It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN changes its caption and changes the story…Digital Newspeak or History re-written!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by blahblah454
Great work finding this. I think it is all of our duties to be watching for changes like this. They are only going to be doing this more often in the future!

Thank you! I really wish this got more attention here! I could care less about stars, flags and whatever when it comes to actually thinking about our future and how this is affecting it!

Look at the ratings.

- Nobody is watching CNN. -

Fox News has all of the eyeballs.

They're being fed crap either way, so I suppose the source doesn't matter too much.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
not defending either way, but what if you realized you really didn't know what was going on because what you were shown on down the line in the game of "telephone" was ALL suspect.....
having said that, yes, history is changed by such interpretations, but nailing down the who and why becomes just another method of division and conquering, does it not, and we should deny the ignorance of what SEEMS obvious, when, in reality, it might not be, but fed to you just that way to get you to reach the desired conclusion.
In other words, we are all pawns in this game, so that the perpetrators are masked as victims, as well, and there is no way of idenitifying the root, nor stopping it.
Just a thought.
I think the reality of this times has shown us plenty that the more obvious it is, the less we really know, and the more obfuscated the "truth" really is.
edit on 28-9-2012 by tetra50 because: addition, if i only understood math. LOL

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

An eye-witness to the event or in this case the photographer knew what was going on, this was not my point my point is being purposely mislead by the media.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

An eye-witness to the event or in this case the photographer knew what was going on, this was not my point my point is being purposely mislead by the media.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

sorry, but I totally doubt eye witnesses these days myself, and as any trial lawyer will tell you, eye witness testimony is the LEAST trustworthy in the pursuit of factual information, which is to warn us and to say, that for a long time now, reality is totally up for grabs via perception, which is up for grabs, as well, due to many inducement methods. Sorry, not trying to dampen your message. I abhor, as you clearly do, any obfuscations of truth for the purposes of manipulation; however, my point is otherwise, if you take my meaning.
Thank you for the information, regardless.
edit on 28-9-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

sorry, but I totally doubt eye witnesses these days myself, and as any trial lawyer will tell you, eye witness testimony is the LEAST trustworth in the pursuit of factual information, which is to warn us and to say, that for a long time now, reality is totally up for grabs via perception, which is up for grabs, as well, due to many inducement methods. Sorry, not trying to dampen your message. I abhor, as you clearly do, any obfuscations of truth for the purposes of manipulation; however, my point is otherwise, if you take my meaning.
Thank you for the information, regardless.

I do and thank you!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

If you can't suppress reality then when altering it do it incrementally in small steps.

I support the theory that the news cycle is now so fast that previous controls are now incapable of dealing with the flow. It is like a factory worker that must control the quality of production but the line has been set too fast that he starts to lower the standard just to be able to deal with the more important faults... (this would be a very good cartoon)

edit on 28-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Awesome! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Not like it's the first time we've seen it but it's ridiculous that it still happens. Even more ridiculous that people still fall for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Someone that gets a job as "editor" is just a government shill covering things up.

Probably got the job at the same place you got yours. "Location: Texas, Mood: Patriotic, Signature: I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill." If that's not rich then I don't know what it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So the original caption was incorrect.

They decided to edit it and correct it.

Am I missing the big deal here?

The owner was protecting the protesters inside his establishment.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
So the original caption was incorrect.

They decided to edit it and correct it.

Am I missing the big deal here?

The owner was protecting the protesters inside his establishment.

No they changed it in the opposite direction..
So yes you are missing the big deal..

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
who even believes msm any more.

they got caught lying.

the first caption is the honest law abiding citizen protecting his costumers from the lawless anarchist vandals, the second photo is the business owner protecting his costumers from the state.

america doesn't practice democracy, it practices corporate statism.

in that everything is dependent on corporate dollars to survive, it includes the msm, both political parties and the government.

instead of taxing them to survive, they chose to get in deeper and deeper with them.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Funny how a simple word manipulation can make a person's view change that easy!!

Gotta love the "spin" that reporters put on things to make it seem the way they want it.

Don't want to make the police out to be the bad guy here, RIGHT???

Great find!!
We gotta keep digging up the REAL story instead of the MSM garbage they feed us!!

I want the OP to know that I have authored at least one thread on this subject before. It's as if reporters or news outlets publish a story, then a call comes in from [choose your conspiracy here], and they are coerced/strong-armed into changing it (the headline). Very minor changes in wording can have massive changes on perception. So who's calling in and saying "we can't have the public thinking this or that" and/or "we don't want this sentiment spreading"?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sweet.

Went for a walk to the pier and beach today.
On the way back home, I took an alternate route; moving magnetically while paying attenc'ion.
I'm glad I did.
I ended up at the marina opposite from the ocean at the intercoastal waterway.

Sat down, had a brew and a smoke in reflection.
The sky was glimmering in gorgeous shades of a golden twilight of blues and amber.
There were a few birds chirping away at the nighting sky.
All the sudden, hundreds arrived singing in a sonic chorus of majical rythm penetrating through my (.....).
Couldn't 'find' the right word.

Anyhow, It was a very powerful chorus healing in effect and powerful with intent.
Minutes later, thousands arrived completely altering the atmosphere.
Wow!, what an amazing experience.
Very special though.....fleeting as in a timeless 'moment' of bliss.
Thought I'd share. A gift of grace like a lil wabbit I had to bring home for some reason; seemed appropriate for the times.

Used to have a little rabbit when I was young. It went on walks with me in the wild though always stayed within sight. Unfortunately it was left out in the yard at night and panicked being lost in the 'dark'. A coyote had it's way and it was a anew day; sigh. Doesn't seem to far off the mark as an analogy of t'day.

*God Bless*
edit on 28-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

S&F

The media propaganda machine is getting more blatant insulting our intelligence by the day, this is absolutely preposterous and infuriating

It even happens in my local paper and everyone complains about the sensationalism tabloid style stories but nothing is done. It's why i only go to ATS and independent sources for information. Because it's a war of manipulation and control of your mind. With that said I declare journalism officially dead from cancer.

R.I.P journalism

edit on 28-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm surprised you ATS members still don't understand how the media operates...

The media really doesn't know anything, but they want to report everything as soon as possible and before other media sources. So when a story pops up, the usually report on it as soon as possible with very little information and without completely fact checking. Then when time passes, and they find out more info, and or get the story straight, they will later update their facts and info.

Most extreme conspiracy theorists such as all of you think some nefarious thing is happening because of this... But the reality is, the media is just dumb, makes stupid mistakes, and then tries to fix their mistakes when they learn they are wrong. Most of the time they try to hide their mistakes or fix them silently because they know they will lose credibility.

The media doesn't have an credibility to begin with, so topics like these amuse me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

The media really doesn't know anything, but they want to report everything as soon as possible and before other media sources. So when a story pops up, the usually report on it as soon as possible with very little information and without completely fact checking. Then when time passes, and they find out more info, and or get the story straight, they will later update their facts and info.

I never see them correct a false report, can you give me something for example?

If that was the case they would be constantly retracting said reports don't you think?

I have for one a perfect idea how the media operates. About 90% is propaganda the other 10% is lies.

Most extreme conspiracy theorists such as all of you

You just categorized the entire forum user base in to a fringe type of lunatic group of thinkers. This is a logical fallacy. irony of it is this is something the media would say as well in fact they do it all the time. When you say conspiracy theorist yet what is odd is some conspiracy's are not a theory but have been solidified as fact.

edit on 28-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

Unless you live in a third world country without any journalistic standard or are talking about tabloid media that are not really journals or news outlets, that is not the case under discussion, you should check your ego.

I understand that Internet media has lower quality and is not often signed, but the publisher in this case has responsibility also.

Journalist and accredited news outlets), have by national, corporation and professional standards to very sources. In most cases two independent ones that must validate each other's. Even if a journalist makes a mistake the editor then is responsible for the quality of the work.

There are simple propagandistic alterations that will not violate the code, hiding a fact or showing only a particular view point. Remember the case of the time magazine distinct covers for domestic and international consumption...

Another alteration that can pass standards but is not ethical but strangely happens a lot without sanctions is to add the reporter own interpretation (this can be done in many ways, even by how some facts take predominance in an article). In most nations (or even international distributed ones) there are journals or magazines that the public can clearly identify as being left or right oriented simply by the type of subjects covered, but the fact is that there are really no independent press and there never was.

Media his a consumers oriented market, the consumer are both the readers and the brands that place adds (or firms that manage advertising for brands). The media firms have editorial control but have to cater the both this interests and in some nations to governmental orientations.

As I said unless you are in a third world nation without functioning institutions and professional standards this description does not apply.

Leaving the case of intentional alteration the only possibility that something like what is under discussion being published. If and how sanctions are applied to those implicated will indicate how journalistic standards are respected and how independent the news process was. When the news are about governmental actions that indicates how free and independent form the state the press is.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness

Most extreme conspiracy theorists such as all of you think some nefarious thing is happening because of this... But the reality is, the media is just dumb, makes stupid mistakes, and then tries to fix their mistakes when they learn they are wrong. Most of the time they try to hide their mistakes or fix them silently because they know they will lose credibility.

The media doesn't have an credibility to begin with, so topics like these amuse me.

Reasons why media cannot be trusted is in red coloured above.
Forget the media guys.
Thanks for the info BTW

From now on, CNN is junk. (for such a long time should be)
edit on 28-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
S & F for you! Yeah, that's quite pathetic. How ignorant do they think the world is? Oh, wait. I forgot! Quite ignorant. It seems that with the headlines regarding Ahmadinejad, this OP and probably other articles, the PTB are desperately attempting to increase the propaganda stream. I don't want to sound like a nutcase but what if they know that ultimately their war of indoctrination is futile and could be setting up the world for a disastrous event?

On another note, it shows the power of the people. We are many, and they are few. People forget that the police and military forces are humans, although "brainwashed" to an extent, they'll eventually come around.. I hope.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join