It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel shoot down drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This seems a bit strange. Some one has flown a drone inside Israel which apparently come from the direction of Gaza. The Israelis have no idea who sent it but monitored the drone before eventually shooting it down after it had travelled roughly 35 miles across the Negev desert.

The drone was first spotted above the Mediterranean Sea in the area of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to the west of Israel, said military spokeswoman Avital Leibovich.

It was kept under surveillance and followed by Israeli air force jets before it was shot down above a forest in an unpopulated area near the border with the occupied West Bank.

www.reuters.com...

Now, they have also said that on a previous occasion, hezbollah have tried this. I didn't know Hezbollah had drones. They are sure it most likely didn't come from Gaza so if it has come in from the Mediterranean who could possibly be behind this incident?

Who have we got our money on
No doubt Iran will get lumped with the blame at some stage.
edit on 6-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I've heard a civilian Leobnens airplane was hi-jacked by Israeli jet fighters.

Haven't you heard anything ?

www.farsnews.com...
edit on 6-10-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

No but...

Iran has released a drone video of US carriers in the gulf.

hmmmm....?

I wonder...?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I feel the tensions are on the highest level in the recent months.

US-Iran
Israel-Lebanon
Syria-Turkey
Israel-new drone

What do you think ?

+ I haven't heard about Iranian drone taking video of US navy.We should have heard it on TV. But not yet.
edit on 6-10-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The drone is trivial. It does not represent any sort of escalation. It's happened before. Drone flies into Israeli territory. Israel shoots down drone. It likely was nothing more then a surveillance craft, possibly just testing the limits of Israeli security. We do that all the time. The Russians do that all the time. Just push the envelope and see what you can get away with. We know Iran has drones, so it's not unreasonable to suspect them. Once the Israelis analyze the wreckage, we'll see.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
What do you think ?

I'm a non active soldier.

I think the whole region [All sides] need to take a GIANT ego stuffing chill out pill.

+ I haven't heard about Iranian drone taking video of US navy.We should have heard it on TV. But not yet.

ATS search feature is your friend

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My question is where it launched from?? Iran sounds like a fair pick for the owner or someone using an Iranian drone. I don't know anyone else in the region with advanced domestic production programs for their own that would fly one here ...and 35 miles means it sure isn't among the civilian market types I've seen so that rules out a joker with a trust fund playing games.

Hmm.... I agree with others saying it's not unique. It does happen...but the timing sucks and the little mystery of who is sure a valid one. If they can launch drones up and out of Gaza..someone might even figure out they don't have to fly HIGH... Heck..they could follow a highway at 20 feet and who knows? maybe "drive" right into whatever they want. It's not a passing concern in the present time, I'm thinking.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just found the other thread

site doesn't update fast on my end for some reason...

Scrap at will

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Nice picture.. Can you translate the website for me? I got the date and then I was screwed.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by mideast

Nice picture.. Can you translate the website for me? I got the date and then I was screwed.

Sorry it's late.

It says that a captain ans his crews on his ship had witnessed two Israeli fighter airplanes forced a Lebanese airplane to a new passage.

It isn't any credible. sorry.

new topics

top topics

join