliens showed people of Earth thousands of years ago something that was on it's way, and the only way for the Mayans to help us understand it was what they did with the calandar??

Then I am deeply thankful for them for taking time to share with all today. If they assisted in sharing level events especially with EA*RTH man then they prove there is love in the cosmos and if thats why the d.um.b..s are designed in response to more sensitive data the EA*RTH govs may know Maya related then its kind Of a relief to know that the space bros/sis took time to alert EA*RTH bros/sis to dig deep in. Nice thread and Meta info to think

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Personally, i believe the Mayans just ran out of stone or chisel's or something happened and the chief chiseler was offered up to the gods for writing something he shouldn't have...

serious reply BTW.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
for what it's worth, Man will destroy this planet before and without any external influence...Christ, we are doing a fine job of it now.
my only hope is, if we are a Alien experiment, i pray they intervene before we make a right royal ass of it..

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Daft question, but why would aliens come to Earth and impart their knowledge on the Mayans, and not any of the other civilisations and cultures around the same time?

Why not the Romans?

"Oh look, there are 34 different cultures on Earth at the moment, scattered across all the continents apart from the southern one. Some more advanced than others. Lets pick one at random (not the most advanced nor most widespread nor most populace) and ignore all the rest I'm sure in 1500 years time all the other cultures will listen to them ..... "

Stupid aliens, if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Oops, the dreaded double post!

edit on 13-10-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
at the time the Mayans were just as advanced if not more so than any other civilisation...just a thought.

and lets face it, the weather was better than the UK's

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

I would say the Romans and Chinese were more advanced. And more noticeable in their activities (unless you count mass deforestation as a sign of advanced culture)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join