It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Atheists dont have a standard law or moral standard other than what is forced upon them by secular society.
If they want to love gays thats fine, if they want to hate gays thats fine as well. No one is right or wrong as there is no standard applied.
Hitler was a good man or Hitler was a bad man, depending what is right or wrong to the individual. Life has no value at all or the contrasting life is all important. The average atheist can and does believe whatever they want
Its a free for all.
Granted Christians are not good at what they are supposed to do, we are not very loving and forgiving and we often are hypocritical as well. Yet we know, everyone knows that the Christian mantra is love God and love the people of the world
The problem then is why cant Christians have a standard they choose and apply it to themselves like the atheist do. I get it, many Christians fail, as do atheists, but why are we judged so harshly and atheists are not judged at all. At least we have a standard, yeah we fail at it and we still sin, but we have that standard.
Atheists have nothing and then judge Christians, thats cowardly in my opinion.

So a Christian doesnt support homosexuality and thats bad, yet an atheists who states as much is ok HYPOCRITES
edit on 3-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I think Atheism is one of those filler belief systems.

Because it's about just that. Belief.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
well, i consider anyone that believes in God and doesn't believe in UFOs a hypocrite...the number of true atheists are very limited due to when the proverbial brown stuff hits the round spinny thing, most of them find a deity. Back to the first point though, if you believe in one invisible deity but not so much on things that have been reported for thousands of years......you are being a bit of a hypocrite.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I call Troll. Such a weak and specious argument. You're either a Troll or a Christian.

My values are my own BTW. I don't need any 3rd party to tell me what is right I automatically know when I'm doing something wrong.

Like now, but heck so are you.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Atheism is the absence of belief get it right.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Religious law calls for absolute accordance or absolute punishment.

Secular law allows a gray area for both the accused and the prosecution to negotiate terms.

I prefer a country (and a world) where your beliefs about God and my beliefs about God have no bearing on whether or not a law is constitutional and fair for ALL Americans.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest
I call Troll. Such a weak and specious argument. You're either a Troll or a Christian.

My values are my own BTW. I don't need any 3rd party to tell me what is right I automatically know when I'm doing something wrong.

Like now, but heck so are you.

I agree with that, this is a mirror to an atheists post. I just changed the word atheist from Christian, its to highlight the troll nature of his post.
Simple really, and lotsa fun.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
reply to post by Soloro

Atheism is the absence of belief get it right.

Atheism is a belief, its a religion. Its a faith that there is no God.
Agnosticism is not a religion like atheism. It doesnt call for belief in a God or not in a God.
Atheism believe God doesnt exist, thats faith.

Oh the fun I will have.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Atheism is the absence of belief

Correct.
The definition of atheism begins and ends with a lack of belief in God.

However, Atheism is NOT a solution to the "problems" caused by religion.... and atheism is NOT a ticket to a better world.

edit on 3-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The absence of belief is not a religion, not believing in pink unicorns is not faith.
I am not even atheist but just as there are trolls posing as atheist to battle christian trolls has noting to do with anything other than debating something that can really be debated. people believe whatever they want to when there are no real answers yet some people are so eager to place blame in something or someone to justify their belief.

this road ends nowhere just get the terms right is what I am getting to.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Everyone is wrong, we are all hypocrites and no one knows anything!!! Everyone happy now?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yes there is, Benjamin Netanyahu

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Does any of it really matter?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

What if I were Buddhist and don't believe in God? Am I still with out morals based upon a principal of all things?

There's very little proof of anything that suggests that there is indeed a 'God'... it's hard to even logically reason the 'his' very existence. Lets not kid ourselves here... we know the real reason why Christianity took hold and the entire history of coming out of the dark ages. Right... The darkest and dirtiest moments of history all fall at the feet of men killing in the name of combating religion, it's getting real old.

Ya know what's going to be the death of religion? When the world wakes up and finally sees how ridiculous this all is... I mean cmon, it's almost like an epic episode of the 'Twilight Zone'.

flam on...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I was having a conversation about the God/UFO stuff the other day with my brother as he is an athiest through and through. I asked him, do you believe in UFOs? he says "No, I only believe in what I see". Thats when I realised he doesn't believe in very much at all including himself.
edit on 3-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
IMO Jonny Cash summed it up well in one of his lyrics:
"I swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell"

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
To think someone can't have morals, and know what is right or wrong, without believing in God is simply ridiculous.

That is the sort of nonsense spread by the church to increase the size of their collection plates.

Is there anything that capitalism hasn't corrupted? The Church is just another business exploiting the working class.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

To be agnostic one must be agnostic toward all possible religions. From what i have seen most who are agnostic are simply christians who prefer not to carry the title of christian. How many agnostics do you know that are agnostic toward Zeus, Shiva, or Odin?

Do christians believe in Zeus? If not, using your logic, they believe Zeus does not exists. Are they a part of 2 religions, one that believes in God, and one that believes Zeus is not real? Or maybe christianity is a religion not based on the belief in God, but the non-belief in all other gods?

To say that not believing in God is a religion is using the assumption that there is a God. Take that assumption away and there is no belief, there is only evidence and the logic.

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen F Roberts

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Atheists dont have a standard law or moral standard other than what is forced upon them by secular society.
If they want to love gays thats fine, if they want to hate gays thats fine as well. No one is right or wrong as there is no standard applied.
Hitler was a good man or Hitler was a bad man, depending what is right or wrong to the individual. Life has no value at all or the contrasting life is all important. The average atheist can and does believe whatever they want
Its a free for all.
Granted Christians are not good at what they are supposed to do, we are not very loving and forgiving and we often are hypocritical as well. Yet we know, everyone knows that the Christian mantra is love God and love the people of the world
The problem then is why cant Christians have a standard they choose and apply it to themselves like the atheist do. I get it, many Christians fail, as do atheists, but why are we judged so harshly and atheists are not judged at all. At least we have a standard, yeah we fail at it and we still sin, but we have that standard.
Atheists have nothing and then judge Christians, thats cowardly in my opinion.

So a Christian doesnt support homosexuality and thats bad, yet an atheists who states as much is ok HYPOCRITES
edit on 3-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Christians are judged critically because when they judge others, it's at odds with the very principles that they preach to be wrong. Further, many christians find it necessary to try to convert others to believe the same dogma that they subscribe to.

I've never had an atheist preach to me, try to convert me, knock on my door early Saturday morning, or tell me that I'm a sinner who's going to burn in hell for all eternity simply because I have different beliefs. Atheist aren't actively trying to change laws to restrict my rights, they don't tell me that my place as a woman is to be subservient to a man, and the ones that I have encountered seem to be truly good people who do things because it's the right thing to do, and not because they're afraid of eternal damnation and punishment at the hands of an all loving god.

I respect that.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yes there are bigger hypocrites than athiest's

Priest's that enjoy kiddy doodles.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join