It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our destructive manners are the key to surviving?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I pursue for harmony in life. I would like to see us thrive as a uniform society. I would like to see us connect with and understand nature as it is, a paradise. But, somehow there is a side of me that is driven by these stupid destructive manners that leads to destructive deeds. By this I mean deeds that are disrespectful towards nature, our life provider. For example some trash left over there, some over here. I could easily have collected those, as I should have. But at that moment I didn't give a f***. Is it being lazy or is it encoded in us? There are plenty of other examples I could give, but I think everybody knows what I'm trying to spell out here. I think we all do this. Some more than others. But we all do. (However if there are saints amongst us, then I am very sorry for the statement I made, and I salute you!).

Now, if we look at the bigger picture. We all are aware of our situation. We are screwed. But for some reason our technological advancements are picking up speed. And I somehow think it relates to our destructive manners. What if we are meant to rape this planet, use all the resources? What if it is our evolutionary path to do so? What if we are bound to die off as a species if we don't progress as we do? I know, some of you think you'd rather die than jump on this train, I probably would too, but bare with my thought. Though it's not a new one, but I individually somehow connected with it today.

Space is a quite hazardous place. Danger is all around. So maybe it isn't safe to stay put on one globe for too long. There is always the chance of a cataclysm and if are human resources are scattered around surrounding planets there is a better chance of surviving. Better yet, what if the earth attempts to kill us? What if the lack of oil use would have caused a cataclysm here somehow. Maybe by being totally ignorant we provide ourselves more time to get out. There isn't much honor in this thought but if this really is a Darwinian race as we are brainwashed to believe, we might be on the right track.

Please do share your diverse thoughts with me.
edit on 28-9-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

You're right, destructive behavior is the key to surviving. But here's my question in return: what if we no longer need to survive? For being on top of the food chain, we do an awful lot of destroying - in other words, we claim we have nothing to fear, but we keep displaying huge amounts of fear.

Surviving is for those who have limited tools in a less-than-friendly environment. Perhaps instead of survival, we should work on coexistence. I see no threat to the well-being of our race aside from one thing: ourselves. And that's where coexistence comes into play. Perfectly obvious, but then again, we're perfectly stubborn.

The only thing that is unnatural in the universe, is resistance to change. Change is motion, and everything is in motion. But we're so afraid of where that change will take us, that we waited until we were in a spot where we could come to a stop and build a city of gold, rather than continue down the river. We are unnatural at this point in time, because we are resisting the flow of the universe. We are blockage. Because we are afraid. Afraid to grow, because we think we won't like what we become or where we go.

Survival? No. Survival is no longer our game, just like walking is no longer an adult's game. An adult must focus on working with others to further its deeper developments - and just so, we must focus on our deeper developments, such as getting along with our own species.

Coexistence.

edit on 28-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A machine out of whack. When the governor fails to regulate the motion, equilibrium fails and you end up out of control.

It would take a very clear mind in this age to work with nature and not impact on it. We're given everything. Water? Comes out of a tap or from a bottle. How else do people drink .. silly.

Meat? Comes from the shops... there they ensure that all meat is natural and never suffered.

People these days could not even milk a chicken if they were asked to, let alone get a cow to lay eggs.

It's all topsy turvey.

I think this is why I do like that new tv show, Revolution. It'd be nice to think that at least some segments of our culture could exist, but without power. If anything catastrophic were to happen, for me to pick one, it would be massive irreparable EMP. No more crap.

I would be the first to scream about it... I live on this stupid thing. But I'd also do what I've done every other time the world has thrown me a stinker... deal with and get on.

It's funny, the mother on invention is necessity... we're not given any reason to need any more.

it's all want.

Destructive manners... nah you're just sick and tired of the world as it is. and instead of equilibrium, you feel anger at it - without knowing why. it's just natural... sadly, the abrasive world we live in will only cause more and more... we need to reset..

We really need to reset.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree with you totally what it comes to coexistence. And this is exactly the point why I wrote this thread. Why do we still keep on destroying. Is it because we 'know', or our genes 'know' that we can't stop yet?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This following video isn't why I posted but it matches pretty good to the topic. A small part of a lecture by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Astounding man. Smart AND social skills. Nice combination.

new topics

top topics

join