It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Untold Military Aircraft At Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Here's another military aircraft completely 'untold' to the general public. I'm very dubious it can fly at all...I mean, why would NASA research on an aircraft like this?

That's Groom Lake below:

...And, when was this discussed???

Source

I think NASA did this deliberately, to conclude all UFO sightings as being this aircraft, as it has been concluding some as being birds, weather balloons, Santa Claus...anything but UFOs.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Saneeto

Have to admit it does look a bit strange with the plane built in.
I think you have a point about deliberately making it like a ufo shape so as to muddy the water on sightings.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Avro

www.ufocasebook.com...

edit on 28-9-2012 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
didn't it evolve into this :-

In a way it's a shame that jet engine technology took off as there would have been more of these flying around the world.

P.S. why can't I just embed the image in the reply ?
It shows it as a link
edit on 28/9/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

You have to upload the image into the "Tools" / "ATS uploads" first.

Then click the picture, wait for it to load, copy the "use in a post" image jpg and paste it, like this.........

ETA: Re-size it first so that max pixel width is 550 otherwise you get the scroll bar which I find frustrating.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
ah thanks for that.

Now I am glad I got out of bed today and learnt something new.

Sorry for the thread drift.

As for the Vought V-173, it had exceptional slow speed handling and was very fast as well.
Could have been a good war bird.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There are some pretty major issues with the pictures.

First and foremost....the source. Can anyone link any of these pictures to a legitimate source?

Second......It appears to be a jet but lacks any intake/exhaust ports.

Third.....The USAF are stringent with the types of paint they use on their planes. The colours of the identifiers are wrong on the aircraft.

Fourth......The wheels are different in different pictures. The larger wheels shown in the take-off/landing pics are the wrong scale/size.....This might sound like a knit-picking point, but to make the radius of the wheel 1/4 larger, will effectively double the weight of the wheel.

To Add.....I've found this, but nothing to confirm the OP........I will keep checking

Popular Mechanics Via Google books

edit on 28/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

...and this

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Maybe 'they' wanted to study the flight characteristics for such a shape...you know,...for later instaling the 'real' stuff. The airforce/ nasa accepted that these shapes fly unindentified around and want to see for themselves if such shapes can give them benifit for future designs..

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This story has been around for a while now. This is an LRV Lenticular Re-Entry Vehicle used by the USAF for recon and spy missions. It was designed to go into low earth orbit and rain down nuclear destruction. There are several sizes of these from 40 feet to over 100 feet in diameter that were flown out of Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio and at Kirtland AFB in New Mexico. Undoubtedly these are the responsible for many flying saucer sightings throughout the 60's and 70's.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Saneeto

It's the Avro Car. The pictures are fakes, but the concept was real, and has been public knowledge for years. It was only able to get into a hover to about 10 feet (if even that high), and was so unstable that they grounded it after a few attempts.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

videos.howstuffworks.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9/28/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Those look like really old pictures, the jets in the pictures look like 1950`s era jets.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Many thanks to all generous replies!!

So, their intent was to make a 'flying jeep', but I still don't see any engines on the craft, or, maybe they were on the downward side. And, knowing that it would be largely impractical, why did they persist for so long? there's more to it than what can be seen in NASA's documents, some hidden intention. It just doesn't fit the pieces of the puzzle. In fact, it messes up even further.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

It is from the 1950's...research on this craft was started in 1953. Maybe they were trying to replicate the Roswell UFO

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Undoubtedly these are the responsible for many flying saucer sightings throughout the 60's and 70's.

Well, not exactly. With 10 feet of altitude, I doubt it would've gone out of the facility at all..

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Saneeto

There was a lift fan that was in the center of the craft, that provided vertical propulsion. There were a number of engines that were embedded in the craft to provide forward and horizontal propulsion. If you look carefully, you can see the openings for them, but they're very hard to see.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To the contrary,.....these carft flew well and did do many test flights.......
they discontinued the research very probably after they back engineered the Roswell craft, and had no need for these experimental beauties.......
Once the motive power for the real saucer was known....

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

And the proof of this statement is where? Show some evidence if you're going to make outrageous claims.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saneeto
Here's another military aircraft completely 'untold' to the general public. I'm very dubious it can fly at all...I mean, why would NASA research on an aircraft like this?

Look Familiar?

P.T. Barnum was right...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join