It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Year Old Autistic Boy Beaten by Police in School Illinois

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They tried to isolate him in some kind of time out area, which probobly made the situation even more scary and confusing for him. When he tried to get out of this time out area by climbing a dividing wall police were already there to attempt to subdue him. At that point police officer Calkins ripped the child from the wall by his limbs like a ragdoll, causing his face to smash against the wall, which resulted in a massive black eye . He was then wrestled to the ground by police and taken into custody.

This breaks my heart. Any one who know or haves Autistic children know sometimes they can be out of hand, but they need to be handled in a different manner. The police here are way out of line man handling a small child like this. Also on top of this they arrest a 9 year old for aggravated assault on a officer WTF
Then deny him his constitutional rights. Surprise this has not hit main stream news yet.

Mods I think we need a Thread for Police Brutality/Abuse of Power as these posts are becoming more common

Another Source

Blog
Sour ce
edit on 28-9-2012 by JValhalla because: Link broken

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How can people be so cold and "blind"

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What the hell were the teachers doing?
Blind leadership? no need to question throwing a nine year old into the wall...the police know best

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Whoa! a 9 yr old?

I mean even if he wasn't Autistic... but the fact he is?!

I mean this cop should be in prison, even if the kid wasn't Autistic but the fact he is I honestly feel he needs to be punished and greatly.

If a 9 yr old autistic child is not safe from the insane brutality of police, then who is?

How many more times must this happen before people stand up and demand action taken?!

edit: I had no idea they could charge a 9yr old with such an offense! Remind me to stay the hell out of Illinois.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why is this in BTS now?

I wouldn't say this is off-topic chit chat!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There is NO EXCUSE!!!

If that were my child....I dare not say what I would do on a public forum.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Stories like this honestly make me sick, I mean this is a child and autistic child to boot! Who in their right mind handles and any child like that? They bang his head off a wall and then charge him with aggravated assault? Talk about insult to injury. I hope these cops get held accountable for their use of what is obviously excessive force.

I'm surprised they didn't use tasers.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Every time I Post on ATS it goes to BTS so I thought I would be safe and post it here. If a Mod feels it needs to be higher up he or she can move it. That's why I called for a forum dedicated to the 5-0. It seems stories of shootings, beatings and rapes are starting to come up everyday.

link   
i agree, let the little fella run riot, after all he is autistic.
who cares if lesson's are constantly disrupted, he's autistic!.

link   
reply to post by voided101

If a "citizen" did this they'd have their heads on a pike.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There is a private police officer forum, that a won't mention here...but you can easily google police forums and find it; where they frequently refer to citizens as animals and sub human scum etc...you'd be surprised what they say when they think, the public can't see it in a private forum among brothers of the shield.

Reading there, I can safely say; The child in your post was just another little animal, making their job as zoo keepers difficult...
edit on 28-9-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: grammar

link   
how is this anybodys fault but the parents... if the kids autistic they should have known ahead of time and they would have went about the right way to handle the situation. But just because he is autistic doesn't mean he cant be a lil sh*t. Sometimes you cant even tell a kid is autistic, no excuses...

link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I couldn't agree more.
I get pissed if my daughters boyfriend talks to her in the wrong tone.
I personally know quite a few children who have autism and they are all so talented and creative. If this was to happen to one of my friends children I know exactly what they would do...

link   
reply to post by JValhalla

My apologies, for some reason I thought this was on ATS, as I had a million windows open hehe.

It is awful though, these stories are more and more common it's so much that I know we have had to become somewhat desensitized as bad as that sounds but we all just allow it to continue to happen. I mean nobody is suppose to do these kinds of things to another person let alone a child. A mere baby.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
There is a private police officer forum, that a won't mention here...but you can easily google police forums and find it; where they frequently refer to citizens as animals and sub human scum etc...you'd be surprised what they say when they think the public can't see in a private forum among brothers of the shield.

Reading there, I can safely say; The child in your post was just another little animal, making their job as zoo keepers difficult...

the kid probably was acting like an animal.... where is this so called forum

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
how is this anybodys fault but the parents... if the kids autistic they should have known ahead of time and they would have went about the right way to handle the situation. But just because he is autistic doesn't mean he cant be a lil sh*t. Sometimes you cant even tell a kid is autistic, no excuses...

I suppose you are the know all authority on Autism?

pffft.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

He was in a special school to handle his needs, parents yes maybe but what if his parents did this, the boy would be taken away and they would go to jail etc. I don't think a cop throwing a child against a wall is any sort difference they should be put in jail for child abuse.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by dayve

I suppose you are the know all authority on Autism?

pffft.

No but i raised an autistic kid

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
i agree, let the little fella run riot, after all he is autistic.
who cares if lesson's are constantly disrupted, he's autistic!.

Yep, he's autistic and they should know how to handle him, if not they should find another job.

I hope your not working in the education system.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JValhalla
reply to post by dayve

He was in a special school to handle his needs, parents yes maybe but what if his parents did this, the boy would be taken away and they would go to jail etc. I don't think a cop throwing a child against a wall is any sort difference they should be put in jail for child abuse.

Doubt it, the kid was probably fighting the cop. You make it sound like they walked in the classroom, picked a random kid, and slammed his face in the wall for no reason. If that is the case, the police where wrong and **** them..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join